Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mordja posted:

Keep going guys, maybe you'll hit on something funny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mulva posted:

A thing that is lost in the anime is that he's not just making random noises in the bathtub in the manga, he's singing a song about how great it is to have a union job.

People went all the way out of their entire drat minds about that the other week on Twitter. Not that it was removed from the anime but that Denji was singing about unions at all and how it was 'inserted' by translators. Wild.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Dawgstar posted:

People went all the way out of their entire drat minds about that the other week on Twitter. Not that it was removed from the anime but that Denji was singing about unions at all and how it was 'inserted' by translators. Wild.

Culture war is real for those people

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

I just realized something, Aki and Denji will have to introduce Power to litter boxes and keeping them clean. Truly, Makima devised the best sitcom.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Blue Nation posted:

I just realized something, Aki and Denji will have to introduce Power to litter boxes and keeping them clean. Truly, Makima devised the best sitcom.

More like they'll have to try, considering Power won't bathe, eat vegetables, or flush the toilet without being ordered to.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dawgstar posted:

... twitter. Stop, please being twitter.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kwyndig posted:

More like they'll have to try, considering Power won't bathe, eat vegetables, or flush the toilet without being ordered to.

The litter box is for Power

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pull up, thread!!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sick episode. Loved the highly animated morning routine

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i couldn't quite tell, but was makima silently laughing when she tells aki not to worry because power promised to behave? seemed like her shoulders shake just before she says that line. if so, incredibly baller move

Almost certainly.

One thing that stood out to me on rereading Chainsaw Man was just how much of a sense of humor Makima has.

It's just not a very nice sense of humor.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Considering the flashbacks to nekkid Power and how she appears there, I am not convinced that her boobs aren't two water balloons and Denji will walk away incredibly disappointed.

Also, the detail of Denji having an eye bulge out due to head trauma :pwn:

The animation is phenomenal and I really hope the animators are okay.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Considering the flashbacks to nekkid Power and how she appears there, I am not convinced that her boobs aren't two water balloons and Denji will walk away incredibly disappointed.

She's actually keeping two additional kittens in there to keep them warm.

(Note: haven't read the manga, that's just bullshit I made up)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, the detail of Denji having an eye bulge out due to head trauma :pwn:

The animation is phenomenal and I really hope the animators are okay.

Oh the payoff for Power and Denji is great. As for the animation team they're probably getting royalties since they didn't go with a production team. Mappa is all in on Chainsaw Man.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Poor Aki, he's now a single dad with two terrible adult children.
Cursed to be the Misato of this show.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hey Misato had an on again off again boyfriend. Aki is not so lucky.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Hey Misato had an on again off again boyfriend. Aki is not so lucky.

I'd say that another character is much more Misato than Aki is. Aki, after all, knows how to cook, is tidy, and doesn't drink to excess.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd say that another character is much more Misato than Aki is. Aki, after all, knows how to cook, is tidy, and doesn't drink to excess.

Aki not being an alcoholic is definitely a plus in his favor

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, Denji and Power's relationship is somewhat more harmonious than Shinji and Asuka's despite it starting off with attempted murder.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Nah, Asuka and Shinji got pretty chill with each other eventually, but then... everything else happened. Dance Like You Want To Win is the best episode.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Aki has no Pen Pen tho

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
yeah but he has Kon so

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Meowy doesn't count?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Meowy only likes Power. Meowy actually really likes Power for a cat, he(?) comes when she calls and imitates her behavior.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRxPTRFE/

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

MAJOR SPOILER FOR NEW EPISODE: I like how Aki has discovered he can keep Denji and Power placated with chewing gum like good little children.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ammat The Ankh posted:

MAJOR SPOILER FOR NEW EPISODE: I like how Aki has discovered he can keep Denji and Power placated with chewing gum like good little children.

https://twitter.com/punkittdev/status/1584068140547608577

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

You know, it's easy to miss, but man. Special Section 4 is tall. Denji's 5'11-ish, which is crazy for a malnurished Japanese teenager, but Himeno is even taller than he is.

Meanwhile, Aki is 6'3'', and Arai is much taller than him.

Kobeni would be on the short side anywhere, but with this group, she looks really tiny.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Maybe Japanese people are just taller in general due to some shenanigan in chainsaw man.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I bet the tall devil did this

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The heights devil strikes again

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gun Devil looks awesome in the ED.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Maybe Japanese people are just taller in general due to some shenanigan in chainsaw man.

Possibly a bit, but looking for crowd shots in the manga, Denji tends to be shown as being taller than most people, and he's shorter than most of the group.

We also see a panel later with Makima standing next to a guy who's portrayed as being more-or-less average height, and she's even in height with him.

So, yeah. It's a tall main cast. Other than Power and Kobeni.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i love you himeno

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsterEnvy posted:

Gun Devil looks awesome in the ED.

I wanna be friends with that....thing

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Fandom is cool, folks

https://twitter.com/CSPerfectShot/status/1589250242095947776?s=20&t=pwkDyzb0bUyhXrQirJcfFg

Cross fandom is increidbly cool;
https://twitter.com/Shade__2002/status/1588545088480608256?s=20&t=pwkDyzb0bUyhXrQirJcfFg

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The silhouette of this made me think it was going to be a chainsaw sombrero, and I was highly disappointed that this was not the case.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
goddamn this show is perverse

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Denji being super relatable this ep. :smith:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

goddamn this show is perverse

Are you talking about... handholding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in which the protagonist suffers an existential crisis because he was let down by squeezing a titty