Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Is there a February 29th birthday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
There was an SBS where Oda called on the fans to fill up the birthday calendar for every day of the year so that all One Piece readers could have a birthday buddy :3:

Mine is everyone's favorite of Whitebeard's allied captains, A.O :kiddo:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Is there a February 29th birthday?

Pandaman.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Makes sense!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pandawoman too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, what poor bastard has July 21st as a birthday? (You get Kanjuro!)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I got Pedro :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lol that Jesus Burgess is born on Christmas.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I share my birthday with Pudding which has definitely made me more appreciative of her as a character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*taking notes* Oh wow, what a coincidence, I also share a bank PIN with... uh... Mankey D. Loofy or whatever. What about you guys?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Arist posted:

*taking notes* Oh wow, what a coincidence, I also share a bank PIN with... uh... Mankey D. Loofy or whatever. What about you guys?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My mother's maiden name was Bisoromi.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what if kuma is a D

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
My social security number is Baby 5. Like, just a really little 5 in tiny font.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cloks posted:

My mother's maiden name was Bisoromi.

I take it your dad made her Kuma after they got married.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

anime was right posted:

what if kuma is a D

Kuma belongs to the Whitebeard race. Look at that chin.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I share mine with fuckin Absalom. :mad:

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

March 9th has the highest bounty with Shanks, Mihawk and Franky all sharing a birthday

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I share my birthday with Boa Sandersonia, who I love.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
December 3rd.

Sharing a birthday and a dungeon block with Belle-Mere.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I share a birthday with...

The sea king that ate Shanks' arm.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

I Am Fowl posted:

I share a birthday with...

The sea king that ate Shanks' arm.
dang, that guy is yonkou level

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm on chapter 733 of my re-read and i'm really dreading the birdcage now lol. I binged Dressrosa, Zou, Whole Cake and the first half of Wano a few years back when I finally caught up. At the time I dind't mind the cage too much, it was obviously very long, but now that i'm refreshing the entirety of OP at once, like. 100 chapters is pretty long for 1 arc, and a third in Oda is already whipping out the diagrams so what the gently caress is gonna go on for the next seventy chapters.

Also Sabo really just walks back into the story.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I'm on chapter 733 of my re-read and i'm really dreading the birdcage now lol. I binged Dressrosa, Zou, Whole Cake and the first half of Wano a few years back when I finally caught up. At the time I dind't mind the cage too much, it was obviously very long, but now that i'm refreshing the entirety of OP at once, like. 100 chapters is pretty long for 1 arc, and a third in Oda is already whipping out the diagrams so what the gently caress is gonna go on for the next seventy chapters.

Also Sabo really just walks back into the story.

The half way point is explicitly the beheading of the doflamingo clone and then it effectively restarts since now the whole gang has to go get doflamingo...again!

it's very bizarre, even if birdcage wasnt there. Whole Cake & Wano have their share of act breaks (wano's are helpfully labeled) but it never felt like literally a second arc that jsut happens to take place in the same place with the same goal

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Whole Cake also has a way better payoff.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pudding should've joined the crew

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Remember hokuba, Cavendish 's evil sleepwalker mode?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

MorningMoon posted:

he’s smiling too, whatever’s going on with him is tied to Blackbeards whole no sleep schtick

I wonder if oda regrets spending so much time on the new world now that it seems like the manga is gonna get blitzed to the end

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MorningMoon posted:

I only remember because Cavendish was my favourite character in Pirate Warriors 4

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Hakuba. Not Hokuba.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

he’s smiling too, whatever’s going on with him is tied to Blackbeards whole no sleep schtick

I wonder if oda regrets spending so much time on the new world now that it seems like the manga is gonna get blitzed to the end

Blackbeard is Teech’s evil sleepwalker mode and each of them have 1 devil fruit

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

I’m guessing a lot of the poo poo that was in every arc is gonna be relevant in some way if the goal is to finish in about five years, like King being the last member of a race of super fire people just seemed like some neat flavor poo poo at the time but it turns out that was extremely relevant! And I might not be a huge Dressrosa fan but it’s where Luffy’s alliance was foisted onto him. Also, I kinda doubt we’ve seen our last artificial dragon, since the upgraded dopey looking one seems like it’d be terrifying mass produced.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

skipmyseashells posted:

What do you mean?

I feel like even if Oda was rushing to an ending quicker than he wanted (which I don't think is all too likely anyway) why would he be regretting all the New World stuff?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What do you mean?

I feel like even if Oda was rushing to an ending quicker than he wanted (which I don't think is all too likely anyway) why would he be regretting all the New World stuff?

Gotta find some way to complain/doom.

Maybe they meant to post in the BNHA thread instead. :shrug:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Blackbeard is Teech’s evil sleepwalker mode and each of them have 1 devil fruit

When Blackbeard laughs it's ZEE HAHAHA

When Teech laughs it's ZEA HAHAHA

Stupid auto correct

Gyges fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 26, 2022

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah I do because Cavendish (and practically all the straw hat grand fleet) loving rules.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Gyges posted:

When Blackbeard laughs it's ZEE HAHAHA

When Teech laughs it's ZED HAHAHA

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
cavendish's grand speech to the crowd where the point falls on deaf ears and then hes comforted by one of the prisoner gladiators before he reveals how pumped he is at the attention lmao

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I like the vivre card reveal that Cavendish's favorite food is roses and the implication that it's the reason he always has one in his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
when hes introduced he just silently munches the one hes holding across pages until its gone by the time the scene cuts lol

some godlike character gags in dressrosa