Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Applied to AC 42069 (I think)

Discord: Hendo#3296

In-Game: Tallardar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Applied to AC 42069 (I think)

Discord: Hendo#3296

In-Game: Tallardar

Done welcome bro

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Applied.

Discord: CountingWizard#1312

In-Game: Hespirios

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

Does this guild accept an extreme noob with about 200k fame?

Or recommendations for other noob guilds, EU time preferrable, are welcome.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Lifroc posted:

Hey Lifroc! Glad to see my incessant rambling about this game may have paid off. There’s actually a “core” SA guild and several runoffs that accept newer goons, I’ll let FormerFatty speak to that though.

To answer your request about soloing in this game from the MMO thread, not to get too into the weeds but you can experience about every game mode they have to offer (even ZvZ) solo but a good guild does escalate the experience if you’re willing to be active.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Sort of effortpost on what you can do solo in this game on top of the normal crafting, open world dungeons, player-based housing/farming, etc.:

Corrupted Dungeons - PvEvP Dungeons that can be "invaded" by other players. Winner gets loot and ranking from the other player and the dungeon. Can be full-loot or not, your choice. Full loot means better drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLZ9vcfKEU

Hellgates - Same as Corrupted Dungeons but team based. Can be 2v2, 5v5, or 10v10. I'm listing this because 2v2s are attainable for someone with no guild as having one friend isn't impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtDtW6w8fsk

Faction Warfare - The most accessible large-scale PvP for a solo player. Take up the flag of your home city and capture territory in the overworld for rewards. Like a big game of Conquest from Battlefield. Full loot or no depending on what territory you're fighting over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeSoqTqZJ9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWkjZiRwbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQKTJQagtZE

Arenas - Structured instanced flag-capture PvP with ranks, same as with everything in Albion. Can be full loot or no, full loot has better rewards for higher risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_JePHBC_A

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

Thanks my dude, I appreciate it a lot. Tried to do some Corrupted Dungeons in a BZ tier 5 but my 4.1 build is so poo poo I was having a hard time with the boss. But I've been enjoying it quite a bit and I've been actively chasing my first PvP encounter and death, which hasn't arrived yet.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Lifroc posted:

Of course bro -- brand new can apply to Awful Company 42069 in game... any issue you can message me on discord: GluttonySDS#0952

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

What's the discord of the Awful Company?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Applied to Awful Company 42069 in game as playertwoforty.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

FormerFatty posted:

Of course bro -- brand new can apply to Awful Company 42069 in game... any issue you can message me on discord: GluttonySDS#0952

Added you on Discord and applied to Awful Company 42069 ingame and joined the ARCH server and I was refused ingame?

e: Maybe it was my fame level and stuff, but I reached tier 4 etc now.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 23, 2022

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Added you on Discord and applied to Awful Company 42069 ingame and joined the ARCH server and I was refused ingame?

e: Maybe it was my fame level and stuff, but I reached tier 4 etc now.

Can you apply again -- someone else may have rejected it, sorry about that. Whats your name on discord?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Messaged you on Discord. Are goons still based in Martlock?

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

Just applied to AC 42069

Discord: sbef#7201

IGN: sbef

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Lifroc posted:

Just applied to AC 42069

Discord: sbef#7201

IGN: sbef

done... welcome bro <3

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Think I've played this game enough where I'm going to stick with it.
Applied to AC 42069

IGN: Kylamn
Discord: Higgs Boson#1002

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just re-downloaded this, thinking about taking it for a spin again.

What are some new player friendly specs or activities to see how the game is these days? I only really played for like the first month or two when it was released and I think I can wear T5 gear.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Just re-downloaded this, thinking about taking it for a spin again.

What are some new player friendly specs or activities to see how the game is these days? I only really played for like the first month or two when it was released and I think I can wear T5 gear.

I'm not sure what the best things to do are, but what I mostly did was get in a sub 50k silver T4.1 solo open world set (1h spear, great nature staff, light xbow, broadsword..I'm sure there're a bunch of others) and run around the blackzone killing open world mobs. Super good fame, and T5 zones tend to be fairly sparsely populated. I died a a lot though, but 50k silver is essentially nothing even if you're just relying on silver you pick up off the ground from open world mobs. I also did solo dungeons from maps out of the portal zone, but I can't say it's engaging gameplay tbh. Solo roaming in the red zones also felt really safe, but it tends to be more heavily farmed than the black zone so it's hard to find as many evolved mobs and the multipliers are a little lower.

Once I had a good amount of fame I started doing faction warfare ZvZ which has been pretty fun.

evilmaniac
Jul 10, 2010
Applied to AC42069

Discord: Elixia#0870
In-Game: Localred

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
hit the fatman on discord, cant apply in game right now as the guild finder seems broken ?

character - bongsnake
discord - Bigbudb#1348

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I generally re-sub. Do Corrupted dungeons for a bit. Then unsub. Normally I try to just rush the crystals when invaded and run. But I was bored so I actually fought and for once won. So that felt pretty good. (Literally my first kill)

Edit: Now I want to murder people. Finding recent builds for stalker dungeons seems hard or I just don't know how to look. I wish the killboards was easier to utilize for things like this.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 27, 2022

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
murderledger is the site that you want for CD things

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

murderledger is the site that you want for CD things

Thanks! Been messing around with a trinity spear.

Through PVP in CDs I've managed to go from 100k infamy to 60k infamy. I definitely have a bit to learn.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Elmon posted:

Thanks! Been messing around with a trinity spear.

I definitely have a bit to learn.

Come gank and zvz and kill people 15v1 ;)

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
I got no idea what I'm doing in this game but I'm hooked running around like a headless chicken going 'wtf is this'.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

This thread seems dead. Are goons in AO still a thing?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

SkyEnzo posted:

This thread seems dead. Are goons in AO still a thing?

I believe so but people mostly interact via the discords now :(

I think there’s a link in the OP. They mostly use this thread for goons to verify and ask to get into the guilds.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Pandaal posted:

I believe so but people mostly interact via the discords now :(

I think there’s a link in the OP. They mostly use this thread for goons to verify and ask to get into the guilds.

Fair enough. Pity this thread is dead though. I've just started and running around yellow zones while trying to understand what's going on.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Whatcha looking to do? I might be able to help.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Pandaal posted:

Whatcha looking to do? I might be able to help.

Im thinking of joining arch but unsure if its good for me being a noob. Am I suppose to know my poo poo when in arch or are there noob groups I can join and even level up skills with? I enjoy the game a lot but still only played it for 3 weeks and only have a bow set to 100.

Edit: I joined arch and holy poo poo the discord is crazy. A lot to read and do.

SkyEnzo fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 20, 2022

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Arch isn’t as much a guild as a mega-coalition of guilds that run a decent portion of the game. If you’re active you can rise through the ranks there but it basically makes the black-zones PvE as they run a lot of coordinated PvP defense (last I was involved with it anyway). Arch is decent if you wanna learn the ropes of group play and don’t mind paying high taxes (and some of their sense of humor). Eventually though you’ll either want to join a smaller guild with like-minded people or you’ll miss out on a lot of fun content Arch sees as “suboptimal” for fame farming or making money.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Pandaal posted:

Arch isn’t as much a guild as a mega-coalition of guilds that run a decent portion of the game. If you’re active you can rise through the ranks there but it basically makes the black-zones PvE as they run a lot of coordinated PvP defense (last I was involved with it anyway). Arch is decent if you wanna learn the ropes of group play and don’t mind paying high taxes (and some of their sense of humor). Eventually though you’ll either want to join a smaller guild with like-minded people or you’ll miss out on a lot of fun content Arch sees as “suboptimal” for fame farming or making money.

I usually join the goony groups in my games so Ill try to hang around and call it home. Its highly overwhelming atm but still not bad. Just a lot to learn which isn't a bad thing also. Though did have to spend my day reading all the rules and trying to understand what was all meant.

Gluttony has been nice to me giving me a green card pretty much saying to not worry about poo poo. Which is a huge relief due to all the 'Mandatory CTA! Must have a gazillion IP!' pings and seeing heaps of warnings and kicks in discord channels for not going to them. I cant afford the IP requirements since I've only played for 2 weeks and was expecting to be kicked. So its good to hear SA goons get a green light on that.

I am curious though. Do other major coalitions run things that way? Warnings n fines n such? I understand why that would be needed in this game but am interested how other major alliances are managed.

That's my ted talk for my first day in arch. Its hard as a noob in it as everyone wants people with high IP but there is a crazy amount to learn which is cool. One thing I would have liked to see would have been more noob programs like lvling up together, classes, noob outings and stuff but I get it isnt that kind of alliance. Though if people train up your noobs that's a whole new generation of fighters for you. They do have guides though which I will be reading.

SkyEnzo fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 21, 2022

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

SkyEnzo posted:

Gluttony has been nice to me giving me a green card pretty much saying to not worry about poo poo. Which is a huge relief due to all the 'Mandatory CTA! Must have a gazillion IP!' pings and seeing heaps of warnings and kicks in discord channels for not going to them. I cant afford the IP requirements since I've only played for 2 weeks and was expecting to be kicked. So its good to hear SA goons get a green light on that.

I am curious though. Do other major coalitions run things that way? Warnings n fines n such? I understand why that would be needed in this game but am interested how other major alliances are managed.

Yeah Gluttony has been the main Sherpa for goons trying the game out. As for the warnings and fines and whatnot, yeah that’s pretty standard for mega guilds. Can’t have people who just join and reap the benefits without ever contributing because all that territory and organization does take work.

SkyEnzo posted:

One thing I would have liked to see would have been more noob programs like lvling up together, classes, noob outings and stuff but I get it isnt that kind of alliance. Though if people train up your noobs that's a whole new generation of fighters for you. They do have guides though which I will be reading.

Yeah there are few guilds that offer this and even fewer that actually follow through. It would be great to have a high level sweat take a 4 stack out to do some static dungeons or HCEs, let alone roads or corrupted PvP. But it’s hard to get people who are typically obsessive about min-maxing efficiency to take time out for that.

That said, it’s not much to die and learn the hard way. Figuring that stuff out is fun and you can make friends easily just adding people you run low level content with.

Pandaal fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 21, 2022

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Was ARCH founded by goons or did goons just crash the party? I dont hear anyone call ARCH goons. We seem to be the quiet, behind the curtain style of group in ARCH.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
goons are a very small part of arch, and there are plenty of goons not in arch. this is not eve online.

though karmafleet plays albion now lol, i keep running into them in FS

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 27, 2022

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

Ad by Khad posted:

goons are a very small part of arch, and there are plenty of goons not in arch. this is not eve online.

though karmafleet plays albion now lol, i keep running into them in FS

Wasnt asking about eve online. Im more curious about the history of arch and goons since its in the OP.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

SkyEnzo posted:

Wasnt asking about eve online. Im more curious about the history of arch and goons since its in the OP.

The leader of ARCH is Gluttony, who is the OP of the thread. Outside that I don't think there's a huge association anymore. When I first started playing I ran into someone from AC and they'd never heard of something awful, which I assume is the norm. Being in AC42069 in ARCH is kind of weird, there's no real guild community so you're basically just left with alliance content to do, which can be iffy. I eventually left for Brave Vanguard, who're still in ARCH, but offer gear replacement for CTAs and have an active discord with other content going on. I think they originally spun off Brave Newbie from Eve, but doesn't seem like there's much of an association left there either. Running a large alliance in Albion that can be relevant in ZvZ content in the blackzone needs a huge number of bodies, and there's just no way SA is going to supply them nowadays.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

M. Night Skymall posted:

The leader of ARCH is Gluttony, who is the OP of the thread. Outside that I don't think there's a huge association anymore. When I first started playing I ran into someone from AC and they'd never heard of something awful, which I assume is the norm. Being in AC42069 in ARCH is kind of weird, there's no real guild community so you're basically just left with alliance content to do, which can be iffy. I eventually left for Brave Vanguard, who're still in ARCH, but offer gear replacement for CTAs and have an active discord with other content going on. I think they originally spun off Brave Newbie from Eve, but doesn't seem like there's much of an association left there either. Running a large alliance in Albion that can be relevant in ZvZ content in the blackzone needs a huge number of bodies, and there's just no way SA is going to supply them nowadays.

I heard Brave was in AO. Saw Vangaurd in ARCH and wondered if it was them.

Hold up there is gear replacement in CTAs? I'm brand new (bout 3 weeks old in AO) in AC and haven't gone to a CTA because it would cost me millions just to hit 1350. How do people get gear replacement in AC or ARCH?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

SkyEnzo posted:

I heard Brave was in AO. Saw Vangaurd in ARCH and wondered if it was them.

Hold up there is gear replacement in CTAs? I'm brand new (bout 3 weeks old in AO) in AC and haven't gone to a CTA because it would cost me millions just to hit 1350. How do people get gear replacement in AC or ARCH?

Gear replacement is specific to the guild you're in, and AC42069 doesn't offer it or much of anything. BV requires you either be at 10mil PvP fame or 101 spec on all the pieces of a ZvZ build to get into their main guild tag, which offers regear for all mandatory content/regear for quite a bit of optional stuff we do as a guild. Regear doesn't quite cover 100% of the cost of things, but it helps a lot. We have another tag, BVF which doesn't have mandatory content and doesn't offer regear, but is in the same discord and can come to fame farms etc. Honestly BVF is pretty underwhelming, I get the concept but the current execution is pretty meh, and they aren't in the main ARCH tag so you have less purples around. The best way to learn to ZvZ currently is to join a city discord and do bandits/redzone capping. People in the redzone are typically lower IP than blackzone, like T7E, which lowers the set cost down to under 500k, and you can easily regear yourself off of faction points from doing the content. If you buy chests with all your points it also gives great fame in the form of tomes.

I think the bigger difference for large scales fights in this game compared to Eve is that low IP newbs in ZvZ are an actual drag on the rest of the players, because they increase disarray (a stacking debuff based on the number of allies in a zone), and then people get scaling resistances the more people are hitting them, and scaling healing sickness based on the number of people healing them, so you want fewer high IP players doing damage and fewer high IP players healing as a result. There're a few support builds where IP doesn't matter, but still it's a big issue compared to Eve where at least dragging a new player along isn't actively hurting you. I get why it's like that, it does a lot to mitigate the N+1 aspect of big fights in Eve, but it makes the game pretty new player unfriendly. There's also a bunch of queueing stuff that tries to balance the number of people in a zone, but the other things are a bigger factor in people not wanting people with low IP to come at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

SkyEnzo posted:

Edit: I joined arch and holy poo poo the discord is crazy. A lot to read and do.

Definitely a lot to learn about in this game but the discord has pretty much all the info you need