Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Finally San Juan Wolf is going to have something to do. he'll definitely be somehow involved in elbaf arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The reason the books are readable despite being submerged in water is simple: it’s a drat cartoon. People are regrowing bones from drinking milk and you all are making theories about waterproofing

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The secrets of the Void Century live on due to a laminator

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the books have haki

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meme Emulator posted:

Ive been thinking about the books in Ohara for a decade now, and they throw a LOT of books in that lake, you can see the books from the surface of the water. The solution Ive came up with is that the weight of all the books compressed the stack of books enmough that enough water was kept out to at least somewhat preserve some of them. So all the books in the middle of the pile could maybe be salvageable. The more incredible thing is that the WG didnt blight the lake after seeing the books thrown into it

Ahh, so they'r-

Professor Wayne posted:

Oh, so they're magic books.

Goddammit!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Can't read Poneglyphs? Better Call Saul

oh poo poo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Here's a national park service web page on how to dry books: https://www.nps.gov/articles/000/pr...%20over%20time.

it's not actually that crazy. Granted these are modern books made of printer ink and not whatever OP books are made of.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No Wave posted:

Here's a national park service web page on how to dry books: https://www.nps.gov/articles/000/pr...%20over%20time.

it's not actually that crazy. Granted these are modern books made of printer ink and not whatever OP books are made of.

:thunk:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

the loving move was called Ice Time Capsule it was in front of us this whole time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is probably the least objectionable death fakeout. aokiji was always perfectly capable of disabling saul without killing him, while making it look fatal. he also had cause to do so.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this is probably the least objectionable death fakeout. aokiji was always perfectly capable of disabling saul without killing him, while making it look fatal. he also had cause to do so.

also robin deserves happiness

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

rannum posted:

also robin deserves happiness

Robin is one of my favorite Strawhats so I love this panel very much

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Scholtz posted:

One of the best panels in the whole drat manga.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Flair posted:

There are certain moments when a character supposedly dies in One Piece, only to be shown later to have survived. For most of these fake deaths, their revival has not lead to much, if anything at all. For Saul especially, I hope his involvement is actually meaningful to the story. Nonetheless, it looks like we are going Elbaf.

Anyway, Vegapunk has an interesting design. Also his head seems to have shrunk now that he has split off into other beings.

speaking of character deaths, what's the over/under on pacifista ace

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eiba posted:

One of the best panels in the whole drat manga.

Oda has always been really great at depicting messy crying faces, and this is one of his best. It really captures a mix of conflicting emotions, both of pain and happiness. It's great.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Begemot posted:

I don't remember any of them loo- ohhhhhhhh

Is he the secret leader of the space pirates? Is Enel going to come down and attack the island as part of an ongoing feud??? :tinfoil:

I just read the chapter and immediately thought of their malfunctioning hover boots lifting them all the way to the moon to tie into the space pirates & Enel. Hopefully this is even more of a sign that's where things are heading.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
youd need grav boots to live in space.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Here is a crazy thought: what if the last Road Poneglyph is on the moon? Someone said a while ago that you'd only need 3 Road Poneglyphs for the coordinates, but what if you needed a fourth one to account for three-dimensional space?

If this all somehow ends up with the Strawhats going to the moon and meeting up with Enel again, I'm gonna flip.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

If this all somehow ends up with the Strawhats going to the moon and meeting up with Enel again, I'm gonna flip.

Enel chilling on the moon thinking he's finally reached the point where none can ever challenge him again, only to make the Enel face when Luffy suddenly shows up out of nowhere would be a hoot :)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jerusalem posted:

Enel chilling on the moon thinking he's finally reached the point where none can ever challenge him again, only to make the Enel face when Luffy suddenly shows up out of nowhere would be a hoot :)

heyyy enel-guy
guess what i can do now

also theyre calling me sun god nika now

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah this is why lol:

RuBisCO posted:

the loving move was called Ice Time Capsule it was in front of us this whole time

i wonder if aokiji's going to show up at elbaf given all this, seems like a good time to find out exactly what his deal is with working with blackbeard and everything

Lpzie 2
Nov 1, 2022

When you elect nuts, you get squirrels!
the fourth polygraph is needed because you need to set a time coordinate in the machine to get to the right era

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

lih posted:

yeah this is why lol:

i wonder if aokiji's going to show up at elbaf given all this, seems like a good time to find out exactly what his deal is with working with blackbeard and everything

working with BB puts him in a position to influence the Pirate endgame. I could see him turning on BB if it looks like he's about to acquire an ancient weapon for example.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Throughout all 952 chapters since her introduction this might be the happiest expression we've ever seen on Robin. It's such a wonderful moment.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Carpator Diei posted:

Throughout all 952 chapters since her introduction this might be the happiest expression we've ever seen on Robin. It's such a wonderful moment.

Pure bliss. :3:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
We're gonna get some Will of D stuff in the next room, aren't we

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Aokiji and Blackbeard is absolutely gonna be a case of who backstabs who first because there's no way Blackbeard doesn't think there's some very weird about an ex admiral deciding to join up with him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Aokiji's always been giving me death flags, especially since he joined with Blackbeard. I'll be surprised if he's even around to join the epilogue, post-WG Marines.

Which I genuinely hope is a thing. Not because I like cops or anything, but

A: I don't want Luffy's or even the Straw Hat Grand Fleet's adventuring to be restricted by constantly having to protect people from shithead pirates (hopefully a post-WG Marines won't just prop up shithead pirates like they currently do (lol))

B: Cops suck, but running from the cops, especially as pirates, is fun

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Coby is obviously gonna be the Garp to Luffy's Rodger while he goes around causing trouble living his free life Coby is gonna have to deal with the effects and chase him down to please consider just settling down.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
oh man

if we're really in the endgame of one piece then even when a bunch of characters get killed in super dramatic ways that are going to be retconned later, they're gonna run out of runway to get secretly resurrected before there are no more chapters left

we're approaching the only thing that can actually kill a one piece character for good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

oh man

if we're really in the endgame of one piece then even when a bunch of characters get killed in super dramatic ways that are going to be retconned later, they're gonna run out of runway to get secretly resurrected before there are no more chapters left

we're approaching the only thing that can actually kill a one piece character for good

inside the back cover of the final volume, without explanation: just a tiny panel that says "also ace was alive this entire time"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ChaseSP posted:

Coby is obviously gonna be the Garp to Luffy's Rodger while he goes around causing trouble living his free life Coby is gonna have to deal with the effects and chase him down to please consider just settling down.

Luffy is going to be dead by the time he's 25 tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From hypertension if anything else. The drums of liberation are probably bad for the BP.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

coby won't become garp because coby isn't a complete coward who is unwilling to stand up to authority.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
me reading this chapter

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Waffleman_ posted:

From hypertension if anything else.

"No doctor, that's called GEAR SECOND."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Scholtz posted:

Robin rules, I'm so happy for her

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scholtz posted:

the snot. Lol.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Oda's most powerful storytelling tool has always been ugly crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I've said in the past that I believe Luffy's dream that the crew reacted to involves exploring out of space. I wonder how all of this Vegapunk stuff will relate to it (if I'm correct), especially with the hints that Vegapunk sent soldiers to the moon in the past.