Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Salt Fish posted:

I don't think there is even a coat.

lol I was joking but indeed they are both owned by him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
His phone must be blowing up with his lawyer calling him desperately shrieking "SHUT THE gently caress UP!!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

El Spamo posted:

His phone must be blowing up with his lawyer calling him desperately shrieking "SHUT THE gently caress UP!!"

more like "yeah i'm gonna need my money up front going forward"

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I hope Twitter has gone under by the time Buttcoin-Fraud gets out of prison, because otherwise his post-release feed is going to be insufferable, and constantly signal-boosted by the worst sorts of people. Just a constant stream of Marcus Aurelius quotes and proclamations of gratitude for how much time he got for ~growth and introspection~. Like an even shittier Naval Ravikant.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/LilMoonLambo/status/1590733890481582080

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's not accurate at all.

A golden corral buffet can at least feed a family of 4.

:lol: fuckin hell

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you dont buy crypto now you're leavin money on the table. You see, the bad thing about fiat is that it exists in a 3 Dimensional space, where it can go up, down, and all around. Bitcoin solves this because it exists in a 2D space where it can only go up and down, and go down once shame on the market, go down twice well ya cant go down again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Rad Russian posted:

US entity is separate but is also run by crypto idiots who gamble customer funds into various proprietary token shitcoins.

All of these people run their company like a regular bank making 3-4% interest or whatever for a few months or a year, get bored because that's lame, and then gamba everything to get MOON LEVEL returns.

its literally impossible to not make a small fortune in investing as long as you gamble with someone elses money and charge fees to do so and even then its not enough for these idiots

gregday
May 23, 2003

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Buschmaki posted:

If you dont buy crypto now you're leavin money on the table. You see, the bad thing about fiat is that it exists in a 3 Dimensional space, where it can go up, down, and all around. Bitcoin solves this because it exists in a 2D space where it can only go up and down, and go down once shame on the market, go down twice well ya cant go down again.

Given enough time in a house with a cat in it, a mouse will find the cat and get eaten.

Similarly, crypto will find and be pulled toward the moon, having explored all other directions.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So is everyone in that stream a felon at this point

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Waffle House posted:

So is everyone in that stream a felon at this point

half of them definitely aren't allowed within 100 yards of a school or a chuck e cheese

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
apparently ftx withdrawals are enabled again

Will be interesting to see how many can get their money out

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hobbez posted:

apparently ftx withdrawals are enabled again

Will be interesting to see how many can get their money out

approximately 400k people are eligible to get their money out

https://twitter.com/FTX_Official/status/1590783570989441024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

scraping together CYA funding to preserve the future of hodlstan

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

why cant it go flat and to the left?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

busalover posted:

We're out of the blue, guys

Well of course the ultraviolet band is invisible to the naked eye

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

(not real)

also:
The Department of Justice would like to know how Binance’s due diligence on the now-canceled FTX acquisition went.So remember when FTX was going to get bought by Binance, except whoopsie, Binance did due diligence for a couple hours and noped out? US authorities would like to know what Binance saw.
US Justice Department, Regulators Contacted Binance on FTX Talks: Source
[COINDESK]
https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/11/10/us-justice-department-regulators-contacted-binance-on-ftx-talks-source/
lmao if binance also gets into trouble on this

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

They will. Lmao

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Still lmaoing that this was all pulled off by a guy called Bank Fraudman

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

VitalSigns posted:

Literally every cryptodude has a spiel on how banks are bad because fractional reserve banking is a scam, then they throw their money into cryptobanks that do fractional reserve banking but ten million times riskier

Nah, it's straight up fictional reserve banking.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Check out my super secret TA :ninja: forrealsiesdontsteal :ninja:

:haibrower: When a company has a direct arrow from the founder to the Cayman islands, or really any of the countries pictured do not invest :haibrower:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1sl_NOOK-U

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I did not pay attention to the latest crypto crash due to the tag team of Elon Musk corncobbing live on Twitter and the current elections, but it basically sounds like the end of The Emperors New Clothes, except for a child it was another naked Emperor.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What did Elon do now

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Tough to summarize really, it's just a nonstop train of bad/destructive decisions and it's spiraling out of control

I wonder if binance's half-bil stake in musk's Twitter will end up being consequential in those shenanigans

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

nachos posted:

What did Elon do now

He’s running twitter by tweeting out policy that his workers then have to follow.

Not that he’s tweeting out his policies afterwards, he’s tweeting them as if it’s a company email

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

nachos posted:

What did Elon do now

He’s actually managing to make Twitter look like more of a shitshow car crash than Bitcoin, which is really quite impressive

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you just want something funny definitely look into what is happening at twitter because it’s honestly amazing

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I dunno, the parallel crashing and burning is pretty good, and I can't help but feel like they're related given how short everything is

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you just want something funny definitely look into what is happening at twitter because it’s honestly amazing

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1590810660887461888

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

what an absolute ape

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

"I told u I was hardcore" - Elon musk 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Unperson_47 posted:

"I told u I was hardcore" - Elon musk 2022

lol i was thinking the same thing goddammit

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I just wanted to say I misread this tweet as "Majority of FTX legal team quits in semaphore", which was such an amusing mental image I had to share it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yo the FTX dude is a naiive fall guy for an international money laundering operation that Elon Musk's enterprises front for, from the look of things

This also might explain why Elon is weirdly cahootish with Russia
There is also possibly a large transaction in Euros that facilitated a large purchase of Iranian combat drones that also involved an exchange of stolen US technology

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 10, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1590738254055473152

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1590765734183198720

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Viscous Soda posted:

I just wanted to say I misread this tweet as "Majority of FTX legal team quits in semaphore", which was such an amusing mental image I had to share it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

That ought to teach them a lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

JohnCompany posted:

Nah, it's straight up fictional reserve banking.

fractional? try homeopathic. $1 diluted per $10,000,000 of shitcoins