Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nuebot posted:

There's actually a fun theory I've seen floating around that Geto isn't entirely gone and some aspect of him or his spirit or whatever might be slowly rewiring the evil brain from within, more or less. Because there've been a few moments where he spoke, or acted, like Geto seemingly without intending to or realizing it. But it could also just be overly hopeful stuff and the guy playing up whatever body he's in.

Nah Gege said in an interview that Geto is gone. The part where his body acted on its own was the last remnants remaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

RatHat posted:

Nah Gege said in an interview that Geto is gone. The part where his body acted on its own was the last remnants remaining

Yeah, I'd think an ancient body snatcher has that kind of thing on lock.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Entirely possible Gege is the kind to shift plans for something cooler.
This chapter has the same kind of energy as before the shibuya incident. In that kenjaku steps on the field kind of feel

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We got a translation for a recent interview and info on the major clans. Though the translator is annoying in that they don't translate terms.

https://tempenensis.tumblr.com/post/699269909260156928/tell-us-akutami-sensei
https://tempenensis.tumblr.com/post/699257822378065920/unraveling-the-gosanke-the-three-great-families

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-203/chapter/25767?action=read

Official translation.

And the fan one which I think is better in some spots
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4718/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-203

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 6, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Aniki...:ohdear:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
rip to a real one

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Inflammatory posted:

rip to a real one

He’s not dead yet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Early :rip: to a real one.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

204 appears to have dropped early but there's a break next week

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
GOOD JOB CHOSO GOD drat

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm happy Choso didn't try and use his still sleeping brothers but instead payed tribute to two of his fallen ones.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the power of brotherhood goddamn

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BIG BRO

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This was fantastic.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
rip gravity elephant cursed spirit. Kenjaku probably izumaki'd it to gain the gravity-based cursed technique that he used to smush Choso's supernova pellets before they could explode

yota821
Sep 3, 2006

yum posted:

rip gravity elephant cursed spirit. Kenjaku probably izumaki'd it to gain the gravity-based cursed technique that he used to smush Choso's supernova pellets before they could explode

But choso said that Kenjaku used a technique other than cursed spirit manipulation, which I presume uzumaki falls under

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

yota821 posted:

But choso said that Kenjaku used a technique other than cursed spirit manipulation, which I presume uzumaki falls under

The cursed spirits' techniques he extracted through uzumaki are the techniques that he's trying to hide from Choso and Yuki. He wouldn't be able to have multiple techniques without uzumaki. Geto's power is really wild tbh especially since it was considered special grade level solely from its ability to control cursed spirits

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Geto did not even know about that Ability of Uzumaki. Kenjaku is just overall better at using Cursed Spirit Manipulation than Geto was.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
as good as this chapter was I am super pumped to finally see tsukomo fight

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Geto did not even know about that Ability of Uzumaki. Kenjaku is just overall better at using Cursed Spirit Manipulation than Geto was.

Didn't he use Uzumaki during the JJK: Zero arc?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Didn't he use Uzumaki during the JJK: Zero arc?

He does but he was unaware of it’s secondary effect so he never used powerful curses with it. Kenjaku states he kind of viewed it as a useless move as it gives up the greatest advantage of Cursed Spirit Manipulation, but after experimenting discovered it’s true worth was when it was with Semi Grade 1 or better Curses as it extracts the Cursed Spirit’s Technique and gives it to the user, before throwing the mass of Cursed Energy at an opponent. Soon after he uses it to grant himself Mahito’s Technique.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

He does but he was unaware of it’s secondary effect so he never used powerful curses with it. Kenjaku states he kind of viewed it as a useless move as it gives up the greatest advantage of Cursed Spirit Manipulation, but after experimenting discovered it’s true worth was when it was with Semi Grade 1 or better Curses as it extracts the Cursed Spirit’s Technique and gives it to the user, before throwing the mass of Cursed Energy at an opponent. Soon after he uses it to grant himself Mahito’s Technique.

You'd be correct. Also, I'm re-reading Shibuya's arc from the beginning after double checking Kenjaku's final monologue. Such a good story arc.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Interested in seeing the domain expansion of someone with multiple techniques. Or if Kenjaku has a DE at all since I don't think it was confirmed Geto had a DE. Would they even share the same DE? It would reveal a lot about the body-mind-soul system of the JJK world. I'm sure the 2nd greatest barrier user can figure something out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

Interested in seeing the domain expansion of someone with multiple techniques. Or if Kenjaku has a DE at all since I don't think it was confirmed Geto had a DE. Would they even share the same DE? It would reveal a lot about the body-mind-soul system of the JJK world. I'm sure the 2nd greatest barrier user can figure something out.

Geto does not have one but Kenjaku does.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014680

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-204/chapter/25798?action=read

*Todo voice* BROTHER

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kenjaku’s cursed technique looks very infinity-y. Wonder if he’s using gojo power from the prison cube

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Kenjaku’s cursed technique looks very infinity-y. Wonder if he’s using gojo power from the prison cube

I doubt it, probably just something that forced everything down.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm not sure what I make of the cursed energy to regular energy twist yet. I'm not too bothered by it either way as it seems entirely a tool for Gege to really get a stew cooking in the colonies rather than a set-up for the exploration of the real world energy crises. The idea of regular soldiers showing up in the colonies is a pretty big escalation which I like, so for that reason I'm down with it either way.

I was surprised Itadori didn't immediately announce he was the disgraced one. I feel like that's maybe a cannier move than he would have made before the events of Shibuya.

The fight with Choso and Kenjaku is really fun. I am glad Geto is getting the recognition he deserves, I think Gojo can really overshadow just how strong the other special class sorcerers are. He effectively fought a war on two fronts single handedly during the night parade. I am still curious if Kenjaku's extraction is a single use of the cursed spirit power or not.

Even if they manage to lie to angel for a while, Hakari and the lads are on the way to unintentionally throw a spanner in the works there I think. He already has his work cut out for him convincing Itadori to let Sukuna out on the town.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Geto does not have one but Kenjaku does.

What's the source on this? Not doubting, just don't recall it if it's in the manga. I haven't read the volume releases yet though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

What's the source on this? Not doubting, just don't recall it if it's in the manga. I haven't read the volume releases yet though.

Kenjaku is the second best barrier user, and Choso and Yuki have assumed he has one. Geto meanwhile has never been implied to be capable of it, and if he was would have used it against Yuta.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5550/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-205

205 scanslation

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Jujutsu continues to have the best, most visceral fight scenes. Can't wait to see this entire arc in motion.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm excited to really see that lady cut loose

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I'm hoping she doesn't get screwed by Kenjaku's plot armor, but yeah, JJK continues to be impressive with some of the most well thought out fight sequences in shonen manga

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love a giant punch

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

jesus those translation notes at the end

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

this lady is a new fav

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Man that sure is an essay about the translation at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i simply didn't read the notes, a lot of it didn't seem to actually connect to anything that was happening

very eager to see the official