Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie 2
Nov 1, 2022

When you elect nuts, you get squirrels!
good ch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Awesome chapter, but how does one body pooping make the other bodies relieved? can they remotely share poop? Wireless poop transfer? This is important.

HTTP the P stands for Poop

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Desumaytah posted:

Chapter spec:

Vegapunk's multiple-self stuff and Blackbeard's weird body are connected.

Usopp's lies coming true is going to be one hell of a thing if Oda follows through on this one. Whoo boy.

Obviously Usopp had been Vegapunk 0 this whole time

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Chapter: Pilot the Eva, Usopp, or Kaya will have to do it again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chapter Void Century

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
new ch
okay so vegapunk or egghead or both were definitely sent forward with toki's fruit then eh

also the uniforms robin/bonney/nami ended up with are like identical to franky's clothing. that doesn't seem coincidental.

and the dead robot in the chap reminds me, weirdly, of the pirate docking lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chapter In a year that gave us Gear 5 and "the gum gum fruit is actually a different fruit" this still has the potential to be the biggest bombshell this year lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Manga stuff:
vegapunk is definitely gonna capture Sabo and try to turn him into a living battery

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

tbp posted:

new ch

and the dead robot in the chap reminds me, weirdly, of the pirate docking lol

I got an Oars vibe out of the body size and shape and the horns, and that might not be an accident

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

My pet theory after seeing the giant ancient robot design is that at some point all the current Giants WERE robots, and whatever happened in the void century with JoyBoy/Nika caused them to become free and proper living beings. It could tie into the giant straw hat we saw in Marijoa.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
New chapter has lead me to entirely speculate on a character not in said chapter.

So Vegapunk just showed bodies can share sensations and theoretically energy/nutrients between bodies. So its time to get on the Blackbeard body crazy train again. Reason for Blackbeard's multiple fruit use and speculated inability to sleep. He has another body(bodies?) elsewhere locked away, which lets him pass/share the lineage factor of multiple fruits. Also one of the other bodies is constantly sleeping so he doesn't or cant. Further not evidence contributing to this, back in the Drum arc Luffy and Sanji had a conversation about some people who can't sleep on a winter island. Know who else comes from a winter island? Vegapunk.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
manga spoiler

why are you hiding the letter "P", Oda?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
1065: I'm wondering how compatible Fishman Karate and the Swim-Swim Fruit are. Can the stuff it lets you swim through get turned into usable liquid? If there were any liquids in those solid substances, would those still stay held inside?

Also, I'm really happy to see Oda utilizing the Six Paths of Pain idea so imaginatively. Also got mixed feelings on how Caribou was invited onto the Sunny offscreen, since that would've been funny to see.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Manga stuff:
vegapunk is definitely gonna capture Sabo and try to turn him into a living battery

]i feel like if it was just logia devil fruit tech he needed it wouldnt be hard with the several logia powers he may have access to through the navy. Plus, presumably, logia users are at least somewhat limited by their stamina.

Also id think Enels fruit would be even more directly useful for energy purposes, not that vegapunk even knows it exists

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Cloks posted:

manga spoiler

It's an F and One Piece exists in a universe where the Parliament mothership crash landed.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Ch really expected "desire" to go a different way

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

bitmap posted:

Ch really expected "desire" to go a different way
"I wanna jerk off but I don't have time! Desire, help me out!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cloks posted:

manga spoiler

...what if it is Funk Records, and that tileset is meant to be like a dancefloor? And this Funk Records was basically what King Records japan is?

That maybe not only wsa the void century super advanced, but also Vegapunk is working off of entertainment products only? robots, lasers, clothes, vending machines, just one big high-end mall... or like, Shibuya Scramble = Scrambled Eggs = Egghead? like obviously not the actual scramble and OP used to be the real world, but meant to evoke the scramble.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 4, 2022

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

"I wanna jerk off but I don't have time! Desire, help me out!!

He really is a genius

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Manga: Now that we've seen all six of Vegapunk's extra bodies, I'm amused that all of them are cute except for Shaka. Maybe his head is actually a helmet and he has beady eyes like Edison and Pythagoras.

yum posted:

finally...a giant mech for the giant hat
:hmmyes:

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Manga: Cyborg-Clone-Lunarian-Fishman-Fruit User Jimbei feels like the most overpowered character yet

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Baron La Croix posted:

Manga: Cyborg-Clone-Lunarian-Fishman-Fruit User Jimbei feels like the most overpowered character yet

Gear 6

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Baron La Croix posted:

Just wait until we meet the Seraphim that can use Sugar's fruit. poo poo this maybe the real reason Kuzan grabbed Pudding so she doesn't end up in the WG's hands.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the void century....

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Chapter

We probably haven't seen Vegapunk 0 because he literally split his body, and needs all of the other Vegapunks to come together first. Perhaps if CP0 manage to start killing off his bodies then he'll gradually reform into his original self.

Even with Franky's tech, I didn't expect One Piece to go full sci-fi on us! I guess I always assumed that the various bits and pieces of real or future tech like video screens and Franky's body were just for flavour and/or convenience, like in Naruto. I should have trusted in Oda more.

0 probably has a Dr House situation where he is a trillion years old and on a suspended stasis chamber or is a literal brain in a jar. Also holy hell Seraphim are now for post timeskip the same kind of near unbeatable threat the Pacifista were at Sabaody

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just wait until we meet the Seraphim that can use Sugar's fruit. poo poo this maybe the real reason Kuzan grabbed Pudding so she doesn't end up in the WG's hands.
Law just has to tell his pals that they can undo it by focusing real hard

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Called my shot from the last thread:

Tampa Bae posted:

This isn't a spoiler regarding to the recent chapter but I'm starting to draw more comparisons to the bible story of Noah's Arc and thinking that the void century was nobles trying to cover up how they accidentally flooded the entire planet and both Luffy and Black Beard just have the same goal of un-flooding the planet (Whether they know it or not) while Enel is up on the moon realizing that the planet was a utopia before the world nobles accidentally screwed everything up

Looks like I was partially right

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 4, 2022

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chap

So is Señor Pink dead?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Wondering why we haven't seen a clone of Kaido yet. They already cloned his fruit. The Navy captured him multiple times! He visits them for lunch. They could've nabbed a strand of hair or something

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, one little detail I noticed in Film Red, as it vaguely relates to the current manga arc: The video streaming snails Uta found washed up on the beach were labeled "SSG." More lost/discarded Vegapunk tech!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chap

So is Señor Pink dead?

it's probably just a copy of the fruit's power.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 4, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Someone earlier mentioned Naruto and the 6 Paths of Pain. This cloning business is also reminding me of the Uchiha clones.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Star Platinum posted:

I got an Oars vibe out of the body size and shape and the horns, and that might not be an accident

oh youre right!!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Cloks posted:

manga spoiler

top image here looks like the straw hat lol

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
does Vegapunk know who Im is? figuring out the tech of the past is going to lead to you finding out about the history of it. some of these machines should have recordings

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chap Of course....where else would a Big Hat go except on top of an....Egghead?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Chap
Alright so they’re coming after vegapunk and he was talking to dragon. He clearly isn’t a complete government lackey, so is there going to be a program they can run to have the seraphim attack the government? Maybe we even see a pirate team up to take down the WG, that could be very interesting. The moment it ends they all fight each other?

I’m also very onboard with a daftvegapunk dancefloor

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cloks posted:

manga spoiler

What if it's not "PUNK RECORDS" but rather "SPELUNK RECORDS", as in, these are the records of ancient-futuristic technology uncovered so far and Vegapunk is not so much a scientist as much as he is a secret archeologist which also coincidentally dovetails with the Revolutionaries' aims of attacks on the World Government for their past crimes against humanity?

This would explain a lot as to why the Revolutionaries were so keen on training Robin during the time skip since she and Vegapunk would have a lot more in common than we thought.

People have been saying this arc will be a bonding moment between Vegapunk and Franky, but now I'm thinking it will be just as significant for Robin as well.

E:

Also, I remember Oda once saying in SBS that Blackbeard would have been a historian if he had gone legit, so I'm sure Blackbeard is tied up in this historical/archeological business too somehow.

Oh yeah. It's all coming together now.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 4, 2022

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

The WG eliminating Vegapunk makes a lot more sense if he's got the knowledge to recognize one of the ancient weapons.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 4, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cloks posted:

manga spoiler

It's gonna say Hunk Records, Vegapunk has a database of all the hunks in One Piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey what the gently caress did a One Piece movie actually make me cry