Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

droll posted:

Peturbator thinks it's no big deal that he is buddies with neo nazi bands. Just FYI.

:smith:

Death of the artist. Only more literally, please.

e: well.... maybe? Probably not?

https://twitter.com/The_Perturbator/status/1480577228811522049

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
"I like music made by neo Nazis" isn't good either.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

droll posted:

"I like music made by neo Nazis" isn't good either.

Come on, dude. "I like music made by a guy who likes music made by neo Nazis" isn't exactly indefensible

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
it's fine to enjoy art made by awful people. i still listen to michael jackson songs. it doesn't in any way connote an endorsement of the things the artist did in their personal life. it's also fine to decide that you cannot separate the artist and their art and you no longer can enjoy what they created. these are personal decisions.

what is being discussed here isn't "i can't personally enjoy that artist because he's a neo-nazi," or even "i don't think you should enjoy that artist because he's a neo-nazi," but "i don't think you should enjoy that artist because he may enjoy music made by neo-nazis" and that's completely insane. get a handle on reality please.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
If you think it's ok to give Nazis money and wear their merch to advertise Nazi music then you're a piece of poo poo. If you think someone doing the aforementioned is ok then you're a piece of poo poo. Nobody said listening to a piece of shits music unaware they're a piece of poo poo makes you a piece of poo poo. Hth, reading is hard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

"i don't think you should enjoy that artist because he may enjoy music made by neo-nazis"

How did you get that

droll posted:

Peturbator thinks it's no big deal that he is buddies with neo nazi bands. Just FYI.

from this?

Shit Fuckasaurus has a new favorite as of 08:54 on Oct 28, 2022

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
"i'm not a nazi, i just give money to nazis and wear their advertising on my chest." -perturbator, 2022

I believe him when he says "i'm not a nazi". He probably isn't, in the most literal way, but the out-and-out hardcore Nazis have always been a minority, even in 1930s Germany. The true Nazis are empowered by the majority of complacent, well-meaning liberals who wish to avoid conflict (both in the material world and in their own mind) by refusing to mentally and ethically engage with the evils of nazism. Or worse, they may be the sort of person who thinks, "I'm not a nazi; I don't think all Jews should be gassed; that's monstrous! But, they do have some good points about international bankers and illegal immigration and race-mixing and. . ."

I personally have no place in my life, even among people as inconsequential as the artists of the music I listen to, for those who would collaborate with and be the tools of Nazis. If you have a place in your life for them, I suggest you re-evaluate it, consider it carefully. If you still choose to listen to his music, do so after having fully evaluated what that means - don't just brush away the thought too quickly with some vague gesture towards "death of the artist." And if you find that you can compartmentalize it in your mind and still enjoy his music, good for you, I guess. I can't. But please at least refrain from giving him any money.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I'm combining some Doc Buford and some Lindsay Ellis here: it's dishonest to rewrite the impact that a piece of art had on you before you knew the artist was Bad, but it's just as dishonest to pretend that knowing that an artist is Bad has no effect on the art. People who do that poo poo, in both directions, really just want to go back to a time before they knew, and that's a dangerous road to walk down.

If you still like a thing despite the artist being Bad, great, but don't assume that other folks can do the same. If you liked a thing and then found out the artist was Bad and now don't want anything to do with it anymore, cool, but you're hurting yourself if you try to pretend you actually didn't like it in the first place. The best bet is to be honest about the art's effect on you and then state your feelings about the artist.

I'm using "Bad" here to mean any number of awful things, btw

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Seems like he's got people perturbed

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I personally just stopped enjoying things altogether

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What a great meme

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
everyone shut the gently caress up

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

E: nothing to see here :ninja:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That was meant to read "everyone shut the gently caress up about nazis in music" but I'm not going to edit it now

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Some memes (hopefully enough to cheer up people):

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
well how about that. those DID cheer me up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The tree does look cool tho

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

some plague rats posted:

well how about that. those DID cheer me up

:yayclod:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tarkus was yeeted all the way to Anor Londo by the Iron Golem. He crashed through a window and fell to his death.

Change my mind.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

Tarkus was yeeted all the way to Anor Londo by the Iron Golem. He crashed through a window and fell to his death.

Change my mind.

Not gonna change your mind because it's a possibility for me too.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

Some memes (hopefully enough to cheer up people):

This has made me more interested in Doom Eternal than any marketing I've seen for the game.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't bother

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Don't bother

A wrong opinion, game owns. Ignore the story and enjoy ripping and tearing, it’s fun.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It wasn't that fun

I liked 2016 better :()

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Saving this post for Thanksgiving so that I may become a god unto my nieces

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

LifeSunDeath posted:

thanks for the post, now I too have a forklift document:

This is labeled both safe work and nsw.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

never mind

kalel has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Oct 28, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Idiot turning down free coke: "oh man I can totally get a bunch of likes on tiktok for this"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Hyperlynx posted:

:smith:

Death of the artist. Only more literally, please.

e: well.... maybe? Probably not?

https://twitter.com/The_Perturbator/status/1480577228811522049

just answering questions

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

DontMockMySmock posted:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH *PFFRRTTTTTBTBTBT* *SQUELCH* BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

very fitting red text for this post. thank you, unknown avatar buyer

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/XgpiNV7.gifv

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/YakuzaFriday/status/1585994884325916672?t=jnLr0IACB4Saupe6LTR0IQ&s=19

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zzulu posted:

It wasn't that fun

I liked 2016 better :()

Doom Eternal’s main problem is it isn’t just more Doom 2016. How much of a problem that is depends on personal taste tho. (I’m on your side btw 2016 was a lot more fun)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

2016 had a plot. Eternal was a load of quake three deathmatch maps bolted together by teleporters.

Both were fun but I preferred 2016 honestly.

Drone_Fragger has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Oct 28, 2022

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

"We have a bunch of comics to sell you that will answer those questions! Or if you'd rather just flex with mascot merch that's cool, you know enough about the property to get the vibe and not look like a poser."

Hang on wait wait wait hang on wait I got this wait wait ok no I lost it

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Crosspost from Trek crew:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Ok, wait, the last level of Doom Eternal is Austin?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Hey it's friday, these are my favorite memes from tiktok I saved over the week.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 06:28 on Oct 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
well that was awful