Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Having a hard time remembering much of a "Good" prime day deal tbh. I was hoping for something on Dewalt as well... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Motronic posted:

I would have really liked the 4 gang charger. But not at that price.

100% agree with this. Like $150 I could maybe stomach, $100 would instantly buy.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
This is super handy I wish spent $12 sooner.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-10-in-Cross-Cutting-Hand-Saw/1070275

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i got myself a nice set of wera metric hex keys for 3d printer work and hoo boy are these way better than the black oxide ones

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Speaking of Wera, I picked up the "Wera 004281 Zyklop Pocket Set" because it was on sale and it seemed like the perfect tool to keep in my car for small jobs. I've only used it a couple of times so far but I've been crazy impressed. My only complaint is that the ratchet is so short. It's hard to get a lot of force behind it, but that was obvious when I bought it. I would also have liked a stitched on loop/pocket to hold a 3/8" ratchet extension.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

SpartanIvy posted:

Speaking of Wera, I picked up the "Wera 004281 Zyklop Pocket Set" because it was on sale and it seemed like the perfect tool to keep in my car for small jobs. I've only used it a couple of times so far but I've been crazy impressed. My only complaint is that the ratchet is so short. It's hard to get a lot of force behind it, but that was obvious when I bought it. I would also have liked a stitched on loop/pocket to hold a 3/8" ratchet extension.

Is this both a ratchet wrench and a ratcheting driver based on how you orient the handle?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Deviant posted:

Is this both a ratchet wrench and a ratcheting driver based on how you orient the handle?

Yeah the head pivots and locks at 0, 75, and 90 degree angles. So you can use it as both a screwdriver and a ratchet. There's no way to disengage the ratcheting mechanism though so you're always tightening or untightening one way.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Deviant posted:

My snap on 1/4" ratchets do this and it's very convenient. Though they don't lock in place at angles they have tension screws.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Amazon has decent deals on Greenworks stuff today: https://smile.amazon.com/deal/18727a3a

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
"Had to improvise because table saw died"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Trabant posted:

Welcome Brother!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

:hellyeah:

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Trabant posted:

Wow the guard isn't even wedged open. loving amateur hour.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Trabant posted:

With a couple push sticks that's not even that dangerous. Definitely back pocketing that idea.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
Bad news for DeWalt fans hoping for a battery mower with the flexvolt line, the new mower has a new battery format. Also it's already caught on fire at a tool show:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Danhenge posted:

Bad news for DeWalt fans hoping for a battery mower with the flexvolt line, the new mower has a new battery format. Also it's already caught on fire at a tool show:

I'm no fire scientist, but isn't parking hot equipment on top of dry grass/hay sort of a recipe for fire?

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
I think that's gravel, but I'm not sure. I just wanted to post the picture mostly.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Crazy that you can bale gravel now what will science think of next.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Should I spring for the 18v ProSpeed gravel baler or will the HomeFlex model fill my needs?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Any opinions on Ryobi 40v battery snowblowers?

e: or their electric snow shovel?

That Works fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 20, 2022

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

H110Hawk posted:

Crazy that you can bale gravel now what will science think of next.

The mower appears to be resting on gravel in an area ringed by haybales, is what I'm saying.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is that mower battery powered or gas powered?

Yup. Read the OP again.

I know that if you work something battery powered really hard, the batteries themselves can get hot but would they really get hot enough to catch something on fire the same way a hot exhaust from a gas engine would?

I mean without the batteries being compromised in some way.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

starting to lose track of which posters are in on the joke and which are not

anyway, that's not a picture of an electric lawn mower

Holy poo poo, it IS a prototype zero-turn electric lawn mower!

ryanrs fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 20, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ok, well I'm not in on the joke. Its gas powered then, and parked too close to dry hay bales and caught them on fire from hot exhaust.

Got ya.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

That's 100% dewalt's new prototype electric zeroturn. More pics here. You can see all of the battery packs in the first picture. Pretty sure it didn't spontaneously combust because it was in the vicinity of a hay bale.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
For the record I am not in on any jokes.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

ThinkFear posted:

Pretty sure it didn't spontaneously combust because it was in the vicinity of a hay bale.

idk if we can make conjectures like this without all of the facts

joking joking joking

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wesleywillis posted:

Is that mower battery powered or gas powered?

Yup. Read the OP again.

I know that if you work something battery powered really hard, the batteries themselves can get hot but would they really get hot enough to catch something on fire the same way a hot exhaust from a gas engine would?

I mean without the batteries being compromised in some way.

Li-ions are very energy-dense and don't take much provocation to just explode whether you're actively using them or not, it's been an issue with electric vehicles for over a decade. They don't get hot enough to spontaneously combust unless they're spontaneously combusting, if that's what you're asking, no.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 20, 2022

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

its impossible to say when a battery powered mower will explode

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

normally I would guess "after they start selling them" but I am clearly not in tune with the latest industry trends

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010

ryanrs posted:

starting to lose track of which posters are in on the joke and which are not

anyway, that's not a picture of an electric lawn mower

Holy poo poo, it IS a prototype zero-turn electric lawn mower!

It's true to its name, it will be making zero turns :dadjoke:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure how to feel about tool makers spreading themselves so thin .. loving cordless riding mowers??

How's about DeWalt gets to making a hydraulic impact driver instead

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
gently caress that, gimme an M18 line of cordless kitchen appliances.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Rufio posted:

legit wouldn't mind being able to use the nice batteries for stuff like a coffee grinder, immersion blender, mini food processor, paddle mixer etc. It would be a pretty natural fit for the power needed / sizes etc.

e: I feel like I've had this convo in here before...

That Works fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 21, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I want an M18 toaster oven and microwave.

Obviously the fridge and stove would be the mx power line

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Rufio posted:

Vacuums are crying out for a decent tool brand to step in.

Makita seems like it has the best options, but I'm not sure whether their stick vacs compared to the premium appliance industry.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I'm building a 300W buck converter so I can power 12V car stuff off my M18 chainsaw battery. Things like a 50W ham radio, air compressor, small inverter, etc.

Output will be 14V @ 20A.

But I have a ton of projects going on, and this is a low priority. Probably something for 2023.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

~Coxy posted:

Vacuums are crying out for a decent tool brand to step in.

Makita seems like it has the best options, but I'm not sure whether their stick vacs compared to the premium appliance industry.

I'd kill for a DeWalt to replace my loving Dyson.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I legit use a Milwaukee backpack shop vac as my main around-the-house vac because I'm loving tired of the shitass battery in my old Dyson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That Works posted:

legit wouldn't mind being able to use the nice batteries for stuff like a coffee grinder, immersion blender, mini food processor, paddle mixer etc. It would be a pretty natural fit for the power needed / sizes etc.

e: I feel like I've had this convo in here before...

what for, do you not have outlets in your kitchen?

Like, the Makita coffee maker is gimmicky but fine I guess if you're camping or whatever and don't know how to build a fire. But battery powered paddle mixer? Tbh just stick your paddles in your cordless drill :getin:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 21, 2022