Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah. I actually saw some footage of this one which I haven’t done for a COD game in a long time and I was astonished at how gorgeous it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The MW II campaign doesn’t have the rad OBL raid and other iconic missions from MWI, but it does have some very rad missions. I think a lot of people hated the crafting, scavenging stealth mission in the rainy dark streets of Mexico but I loving loved it. Hell, I’d play that game with that engine. It was a rush booby trapping and John Wick’ing everything. Amsterdam is downright jaw dropping and probably the best the series has ever looked.

Someone a few pages back posted about Infinite Warfare. Hands down my favorite COD. What a loving wild sci fi ride that was, and the missions where you take off in a fighter, sneak aboard a capital ship and ghost some officer, then sneak out back into your fighter were awesome. It was finally the opportunity Kit Harington needed to show his acting abilities. Shame he never had a starring role in anything else.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 5, 2022

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

When you write it out like that it sounds like the most banal dumb thing ever but then I remember moments like this one:

I think the “right wing” conversation started when someone brought up that Joel would obviously have been a Tucker Carlson watcher.

Oh that’s beautiful.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Almost done with God of War 2018, just in time for the new one. Valkyrie fights continue to be disappointing, they just didn't design a combat system that can keep up with the things they want to do. The one I fought last night was especially irritating -- one of its common moves was to attack me and then swoop offscreen so I was constantly wrestling with the camera to avoid getting blindsided, and then after it got low on health it would just pull off red-flash moves with basically no warning. The worst was the grab, which can hit from anywhere in the room, takes off half your HP, and has like a half-second between the red flash and getting grabbed, so if you're not already in neutral position ready to roll, you just get hosed -- which essentially means you can't do anything but react to her without risking a huge hit. And there's the typical issue where sometimes your attacks will interrupt them, sometimes they won't, so you can't really tell whether it's safe to attack. And I constantly, constantly feel like I'm dodging attacks only to get hit with them anyway. Like, okay, I get it, there's a much smaller window of invulnerability than I'd like, but it just makes it feel bad to play.

I'm sorry I keep coming in here bitching, but it's especially frustrating because I really like this game! The usual fights -- even the ones against high level Travelers and Hel-Fuckers -- are really fun to play, and I'm really enjoying the exploration and puzzling, especially now that the lake's opened up and there's tons of hidden stuff everywhere. But the Valkyrie fights have been super disappointing. A few of them have been the fun, challenging fights that I'm looking for, but it feels like a lot of them are asking you to do things that the combat system just wasn't built for.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 5, 2022

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Tbh the Valkyries are the most unfun part of the game and are designed to be extra difficult so that's not too surprising to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I see Fortnite announced a Ralph Lauren collab for next week. Not my cup of tea, but killing polo players for a crown will be good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on the Sony PS5 :cheers:
I've been playing the multiplayer for the last week and it feels like there are hackers in the game already. I'm dying way more often than I have in previous CoD games, and when I watch some of my killcams, some of the players who kill me look like they're seeing me when they really shouldn't be.

It's either that or I'm dogshit at the game. Both are entirely possible!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

I've been playing the multiplayer for the last week and it feels like there are hackers in the game already. I'm dying way more often than I have in previous CoD games, and when I watch some of my killcams, some of the players who kill me look like they're seeing me when they really shouldn't be.

It's either that or I'm dogshit at the game. Both are entirely possible!

I'm sorry to break this to you but it's the latter.

Don't worry I suck too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I think I'd be perfectly content to never play another first person shooter again

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I want MORE shootin’

I really miss the 90s/00s being packed full of really good single player fps games. There are a bunch of recent ones I haven’t played yet so it’s not the biggest complaint but the trend definitely swerved towards multiplayer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Third person shooters are more fun

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

History Comes Inside! posted:

Third person shooters are more fun

Guess what mode Modern Warfare 2 has!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MW2 has the best feeling shooting of any game I have played. The guns absolutely rip.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

MW2 has the best feeling shooting of any game I have played. The guns absolutely rip.

Not surprising since MW19 was the reigning king of that before imo. The MW2 beta gunplay felt incredible. Infinity Ward rules.

I really wish games were not so expensive!!! When does CoD usually go on sale after release?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Call of Duty? On sale? In this economy?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

COD sales are usually just a few bux off the premium edition. They never reallt do good sales on them because they don't have to unfortunately.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t warzone the free version now so you can get called slurs by children in a gaas nightmare instead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I saw a video of an early game fight in the new God of War game and oh my God, Kratos

How the hell did you lose all of your powerups and upgrades within the space of 3 years?! At this rate, we'll see ourselves rapidly losing abilities to the point where we'll have new weapons for a single fight before they're gone forever once again.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
More like Call of Duty

(duty, as in a payment levied on the import, export, manufacture, or sale of goods)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I searched the last 2 pages of the thread to see if 'nioh' came up and it didn't: I see nioh 2 is one of the 3 free games (I am in the USA). I added the other two to my library but while it says nioh 2 is free to ps plus, and my subscription is good until 2024, I can't add it to my library for free. Anyone else having trouble getting nioh 2 free via ps plus?

edit: NM, googled it and saw: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the nioh 2 page, it then shows like 5 different versions. one of them is the ps + version, which is free and I just added it.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i will one hundred percent play call of poopy if someone buys it for me so go ahead and put your money where your mouth is

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Casnorf posted:

i will one hundred percent play call of poopy if someone buys it for me so go ahead and put your money where your mouth is

Instructions unclear, just ate $70

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

redreader posted:

I searched the last 2 pages of the thread to see if 'nioh' came up and it didn't: I see nioh 2 is one of the 3 free games (I am in the USA). I added the other two to my library but while it says nioh 2 is free to ps plus, and my subscription is good until 2024, I can't add it to my library for free. Anyone else having trouble getting nioh 2 free via ps plus?

PC store or PS5 store? You might have to change which version you're looking at (via the three dots menu) if it's on the PS5.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

redreader posted:

I was able to add it (I already own it on disc but it's more convenient to not have to put in the disc every time) so :shrug:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Macichne Leainig posted:

you might be all right

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did not previously own Nioh 2 and had no issues claiming it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Same tho for some reason I'm having trouble downloading it haha

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t warzone the free version now so you can get called slurs by children in a gaas nightmare instead
It's not really a "free version" of Call of Duty, it's a battle royale game under the Call of Duty banner.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Played more ac Valhalla today. This game is dumb as hell. Finished the "suthsexe" arc so it was fun going all around my ends but the sidequest writing is terrible memey garbage. Almost every sidequest is some dumb obvious direct reference and today we had alice in wonderland and that Fenton guy that went viral like 10 years ago. Haha everybody remember Fenton? Remember?? I bet the ppl who remember fenton will be all like haha remember fenton?? Ha ha ... :doh:

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Macichne Leainig posted:

Send them the money after you dook it out, perfect for buying Call of Doody.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

fridge corn posted:

Played more ac Valhalla today. This game is dumb as hell. Finished the "suthsexe" arc so it was fun going all around my ends but the sidequest writing is terrible memey garbage. Almost every sidequest is some dumb obvious direct reference and today we had alice in wonderland and that Fenton guy that went viral like 10 years ago. Haha everybody remember Fenton? Remember?? I bet the ppl who remember fenton will be all like haha remember fenton?? Ha ha ... :doh:

Yup, for me this ruined what was otherwise an interesting experiment (making side quests have a less rigged structure).

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I really wish games were not so expensive!!! When does CoD usually go on sale after release?

I got MW2019 for $20 bux a month ago.....so between 2 or 3 years?

It's crazy how a yearly franchise holds it's cost Nintendo-style.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I looked it up and it seems like the last dropped $20 within a few months so mayyyybe something will happen. Can’t blame ‘em for making bank I guess if it’s working.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

giogadi posted:

All I’m saying is that I have way less time to game these days and I’d rather spend it on games offering unique experiences. So even if Zelda OoT were an all-timer for me, it wouldn’t be weird to also not want to play anything like Zelda anymore.

I just tried Heavenly Bodies (free ps+ game this month) and wow. In the very first mission I felt like a total hero. It made me think very hard about momentum in ways I never have before.

Have you played… outer wilds. Just because i can’t shut up about it, but the devs said they made it because they were frustrated with how linear and hand holdy Zelda had become, so they made outer wilds in an attempt to do the opposite I guess. It’s not at all like Zelda, but you might appreciate it because of how unique it is.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Man what I would give to be able to experience that game for the first time again.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

PacoPepe posted:

I got MW2019 for $20 bux a month ago.....so between 2 or 3 years?

It's crazy how a yearly franchise holds it's cost Nintendo-style.
The original Black Ops is still $43.99 CAD on Steam

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Macichne Leainig posted:

Man what I would give to be able to experience that game for the first time again.

Yeah, ive enjoyed seeing people’s reactions to the reveals in the dlc quite a bit, VideoGames’ stream playing through the base game and the dlc is really fun to watch. Aside from that, Joseph Anderson’s stream of the base game is probably my other favorite playthrough, because both him and VG actually pay attention to every little detail they find, or at least you never get the sense that they’re just playing through it half paying attention to chat and the game which is satisfying to watch. Same with the dlc for both of them, if anything just to see their reaction to all of the cool stuff that happens in it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That last Valkyrie in GoW18 is some unfair bullshit. Arena-wide unblocklae aoe, stunning you, followed by an unblockable swoop you can't dodge because you are still stunned. And she blocks attacks while in windup animations for her sweeping moves.
And that is on Easy.

Plus Kratis shieldanimation takes forever be for he blocks.
I have given up, this is beyond stupid.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hopper posted:

That last Valkyrie in GoW18 is some unfair bullshit. Arena-wide unblocklae aoe, stunning you, followed by an unblockable swoop you can't dodge because you are still stunned. And she blocks attacks while in windup animations for her sweeping moves.
And that is on Easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaWYRMn0vjo

Here’s a video of me taking her down on the second-hardest difficulty if you just wanna see it the whole way through.

Not saying you’re wrong by the way, she’s a huge pain in the rear end. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hopper posted:

And that is on Easy.

Easiest boss. Get better