Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I still love that panel so much

edit:

Cat Machine posted:

I love that panel so much that I had it made into a mug

oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Countblanc posted:

What's the good mug site
Vistaprint. They even do some cool AI upscaling poo poo to smooth out all the artefacting and make it nice and hi-res!

I had to draw in some missing linework to make it sit nicely on the mug, so here's the pic I uploaded:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i always put the birdcage in the company of other force of nature use of abilities that are grander than the strength of their users

like blackbeard's quake quake fruit is reputed to have the power to destroy the world but while akainu can't stop a quake from taking out islands he can still tango with the person behind them

similar story with the nebulously material strings closing in on an entire island

my reasoning: i need something to get me through the birdcage on rereads

Violen fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 18, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cat Machine posted:

Vistaprint. They even do some cool AI upscaling poo poo to smooth out all the artefacting and make it nice and hi-res!

I had to draw in some missing linework to make it sit nicely on the mug, so here's the pic I uploaded:

Very cool, thank you

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

hosed up that Adachi’s ultimate wasn’t an earthquake/gravity punch.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Violen posted:

i always put the birdcage in the company of other force of nature use of abilities that are grander than the strength of their users

like blackbeard's quake quake fruit is reputed to have the power to destroy the world but while akainu can't stop a quake from taking out islands he can still tango with the person behind them

similar story with the nebulously material strings closing in on an entire island

my reasoning: i need something to get me through the birdcage on rereads
My desperate excuse for similar reasons is that it took him a lot of time to set up. It fits with his puppetmaster shtick to have him prepare this elaborate trap to destroy the country if he ever needed to. It would basically mean that Zoro and Fujitora weren't pitting their strength against Doflamingo and losing, they were pitting their strength against a contraption that Doflamingo set up using his ability.

Yes, he uses it on another island with no setup in the Corazon flashback, but maybe that one was weaker. I don't know. Birdcage is hard to think about.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its okay. everythings okay. the answers been right in front of us all along.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Haki.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to
Problems that upset you, oh
Don't you know
Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine
And we want you to sleep well tonight
Let the world turn without you tonight
If we try, we'll get by, so forget all about us tonight

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Nakama!?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Eiba posted:

Yes, he uses it on another island with no setup in the Corazon flashback, but maybe that one was weaker. I don't know. Birdcage is hard to think about.

That one was a lot smaller too, so it'd make sense for him to need some prep time to make the much larger one we see on Dressrosa.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Logia type. :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/X6xyB47.mp4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unfortunately it looks like next week is a break week

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yep. Spoilers are out, so be careful!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Man these YT animators work quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9rzsgZ04Q

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I love Brook's stupid puns. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's the absolute deadpan delivery followed by the unhinged laugh that gets me everytime

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Boy that really drives home how lovely Law’s crew is

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm still in the first third of Dressrosa, but as i'm inching closer towards finishing this re-read, I gotta say Law's crew is probably gonna end up feeling a bit like an afterthought. They were just vibing elsewhere while Law hung out for a year at Punk Hazard, then we meet them, what? 200 chapters ago? they're barely in Wano, and that cool bear guy isn't even a Zoro clone so Law doesn't have a buddy up there like Luffy and Kid.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I can't recall; do we know if Brook was always a puns guy or did he just spent decades telling bone puns to imaginary crewmates as a way to not go insane?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only people on Law's crew who matter are Law himself and Bepo, this has always been the case and this will always be the case.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

One of the guys wears a penguin hat. I don't know his name or if he even has one, but I still think that's important.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Libra posted:

One of the guys wears a penguin hat. I don't know his name or if he even has one, but I still think that's important.

His name is Penguin.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

See, that's good. He matters.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

I Am Fowl posted:

I can't recall; do we know if Brook was always a puns guy or did he just spent decades telling bone puns to imaginary crewmates as a way to not go insane?

Trying to imagine a fleshy Brook that doesn't make skeleton puns and I can't

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

laws crew is cool, bepo obvs rules and the other two guys that show up are charmingly weenieish. its funny to think that theyre the crew of a near-emperor even though they're the biggest jobbers on the planet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Drakkel posted:

Trying to imagine a fleshy Brook that doesn't make skeleton puns and I can't

Even when he was alive, he was probably just skin and bones.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Law's crew has a bunch of heavy hitters who are REALLY pissed about not getting any screen time, not being involved in the alliance and so on.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
There's a rough translation of the new chapter here, so TCB scans might be coming soon.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oda really must be rushing through things; Pudding being captured and seeing where she ends up takes ten pages instead of ten years.

Also I guess Oda heard everyone asking what Law's crew are good for!

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 20, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LAW. LAW. YOU COULD LITERALLY TELEPORT ALL THESE IDIOTS INTO THE WATER WITH SHAMBLES
LAW

THIS IS WHY YOU'RE NOT AN EMPEROR LAW

Straw Hats going full Astro Boy and I love it.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
so close to straw hat babies....

law's crew get to do something finally lol. wish they'd had the opportunity earlier. glad blackbeard isn't just rolling them at least. are we going to see koby locked up with pudding too? actually i wonder if kuzan is planning something with koby, if he does still have any secret allegiance to the marines it'd probably be with sword?

& vegapunk working with the revolutionaries too isn't that surprising but raises a million more questions. maybe it's shaka who's on good terms with dragon while lilith loves making weapons for the world government

lih fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 20, 2022

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Raposa posted:

His name is Penguin.

Law could never remember Penguin's name, but then one day Penguin saw a penguin hat at a market and got really happy because he finally had a way for Captain Trafalgar to remember his name.

Unfortunately the next time Law saw Penguin all he did was glare at him and say "What is that strange, dumb animal on your head?"

Some time later on Punk Hazard Law would find himself with a strange, dumb animal on his head, causing him to remember Penguin and his own heartlessness.

That's my backstory for Penguin until we get one from Oda, thank you for reading.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Polar opposites is good

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

lih posted:

so close to straw hat babies....

law's crew get to do something finally lol. wish they'd had the opportunity earlier. glad blackbeard isn't just rolling them at least. are we going to see koby locked up with pudding too? actually i wonder if kuzan is planning something with koby, if he does still have any secret allegiance to the marines it'd probably be with sword?

& vegapunk working with the revolutionaries too isn't that surprising but raises a million more questions. maybe it's shaka who's on good terms with dragon while lilith loves making weapons for the world government

I’d considered the possibility. The main argument against it was that it would make things too easy for the Revolutionaries. The Vegapunks not all being on the same side would be interesting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It does make sense that a crew with a submarine as their ship would be really good at sea battles.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1583070523365371904

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Decided to read these early scans this week. Is the visual quality always this bad on them?

I need to see a better resolution on that Robin outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Really looking forward to TCB's version. A lot of art in the quick version was really hard to make out.

Infinitum posted:

LAW. LAW. YOU COULD LITERALLY TELEPORT ALL THESE IDIOTS INTO THE WATER WITH SHAMBLES
LAW

THIS IS WHY YOU'RE NOT AN EMPEROR LAW

Straw Hats going full Astro Boy and I love it.

I'm pretty sure Law can't just teleport around or directly mess with sufficiently strong people. Or at least, he doesn't for some reason, so I assume he can't do it easily. The only combatant he directly messed with was the horse.

Law's ability is annoyingly confusing, which is a pity because this confrontation is really interesting. I love Law's crew finally getting fleshed out.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oda really must be rushing through things; Pudding being captured and seeing where she ends up takes ten pages instead of ten years.
Yeah, the placement of this Law vs Blackbeard segment is really weird! Usually we get stuff like that between arcs, but here we got it between two random scenes at the start of this arc.

I can only imagine he needs the consequences of this conflict to come into play before the end of the Egghead arc, otherwise this whole thing should really have been at the end or something.