Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Countblanc posted:

i got this muggified and my friend immediately pointed out that it looks like Luffy has a tiny arm and now i want to spike it into the ground

A mystery tiny arm is so nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Countblanc posted:

i got this muggified and my friend immediately pointed out that it looks like Luffy has a tiny arm and now i want to spike it into the ground

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I got the tude now posted:

DONT try to big league me pal. i remember masaru d cheech as well as you. i'm just saying we have fast, quality scans so we should uplift ourselves above the animals.

I like having two different translations and reading the Raws as best I can. Three different translations is even better.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

only when the 7 ways to read one piece a week are assembled can we summon kaido back for Wano Act 4

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

yeah i know but the edited version cat machine posted had a few minor edits to the line work

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
to be clear the mug owns, possibly owns more as a result of the tiny arm, i just wanted to mention it because it's also equally cursed

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Countblanc posted:

yeah i know but the edited version cat machine posted had a few minor edits to the line work

I know, I edited a bigger arm into their version

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

glad i waited for the first round of mugs to be beta tested

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Scholtz posted:

Spoilers
Untranslated raws
Poorly translated raws
Well translated, redrawn scans
Official release

There's FIVE whole ways to consume One Piece a week!

• Spoiler "hints" posted by leaders on Twitter
  • Bullet point list of major plot points by trusted source like redon.
  • more detailed spoilers
  • low quality RAW scans
  • rushjob translations
  • clean fans cans
  • official translation

One piece content 7 days a week :wooper:

On the topic of spoilers I think the current policy is best. Avoid posting about the text spoilers, but once any scanlation comes out, people are free to chat about it in Spoiler tags until the official release.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

oddium posted:

glad i waited for the first round of mugs to be beta tested

one piece even gave us a warning about this in the pacifictas

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it was pretty rare we got half of those not long ago. usually it was just like small spoilers, big spoilers, then full chap

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gear 5 really pushed the spoilers into overdrive. I kinda expected it would drop off eventually, but now i'm not so sure because in a sense I think i'm a bit more hyped for the future now than I was in late Wano.

Feels good to be in the final arc. Love the vibe of lots of plots converging and with a decently brisk pace!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

we got confirmation that big mom is dead, and I’m assuming Kaido is too. Kind of a shame I was hoping they got solidified into some sort of seastone mass in pluton

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/x0JJ4cCbII7TRUX/status/1582998852936019968?s=20&t=_nhGVwsTYbVcPwKjHbfkvg

Gum Gum Real

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Meme Emulator posted:

we got confirmation that big mom is dead, and I’m assuming Kaido is too. Kind of a shame I was hoping they got solidified into some sort of seastone mass in pluton

Rushjob fantranslations are not confirmation.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
More interestingly, is Pudding a reliable source for this? She wasn’t on Wano, after all. Maybe she had Big Mom’s vivre card to verify it? But wasn’t she abducted before Big Mom was defeated? Did Van Auger and Kuzan not bother to search her for objects like that?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its oda so even though we saw her half suspended in lava i am not going to be surprised if shes alive no matter what anyone says

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
TCB version is out https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4704/one-piece-chapter-1064

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

Rushjob fantranslations are not confirmation.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pants don't exist on Vegapunk Island.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I doubt some no-name pirate on Blackbeard's crew really knows if Big Mom's dead or not.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You can't loving have Vegapunk say "Dragon" and then have "BREAK NEXT WEEK", that's cruel!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if/when Law gets captured he'll end up swapping info with Pudding about the Poneglyphs and make headway into the mystery behind them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She is super dead and burning in lava.

Anyway sweet chapter. There's a lot going on and i'm interested in all of it.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Funky Valentine posted:

Pants don't exist on Vegapunk Island.

oda is planning on selling a trillion figurines in this last stretch so he can build more trains inside his house

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MorningMoon posted:

You can't loving have Vegapunk say "Dragon" and then have "BREAK NEXT WEEK", that's cruel!

Oda's break week cliffhangers have gotten super cruel as of late.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Really like the cover story and main story converging like this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Big Mom death being proclaimed by a random no-name just makes it more likely she's actually alive imo.

Maybe she and Kaidou retired and went off to build a cottage in the woods.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Even with the cleaned up pictures, the flow of action in the Blackbeard/Law fight is still rather confusing and hard to follow.

Also, I'm guessing Vegapunk-01's helmet is an homage to Daft Punk?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

skipmyseashells posted:

oda is planning on selling a trillion figurines in this last stretch so he can build more trains inside his house

He has more than 0??

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

readingatwork posted:

He has more than 0??

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1557374698199056387?s=46&t=OpoKXxjWF0cvFPwqUOUTAw

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Great chapter.

I love how Law calls out Blackbeard for giving everyone on his crew a fruit, and he's just like "well, sure, but it's worth it!" Gives us a very compelling way for Law to win, or at least get away.

This really feels like the arc where poo poo is just happening, at a scale and speed that we've never seen before. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a short one like Zou at this rate, it's wild.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Begemot posted:

Great chapter.

I love how Law calls out Blackbeard for giving everyone on his crew a fruit, and he's just like "well, sure, but it's worth it!" Gives us a very compelling way for Law to win, or at least get away.

This really feels like the arc where poo poo is just happening, at a scale and speed that we've never seen before. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a short one like Zou at this rate, it's wild.

It's notably also the opposite of the Roger Pirates. Who universally thought that giving up the ability to swim was for suckers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh wow, Law's crew actually getting to do stuff!

Goddamn, Oda really takes "what does a 10-year-old boy think is cool?" to the limit :hellyeah:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's also neat that the Heart Pirates finally get to shine after being nothing but deadweight in Wano. Also gives you a justifiable reason why - fighting on land is a disadvantage for them. It makes sense too - normally pirates are, you know, sailing on the sea. One Piece has battles take place on islands but you'd expect pirates to be more acquainted with fighting on waters instead, and Law's crew is optimized for that.

This is good, especially since we just had people voicing complaints about them being a one-man crew last week.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just bought a ticket to see Film Red on the 4th in IMAX. My seat number is G8. :getin:

I have to find my Soul King Brook shirt I got from Uniqlo years ago.

Also, chapter rules

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

in fairness a lot of the issue with DFs and water goes away when you have a dude with the Teleport fruit.

on that note did Burgess pull a muscle lifting that mountain, because he disappeared this chapter

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I know the timeline doesn't work for it but I'm imagining Van Augur teleporting in to the cover story in between panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope that Law not only gets away from Blackbeard but manages to rescue Pudding in the process.