Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

reminder that the saudis are co-owners in this. they like it when their money gets hosed with right?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

solid formula for making billions do not steal: charge people what they're willing to pay

even more solid formula: start out w/ trillions @ ur disposal

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

reminder that the saudis are co-owners in this. they like it when their money gets hosed with right?

the saudis were the previous owners too. hrm. need to investigate this

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

i don't think the saudis stayed in the deal because they genuinely believed in the 44 billion valuation. "their money" has already been hosed with, because they hosed with it, when they decided to keep their stake rather than take the $54.20.

their motivation in owning twitter isn't (just) the value/the money, it's something else.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

yeah maybe money was the wrong word. more like loving with the... utility of it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

they get their cut no matter what

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

when it gives them leverage over someone who exerts influence over media, politics, etc in foreign countries? yes, they absolutely do like that. especially when the person in hock to them owns a social media site used by dissidents

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Pinterest Mom posted:

their motivation in owning twitter isn't (just) the value/the money, it's something else.

why would the saudis want to make an easily manipulated doofus the boss of the website that all the journalists worldwide use for journalism stuff

so hard

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

why would the saudis want to make an easily manipulated doofus the boss of the website that all the journalists worldwide use for journalism stuff

so hard

I read an article about how a Saudi price paid 100000 dollars for a magic card, so the prince guy who put the money into Twitter really could just be a colossal rube.

Mohamed Bin Salman probably just wrote it off as an unexpected, but necessary cost of doing business.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
https://mobile.twitter.com/jack/status/1591299587280883712

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

dude just reading poo poo off his pills or what

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAUXTON posted:

dude just reading poo poo off his pills or what

thats how the record label 'supplement facts' started

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

oh i love this game

uhh... 34

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is this like that joke where the guys asks his doctor “how long do I have to live?” and the doctor says “10”

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick

https://twitter.com/mtuip/status/1591304384608337920?s=61&t=S-gle9gTNuXIXxXvjIl9Pg

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i love a good countdown

wasn't there one for cosby?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
how long until there is some securities fraud where some hedge fund rear end in a top hat shorts a company, creates a ton of fake verified accounts and gets the stock to drop? someone's gotta try it, right?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

clearly that’s how much the twitter debt is worth, 30 cents on the dollar.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fermun posted:

how long until there is some securities fraud where some hedge fund rear end in a top hat shorts a company, creates a ton of fake verified accounts and gets the stock to drop? someone's gotta try it, right?

honestly the thing that's probably stopping them is not knowing how good twitter would be at dodging a subpoena right now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eeyo posted:

clearly that’s how much the twitter debt is worth, 30 cents on the dollar.

well it's a holiday weekend let's see what it's at by lunch on monday

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FAUXTON posted:

honestly the thing that's probably stopping them is not knowing how good twitter would be at dodging a subpoena right now
Musk leaps into the MuskJet but that kid with the jet tracker has already migrated to Mastodon

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

FAUXTON posted:

they get their cut no matter what

lol

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

well it's a holiday weekend let's see what it's at by lunch on monday

but at lunch on monday, twitter employees will have to start paying at the company cafeteria, so musk will be making some sweet cash for twitter just right there.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fermun posted:

but at lunch on monday, twitter employees will have to start paying at the company cafeteria, so musk will be making some sweet cash for twitter just right there.

not if it posts against an overdraft

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Nessus posted:

Musk leaps into the MuskJet but that kid with the jet tracker has already migrated to Mastodon

he should have taken the money from Elon +if he'd offered the 100k) and just started a new one with a new name

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

elon musk invented the first class action lawsuit consisting entirely of corporations listed in either they S&P 500 or the DJIA basket and also the first superbowl class action lawyer ad

like we are legit gonna see goddamn halftime getting busted in half by IF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY OF BRANDS HAVE BEEN INJURED BY THIS MAN PLEASE CALL US

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick

FAUXTON posted:

elon musk invented the first class action lawsuit consisting entirely of corporations listed in either they S&P 500 or the DJIA basket and also the first superbowl class action lawyer ad

like we are legit gonna see goddamn halftime getting busted in half by IF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY OF BRANDS HAVE BEEN INJURED BY THIS MAN PLEASE CALL US

elon will retweet the ad cos more engagement on twitter amirite

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

he should have taken the money from Elon +if he'd offered the 100k) and just started a new one with a new name

I assume Musk would insist on a fairly broad "don't gently caress with me" contract.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FAUXTON posted:

competing commercial: life boring etc, try twitter it is not recommended by anyone

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

beuges posted:

elon will retweet the ad cos more engagement on twitter amirite

no he would retweet it as part of a court order though

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

ryanrs posted:

I assume Musk would insist on a fairly broad "don't gently caress with me" contract.

really?

the guy whose whole negotiation strategy amounted to blurting out "ill buy your company for $weednumber, no questions asked"?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Could Musk claim he has a brain tumor? Just go into hiding for "surgery and recovery" (rehab/intense personality repair by monks) and come out and try to use this to weasel out of contracts somehow?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

fermun posted:

has almost certainly already happened
https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1591133819918114816

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nessus posted:

Could Musk claim he has a brain tumor? Just go into hiding for "surgery and recovery" (rehab/intense personality repair by monks) and come out and try to use this to weasel out of contracts somehow?

"Hi, I'm Mylon Tusk."

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ryanrs posted:

hardcore

gently caress me in the goat rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T3YWzYuW-U

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

hardcore

l lol’d

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

hardcore

elon truly is the goat

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

EricBauman posted:

really?

the guy whose whole negotiation strategy amounted to blurting out "ill buy your company for $weednumber, no questions asked"?

I figured the gizmo-purchasing assistant would be on top of it, but maybe you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://mobile.twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1261800592915271682?lang=en