Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

abelwingnut posted:

anyone played signalis? reviews seems to love it.

It combines elements from classic RE games and Silent Hill series so if you like either of those it's pretty good.

Mechanically it's not as good as RE1 and RE2 but I think the comparison is a bit unfair since those are like the master class in survival horror.

The story is (deliberately) confusing and hard to follow so SH fans will probably have good time unpacking this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Cartoon Man posted:

Daughter saw the breath of the wild link costume, master sword, and Hylean shield at Spirit Halloween and refused to look at any other options. Brought a tear to my eye.

My five year old also went as BotW Link. His big sister made him a guardian sword and guardian shield out of cardboard and blue paper and attached a little LED light to it to make it glow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WaltherFeng posted:

It combines elements from classic RE games and Silent Hill series so if you like either of those it's pretty good.

Mechanically it's not as good as RE1 and RE2 but I think the comparison is a bit unfair since those are like the master class in survival horror.

The story is (deliberately) confusing and hard to follow so SH fans will probably have good time unpacking this one.

I've been loving it myself and finished it earlier today. Highly recommended, though I fully agree the inventory needed one or two more item slots with how many key items you wind up juggling.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone get the new 8bitdo? They delayed mine for a couple weeks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like when Bayonetta yells "Avacado!"

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
she shouts "bonjour" to madame butterfly everytime she shows up and no one can tell me differently

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1587611240435798016?s=46&t=3oBPbhns6Ig7TZwdleDgsA

Mario Party 1 & 2 are now available. Probably another class action lawsuit on the way too.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Daughter saw the breath of the wild link costume, master sword, and Hylean shield at Spirit Halloween and refused to look at any other options. Brought a tear to my eye.

Saw a little girl (3-4) dressed as BOTW Link at my son’s daycare Halloween Parade!

My 7 year old nephew went as BOTW Link too (I gave it to him for Christmas :D)!

There were a few Marios and Luigi’s at a trunk or treat too. One mom was even dressed as Wario!

Gamers are everywhere this Halloween!!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Gamers are everywhere this Halloween!!

https://twitter.com/mittromney/status/1587155605025964039?s=46&t=3oBPbhns6Ig7TZwdleDgsA

They sure are! Extremely cursed.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Oh gently caress me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palmtree Panic posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1587611240435798016?s=46&t=3oBPbhns6Ig7TZwdleDgsA

Mario Party 1 & 2 are now available. Probably another class action lawsuit on the way too.

Nobody will notice a little extea stick drift in their joycons, it'll be fine.

Now the palm stigma, that's a badge of honor.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I choose to believe that one of the grandkids wanted to be Mario, and he wouldn’t let them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I choose to believe that one of the grandkids wanted to be Mario, and he wouldn’t let them.

Obviously, Mother and I will be the two main characters. You children can choose from the ancillary cast.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Who would choose to be the inferior brother?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I demand my glove!!!!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cojawfee posted:

Obviously, Mother and I will be the two main characters. You children can choose from the ancillary cast.

Mitt isn't allowed to do ancillary. It's sinful to do thay.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s be cool if the Gameboy app launched alongside Pokémon stadium. Those games aren’t very exciting without being able to transfer your mons

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I love playing the prehistoric N64 games usually but it seems sadistic to play the N64 versions of mario party on nintendo switch

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

idk why everyone wants gameboy games. Name one good one that isn’t pokemon

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

An Actual Princess posted:

6 Golden Coins

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

snoopy's magic show, qed

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Metroid 2

Revenge of the 'gator

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mole Mania

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

So many Gameboy games hold up better than Pokemon.

Donkey Kong 94
Zelda Oracle of Seasons & Ages
Wario Land 1-3
Kirby’s Dream Land 1 & 2
Mario Land 2

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn't play Wario Land 2 or 3 for some reason I dont recall but Wario Land 1 and Wario Ware were absolute king poo poo games

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Even Pokemon fans will generally admit the original Pokemon games don't hold up great.

Don't forget the original Kirby games too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kirby Block Ball would be perfect on the switch

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i forgot about link's awakening and the oracles. they should remake the oracles in the switch LA engine

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mario land 3: wario land

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hate Mario now.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even Pokemon fans will generally admit the original Pokemon games don't hold up great.

Pokemon Yellow will forever be the best Pokemon game because it had the mew cheat that let you get edition exclusives and trade evolutions without needing to have someone else to trade with.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't forget the original Kirby games too.

they do hold up

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i specified apart from pokemon for a reason. pokemon blue ftw

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Tetris, you miserable goon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gen 1 pokemon is very jank but still fun

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They're wrong and just can't appreciate old games.

The glitches and jank are part of the charm and I stand by that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also the wario land games owned

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There are more good Gameboy games than N64 games tbh. Its a real treasure trove once you dig in

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Gameboy games own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Gameboy owns. N64 owns.

Nintendo owns