Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m taking off early tomorrow and am going to an imax in the afternoon, I never see anime movies in theaters but this one being music focused I think would benefit from the big screen and speakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

hatty posted:

I’m taking off early tomorrow and am going to an imax in the afternoon, I never see anime movies in theaters but this one being music focused I think would benefit from the big screen and speakers

It absolutely is. All those tunes blasting through IMAX speakers is :krad:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

He DOES have an army of clones…

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

GodFish posted:

Watched RED in imax w/ my gf on Monday, there was one other person in the entire theater. Aside from it being extremely loud, had a great time. In a film with fantastic outfit designs nothing could hold a candle to child bepo.
This was my exact experience lol, kinda owned to be seeing a One Piece movie in a huge empty theatre with seat-rumbling noise and no one around to judge me for getting pumped as hell about Luffy doing a big punch

My favourite part was Franky x Jimbei team attack :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
drat wishing i'd caught it in imax. tomorrow wakanda forever takes over. i'll see it regular on sunday maybe

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
For some reason, I was able to see One Piece Stampede in theaters here (China), but still no word on if One Piece Film Red will get a release here. :negative:

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Rereading the Whole Cake Island arc, and I think this is still one of my favourite understated moments in the entire series.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Inadequately posted:

Rereading the Whole Cake Island arc, and I think this is still one of my favourite understated moments in the entire series.

And now Kaku has to work with a woman who enjoys the taste of giraffe pain. Yeesh.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Every single time Oda puts a giraffe or giraff-esque creature on page it's gold

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I also caught Red today on IMAX and yeah holy poo poo it was really amazing. I'd actually advise to take earplugs because a lot of it is TOO loud (not during the music parts).

The soundtrack is killer.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just jumping ahead before someone else posts it, there is a fanscanlation out for the next chapter, but it's fairly rough, really low quality images too, and it's a chapter you definitely want to wait for a good translation for.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
hope uta shows up in the manga because she is way cooler than sabo ever was. :pray:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Red They didn't confirm whether she had died or not and if she's still alive, she's just....on Shanks' ship.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I finished the Water 7/Enies Lobby saga!!

I don’t need to tell anybody here how great it was.

My question right now is based off where I’m at, are there any good One Piece movies I could watch?

I’ve already (also only) seen the sixth movie, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island. But I was wondering if there were any other good ones at this point.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Red They didn't confirm whether she had died or not and if she's still alive, she's just....on Shanks' ship.

Film RED's plot isn't canon, but Uta existing and her backstory at Foosha is canon.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Kart Barfunkel posted:

My question right now is based off where I’m at, are there any good One Piece movies I could watch?

I’ve already (also only) seen the sixth movie, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island. But I was wondering if there were any other good ones at this point.

I hold to Gold being damned solid and I didn't mind Strong World which I want to say is "Canonish"? Also Z is good and I think that was the OG Kizaru voice actors last bit of One Piece and that dude made Kizaru eternally my favorite character. I want my Admirals on dabs constantly.

TGG fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 10, 2022

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I just thought of a gag/plot point that is too obvious and good to not happen: Jinbei impersonating his own seraph form. Bonney can de-age him, Robin does the wings, Franky somehow provides the laser, Brook might provide the lunarian flame with his spirit form. Usopp is obviously in charge of planning the disguise. Caribou might turn the floor into a swamp for him to swim in? It's the perfect opportunity to have all the Strawhats working together and involve Jinbei in a great gag that serves the plot.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Dead End Adventure is honestly the only one you should bother other than the one you've already seen. The rest are.... trash to put it nicely up until Strong World where the movies start being consistently decent to good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Every single time Oda puts a giraffe or giraff-esque creature on page it's gold

Speaking of Giraffe I was reading the Boichi Ace miniseries and he fights a Giraffe Zoan guy right before joining Whitebeard but like he didn't kill him so how did Kaku got the power...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I loving love the Boichi take on some of the most rugged characters like Rayleigh, Shanks, Whitebeard and Jimbei btw

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
wheres the chap at lets get moving

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Speaking of Giraffe I was reading the Boichi Ace miniseries and he fights a Giraffe Zoan guy right before joining Whitebeard but like he didn't kill him so how did Kaku got the power...

Maybe somebody else killed him.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tbp posted:

wheres the chap at lets get moving

I am a gentlemen so I will wait patiently.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
WHERES THE loving CHAP

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I got the tude now posted:

WHERES THE loving CHAP

IDK Julias was taunting us earlier with a translation but decided not to share.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One of my favorite things to look forward to is seeing everyone's reaction to the new chapter. Well, besides reading the chapter myself, of course.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

WHERES THE loving CHAP

i appreciate the wait

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Meme Emulator posted:

IDK Julias was taunting us earlier with a translation but decided not to share.

I think the issue is the translation is currently raw photos of the chapter in Japanese and a separate series of Twitter screenshots of just the text lines in English by page... and they're noticeably iffy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1590720938386915328?s=20&t=eBQqHoGZxrzHJJbgtX5ucw

I think it would be a great birthday present to Zoro if we got Chapter

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I think the issue is the translation is currently raw photos of the chapter in Japanese and a separate series of Twitter screenshots of just the text lines in English by page... and they're noticeably iffy.

Oh I thought it was that lower quality scan group, id read them

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Plutonis posted:

Maybe it was just a different model of Giraffe (the Weird Screaming Giraffe model) since Zoan's can have multiple variants floating around. There's like 3 different versions of the Human-Human fruit just for starters.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1590720938386915328?s=20&t=eBQqHoGZxrzHJJbgtX5ucw

I think it would be a great birthday present to Zoro if we got Chapter

Zoro sank the Edmund Fitzgerald just to see if he could

(Even if his birthday is 11/11 he just crossed timezones, duh)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

WHERES THE loving CHAP

WHERES THE loving CHAP

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Chapter 1066... That chapter... never existed.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1590756770099908608

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
You want chapter 1066? It's yours for the taking, I left every remaining chapter in "that place".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm going to create a new age, where nobody ever has to wait for a chapter again.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm going to create a new age, where nobody ever has to wait for a chapter again.

:cawg:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Cloks posted:

You want chapter 1066? It's yours for the taking, I left every remaining chapter in "that place".

Jaminibox?