Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my own grandmother slipped and fell, hit her head and died after being comatose for a few weeks. it wasnt great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
these bikers are out of control

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

these bikers are out of control

tired: seizing dangerous guns
wired: seizing dangerous bicycles

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

my own grandmother slipped and fell, hit her head and died after being comatose for a few weeks. it wasnt great

yeah. im glad when i hit my head a while back it didnt go this way

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

akadajet posted:

bicycles make good toys for children to use in low traffic areas but that’s about it

we already have a shaggar we don't need another

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Stereotype posted:

riding a bike is super dangerous and the reason is entirely because of cars and their lovely, incompetent, and entitled drivers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
in my limited experience korea seems to have pretty good bike infrastructure. lots of separated bike lanes all over

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

we have some really nice multi use trails here that cris cross the entire city

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/crudemag/status/1579658478448435200?s=46&t=b3aOyEXTfOeFwlTHjMY9OA

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

spankmeister posted:

we already have a shaggar we don't need another

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Americans: I could never visit Australia, everything there wants you dead!!

Americans, experiencing some of the only remaining ice age mega fauna remaining in the world first hand:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
We're having our municipal and regional elections here in Ontario on Monday and man some of the people running in my town are reactionary douchebags. We have a bunch of local politicians running on fighting the "woke" army of leftists that have apparently invaded our city. This "woke" brigade is also trying to convert our children into gay soldiers to fight for their cause. Like wtf? They are literally spewing out fox news sounds bites.

The fighting for the school board trustees is crazy. I really have no idea who to vote for. There is a couple of them that seem somewhat sane but most seem like nutjobs.

Anyways that's my update from Shithole, Ontario.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AlbertFlasher posted:

Anyways that's my update from Shithole, Ontario.

I had to visit my partner's family in peterborough over the summer and queen dildo and her Q squad rolled through and tried to citizen's arrest the whole police department [everyone who touched a cop too hard got their rear end beat]. please vote carefully for school board, that's one of those roles conservatives have targeted for control

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Woke is a fun new neologism in that it performs rhetorical triple-duty as all of "politically correct finger-waggers" and "LGBT advocates" and "the blacks", a CYOA political shibboleth for the chuds

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Woke is a fun new neologism in that it performs rhetorical triple-duty as all of "politically correct finger-waggers" and "LGBT advocates" and "the blacks", a CYOA political shibboleth for the chuds

It's a publicly acceptable way to say the n word, no more no less.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Not a Children posted:

it also reinforces the ideal that the very fine people who oppose "wokeness" already know everything they need to live the live they want and will not have to adapt to anyone else or the world changing around them

same folks who use "antifa" as a pejorative. who would be opposed to antifascists??? :thunk:

Apr 7, 2003

I've been thinking pretty hard lately about how in 2008 everyone got out of gas guzzlers and into efficient cars as gas prices soared at the pumps, but now it's incredibly gay to drive anything that isn't the biggest gas guzzler you can barely afford and it's the government's responsibility to make sure you can afford to drive it.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1582765911500414976

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

to be fair, he never promised us to protect us from the scourge of Parking Lot Crankin’

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

also not necessarily gay, and does not involve gender, so presumably perfectly fine with his political platform

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol he namedropped another officer to try to get out of being written up for it.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hes a candidate for school board? jesus christ lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

he was cranking it at the community college parking lot. the preschool was across the street though. still dumb as gently caress

Apr 7, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

Matt Gaetz went to jail for paying underage prostitutes for sex, so surely this guy will go to jail too and also will not win his election.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

some people really don’t deal with stress well i guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

remember when people itt were saying gaetz would for sure go to jail and tori said he wouldn’t? and tori was correct. i remember

Apr 7, 2003

Nothing feels better than being able to say "I told you so."

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

i have bad news about the future of all local elections for the rest of our lifetimes

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Nothing feels better than being able to say "I told you so."

being correct is good, but it'd still be a touch more moral to enjoy gaetz going to prison more

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

qirex posted:

it also reinforces the ideal that the very fine people who oppose "wokeness" already know everything they need to live the live they want and will not have to adapt to anyone else or the world changing around them

same folks who use "antifa" as a pejorative. who would be opposed to antifascists??? :thunk:

99% of everyone who hates the "woke antifa" have not given a moments thought to the meaning of the words

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
has anyone started a "profa" movement yet?

Apr 7, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

being correct is good, but it'd still be a touch more moral to enjoy gaetz going to prison more

No Republican is going to be punished for anything going forward, they are our noble class and the little people can't get the idea that their god-ordained betters can get in trouble.

The only reason Cawthorn is out of office now is because he thought the morality kayfabe was for real and pulled the curtain back for everyone.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

yeah it already exists

Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

They already have a website put together

https://www.usa.gov/

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

yeah but they spell it "fop"

Apr 7, 2003

btw read Barbara Tuchman's "The Proud Tower" if you haven't, it's a look into the world in the years leading up to WWI.

The UK in the 1890s-1900s was going through a profound period of upheaval and the ruling conservative class was absolutely obsessed with keeping the little person away from the levers of power and keeping their imbroglios and scandals out of the public eye while they ignored the standing world order collapsing around their ears. Makes you think.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so, british people, how many terrible prime ministers in a row does a party typically get before there's an election? because I assume 44 days in office is some sort of record

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

so, british people, how many terrible prime ministers in a row does a party typically get before there's an election? because I assume 44 days in office is some sort of record

a nice callout in the context of the us not managing to get rid of even the most overtly criminal politicians

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

he didnt go to prison though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fart simpson posted:

he didnt go to prison though

this is true, and hypotheticals about past events are indeed pretty frivolous