Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

VideoGames posted:

Wind Waker I am playing on my WiiU. ;)

Wise decision. One of the best 3D zeldas...maybe the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I am trying to finish up my God of War 2018 playthrough (After a 4 year break) ahead of Ragnorok. Is there anything essential behind the side quests? I kind of already written off Nifilheim as a Pain In The rear end and I am feeling like I could possibly skip the Valkyrie battles as well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Unlucky7 posted:

So I am trying to finish up my God of War 2018 playthrough (After a 4 year break) ahead of Ragnorok. Is there anything essential behind the side quests? I kind of already written off Nifilheim as a Pain In The rear end and I am feeling like I could possibly skip the Valkyrie battles as well.

They're unnecessary. Head to Muscleheim for some good fighting if you want more combat. Niflheim doesn't have any interesting content. Valkyries are fun fights with a story but you don't require it.

Edit: you will have to run Nifelheim a little bit at least for the Valkyries

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can ignore all the optional poo poo and finish the game just fine

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

TLOU2, in my opinion, is as good as its online discourse tends to be bad. It’s on a very short list of games whose stories I consider as good as my favorite films or television series. It’s the only action game where I don’t skip the story during replays.

veni veni veni posted:

Y'all should check out Signalis if you enjoy PSX era survival horror. Played about 3 hours and give it a big thumbs up so far.

Would love to have an update when you finish it. I dig the visual style and it’s been on my radar, but I’ve got a bit too much going on lately to dive in, so it’s probably gonna be after GoW:R and Callisto.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Anyone else going to try for the Pickle Rick backbling during the fortnite horde rush weekly event?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 2, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:hmmyes:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm pickle riiiiiiick

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Morty! I turned myself into TLOUII, Morty!!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

Anyone else going to try for the Pickle Rick backbling during the fortnite horde rush weekly event?

NO!!!!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

NO!!!!!!

Yeah idk if I will either. I haven't tried horde rush. I usually play no-build which is very good.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Five hundred and forty-nine US dollars!
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1587792260594339843

Honestly not as bad as I was expecting.

Edit: Another $50 for a bundle including the Horizon Call of the Wild game. No indication of anything being included in the regular bundle, would have been nice to get say an Astrobot mini game or something with it.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 2, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I love when people talk like that about TLOU2’s story like they usually just read Dovstoyesky and stuff but decided to lower themselves to the insipidness of a video game story

It’s actually extremely good at telling the story it wants to tell, and has plenty of excellent writing and follows the theme well, but people pretend it’s dumb as a bag of rocks rather than a good depiction with a solid amount of nuance.

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Red Warrior posted:

Edit: Another $50 for a bundle including the Horizon Call of the Wild game. No indication of anything being included in the regular bundle, would have been nice to get say an Astrobot mini game or something with it.

€600 oof

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Crows Turn Off posted:

I like how people in this thread or the twitter did not fact check this at all. :lol:

In actuality:
- the decline started before the tier changes because subscribers increased dramatically at the start of the pandemic and decreased as the pandemic ended
- there are still millions more subscribers now than before the pandemic
Those facts don't actually contradict the tweet

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You fools thought Sony was making GBS threads the bed since the PS+ rollout in June, when in fact they were in decline for much longer! You cretins. You idiots!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

For those who want to buy, registration to pre-order at PS Direct is now available:

Register for an exclusive invite to pre-order PS VR2
If selected, we will contact you via email with details.

PS5 Console required. Terms and Conditions apply.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-vr2/register-to-pre-order/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

No PSVR1 backwards compatibility and the lineup of games Sony is pitching right now on the PS Blog really isn't inspiring a whole lot of confidence in me. If I could just have Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite back I'd be more interested but that's like $650 CAD for the Horizon bundle and there aren't a lot of VR2 games lined up I'm excited for.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Policenaut posted:

No PSVR1 backwards compatibility and the lineup of games Sony is pitching right now on the PS Blog really isn't inspiring a whole lot of confidence in me. If I could just have Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite back I'd be more interested but that's like $650 CAD for the Horizon bundle and there aren't a lot of VR2 games lined up I'm excited for.
I would assume there will be some next-gen re-releases. There's no backwards compatibility because the VR tech is different and the games would need to be rebuilt for it - it's not just an upgraded version of the same thing. I'll make my decision in February but I'm thinking that this might be when I finally hop on board the VR train, even if it's just a bit of a novelty.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VR blows your tits off for about an hour and then it’s whatever, really.

I say this as someone who owns multiple VR setups.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Does PSVR2 work on PC out of the box? I think it would need that before I would consider it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

That loving Sned posted:

Does PSVR2 work on PC out of the box? I think it would need that before I would consider it.

its not PCVR2

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That loving Sned posted:

For the PSVR you had to spend time tinkering with it to get worse results than just plugging in a Quest 2 to your PC. Expecting that to be more or less the same deal here.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

It'll probably be like, 2 weeks max before someone has homebrewed software to make it work.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Pretty much this, I had a crazy good time with the first few levels of Astro Boy but that was all I really enjoyed about it, people loved Tetris Effect and Resident Evil 7 in VR but I honestly would rather just look at a TV screen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

That loving Sned posted:

Won't be the case at launch but will probably be the case not too long after launch

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I say this as someone who owns multiple VR setups.

Right and some of that may have been mitigated if they worked particularly with devs who had PSVR1 games that had been ported to PC so the control issues were solved, and said 'hey work with us here to build a library and build PSVR2 versions of these so people have more to play and stay engaged with it' but instead everyone is going to be starting from scratch with a collection of VR games AGAIN here. Play Horizon and buy one more game and then it goes on the shelf. Sony, sigh.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

VideoGames posted:

LVG and I played Heavenly bodies right before Elden Ring and it was exceptionally funny. I feared for her little spaceman drifting away while she was pretty much stoic and solid flying everywhere with ease. I would just flail in one spot. It is a great coop game and added to the list of fun times playing games with someone else like It Takes Two was. :3:

Me playing this game with my gf was great, we were both terrible and I'd be spending like ten minutes trying to figure out how to get through a door, she'd zoom through but overshoot and go out the other side into space while just quietly bemoaning 'no no no no no noooooooooooooo......'

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Red Warrior posted:

fridge corn posted:

Five nine nine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Here is the Pickle Rick backpack

I'll try to get it and wear it on my Indian Jones or Sigourney weaver.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Volte posted:

Those facts don't actually contradict the tweet
Yeah, they do. The tweet implies the PS tier roll-out is the catalyst of the decline, which is not true.

exquisite tea posted:

You fools thought Sony was making GBS threads the bed since the PS+ rollout in June, when in fact they were in decline for much longer! You cretins. You idiots!
PS+ is not meeting targets in the same way that GamePass is failing to meet targets every year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just announce Alyx already and end this farce

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mr Hootington posted:

pickle rick is 5 years old

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jesus Christ PSVR2 is $750/$820 CAD. I think I had to pay around $800 for the launch edition PSVR1 up here.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Mr Hootington posted:

Please do, I'd really like to see Sigourney Weaver wearing Pickle Rick :angel:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1587824681121419264

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That price and launch game lineup is gonna kill this thing faster than the Vita. Sucks because I had high hopes for it but I’d rather just buy a second PS5 with that money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

It costs $400 to buy a Quest 2 which has inferior tech and is considered the budget VR headset. $550 is pretty reasonable for a VR headset with all the purported features that Sony's been pushing. Now the lack of interesting launch games is a problem.