Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I thought Kira was like Leland Palmer waking up one day with white hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's an alternate timeline where the arrow chose Hayato instead of Kira and solved the problem of him being dead by unlocking D4C

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Yinlock posted:

wait i never thought about that, since kira is ignorant of the time loops' contents from his perspective his triumphant unstoppable run lasted like an hour or two before he immediately ate poo poo

"I, Yoshikage Kira, am now invincible." - Kira, shortly before

- Spilling his tea onto himself
- Nearly being murdered by Stray Cat again
- Shouting his name at the top of his lungs, only to immediately be punched in the face by Crazy Diamond
- Getting chewed out by his boss for being late for work
- Killing his own father
- Getting his pet cat stolen
- Getting his hand crushed by Koichi AGAIN
- Getting beaten within an inch of his life by Jotaro AGAIN
- Getting run over by an ambulance
- Getting his arm bitten off by a dog he killed once
- Being dragged to the Shadow Realm as part of a 10+ year long revenge scheme by the first girl he ever killed
- Being haunted for the rest of his afterlife by weird dinosaur things

What a morning.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

7 AM - Kira wakes up after exactly 8 hours of sleep
8 AM - Kira has breakfast, combs his new hair, and assures Hayato that everything will be alright from now on
9 AM - Kira calls his boss to say he'll be late for work because he has to discipline his son
9:25 AM - Kira tells the EMT lady about his boners
9:30 AM - Kira gets acquainted with ambulance tires

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"I, Yoshikage Kira, am now invincible." - Kira, shortly before

- Spilling his tea onto himself
- Nearly being murdered by Stray Cat again
- Shouting his name at the top of his lungs, only to immediately be punched in the face by Crazy Diamond
- Getting chewed out by his boss for being late for work
- Killing his own father
- Getting his pet cat stolen
- Getting his hand crushed by Koichi AGAIN
- Getting beaten within an inch of his life by Jotaro AGAIN
- Getting run over by an ambulance
- Getting his arm bitten off by a dog he killed once
- Being dragged to the Shadow Realm as part of a 10+ year long revenge scheme by the first girl he ever killed
- Being haunted for the rest of his afterlife by weird dinosaur things

What a morning.

Funky Valentine posted:

7 AM - Kira wakes up after exactly 8 hours of sleep
8 AM - Kira has breakfast, combs his new hair, and assures Hayato that everything will be alright from now on
9 AM - Kira calls his boss to say he'll be late for work because he has to discipline his son
9:25 AM - Kira tells the EMT lady about his boners
9:30 AM - Kira gets acquainted with ambulance tires

It's amazing. He was 100% convinced of his absolute victory, and then an hour later he's losing a psychic fistfight with a teenager on a stranger's front lawn as the whole block shows up to watch

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 28, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yinlock posted:

It's amazing. He was 100% convinced of his absolute victory, and then an hour later he's losing a psychic fistfight with a teenager on a stranger's front lawn as the whole block shows up to watch

The only way it could've been more perfect is if Kira was wearing a wifebeater.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yeah the end of part 4 is just a tiny bit awesome

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if they tried to explain anything to the ambulance driver to make him feel better

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

bobjr posted:

I wonder if they tried to explain anything to the ambulance driver to make him feel better

Well the EMT lady at least heard him babbling about being a prolific serial killer and Boner haver, so she might have softened the blow for him a bit. With the way his body seemingly lurched under the tires of its own volition, people probably just assumed it was a "you'll never take me alive" style confession/suicide.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Kira getting dragged to hell by a ton of disembodied hands is not just the best and most poetic end by any jojo villain, it's among the best ends for any villain in any media imo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bobjr posted:

what about the poor person who's house they had a bomb fight in?

"uhh yeah gas explosion, thankfully nobody was hurt, don't worry it won't happen again"

"there appears to be a tiny grappling hook attached to my banister"

"well y'know these things happen"

e: "tiny jim is a valued member of the speedwagon rescue team, no you may not meet him"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 28, 2022

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Asterite34 posted:

I wonder if the Arrow kills people in a way that DIO would be able to survive with Vampire Bullshit, and thus could have just kept jabbing himself with it over and over until he had all the powers, and he just never thought to try that. Or does it kill you via unblockable magic death curse or whatever? How do Meteorite Bacteria work here?

I think, given everything that happened with Koichi (i.e. had to be healed by Josuke to not die and developed an extremely worthless stand) the arrow is explicitly survivable. Dio probably would've been fine.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I think, given everything that happened with Koichi (i.e. had to be healed by Josuke to not die and developed an extremely worthless stand) the arrow is explicitly survivable. Dio probably would've been fine.

That doesn't really mean DIO would've been fine, just that Crazy Diamond can fix whatever it is the arrow does to you if you lose the initial coin flip

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

That's fair, I just figure that the arrow's only certain death if you only have like, normal medical technology available to you and not stand powers or crazy vampire regeneration

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I will always appreciate that Dio stabbed himself with a mysterious ancient artifact that kills you and/or gives you awesome superpowers... twice. A century apart, on different continents, with totally unrelated magic artifacts.

Did DIO get out of that dredged up coffin and just start raiding museums and antique shops and stabbing himself with whatever he found on the logic of "Well it worked once, and it's not like it can kill me to keep trying"?

Is that how he found Anubis?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

I will always appreciate that Dio stabbed himself with a mysterious ancient artifact that kills you and/or gives you awesome superpowers... twice. A century apart, on different continents, with totally unrelated magic artifacts.

Did DIO get out of that dredged up coffin and just start raiding museums and antique shops and stabbing himself with whatever he found on the logic of "Well it worked once, and it's not like it can kill me to keep trying"?

If that's the case there was probably a really funny adventure where anubis posessed Jonathan's body and DIO's head had to find a way to get it out

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Wasn't it Enya who brought him the Stand arrow? He wasn't randomly stabbing himself with pointy objects.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Asterite34 posted:

Tarezax posted:

Wasn't it Enya who brought him the Stand arrow? He wasn't randomly stabbing himself with pointy objects.

Enya comes across Dio sitting amongst a pile of various ancient weapons covered in his blood, tells him he's doing it wrong and throws an arrowhead at him.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The arrow stabbing you once: fool. arrogant wretch. Will you awaken to new heights or will you die like a dog?

The arrow falling over itself to stab you again of seemingly its own will: Hmm? Oh sweetie, what is it, what do you need my prceious sweet lil baby? wait, no. shhh. Your soul will tell me

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Yinlock posted:

what about the poor person who's house they had a bomb fight in?

"No, your house is fine, what are you even talking about. Look at that distraction over there"

(Crazy Diamond fixing things noises)

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I assumed that was just the panty guy who blew up, so hey, new house on the market

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yinlock posted:

If that's the case there was probably a really funny adventure where anubis posessed Jonathan's body and DIO's head had to find a way to get it out

The hand that grabbed the sword instantly gets eye lasered off

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Asterite34 posted:

Well the EMT lady at least heard him babbling about being a prolific serial killer and Boner haver, so she might have softened the blow for him a bit. With the way his body seemingly lurched under the tires of its own volition, people probably just assumed it was a "you'll never take me alive" style confession/suicide.

I don’t think he admitted to being a murderer, and no one knew about Yoshikage Kira being a murderer.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t think he admitted to being a murderer, and no one knew about Yoshikage Kira being a murderer.

He totally tells that EMT "My name is Yoshikage Kira, I've killed 48 women with beautiful hands, and you alone will know my true identity"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also he has to tell her to activate BTD in the first place

e: he doesn't have to tell her about his giant boner for hands but he also just got punched so hard by Josuke that his stand nearly shattered so he's maybe not on the ball

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 29, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Asterite34 posted:

He totally tells that EMT "My name is Yoshikage Kira, I've killed 48 women with beautiful hands, and you alone will know my true identity"

You are right, but I don’t think she was actually taking him seriously then.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That lady was only going to trigger Bites the Dyst if she ever mentioned "Mona Lisa" and "boner" in the same sentence.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

That lady was only going to trigger Bites the Dyst if she ever mentioned "Mona Lisa" and "boner" in the same sentence.

「MONA LISA OVERDRIVE」

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pootybutt posted:

I assumed that was just the panty guy who blew up, so hey, new house on the market

I think it was a lady's house, because some creeper came out and yelled at Kira before being a weirdo about her underwear.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I think it was a lady's house, because some creeper came out and yelled at Kira before being a weirdo about her underwear.

also his eyes talked, i think? that whole interaction was strange

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/cy__pher/status/1587923730688196608

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tough call, obviously the first shot would lead to mista getting shot by his own bullets forever, but that's also mista's default state so it might not have any effect

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I wonder what Hitler's stand was?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Bisse posted:

Armageddon Dildos

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Giorno activates GER, Mista's gun remains the same and would still work but the Pistols are now thenselves each a different kind of gun that can't be loaded and will never fire.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Bisse posted:

Hitler would be from part 2 so obviously he uses Hamon instead of a stand

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
How many fights in the series were inspired by Araki having just watched The Thing? Yellow Temperance is the only one I'm 100% sure of, but a bunch of others have that kind of vibe. Most of part 2, Notorious BIG, some of the stuff that happens with Hot Pants... any others I'm missing?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

chrome line posted:

How many fights in the series were inspired by Araki having just watched The Thing? Yellow Temperance is the only one I'm 100% sure of, but a bunch of others have that kind of vibe. Most of part 2, Notorious BIG, some of the stuff that happens with Hot Pants... any others I'm missing?

Ratt kinda has that vibe a bit, and so does Chariot Requiem in a way.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

chrome line posted:

Most Jojo fights are inpsired by whatever Araki read/watched that month, see Iggy vs Pet Shop suddenly cutting away to give us some fascinating bird facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chrome line posted:

Yellow Temperance is more The Blob imo tho it has a few elements of The Thing. I think High Priestess and Judgement from the same part fit The Thing a bit better, possibly Empress as well.

The most explicit "ok this is just The Thing" fight is definitely Foo Fighters though.