Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

inside footage from the tesla factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUhHcrHOjv8&t=10s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

ralph nader spinning in his fuckin grave rn

much like you, he's still alive.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Midjack posted:

much like you, he's still alive.

if you can call that livin

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
thread opinion: is ol' lonny going to wriggle his way out of this one?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

which one?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

theres a lot of ones in play rn u gotta be more specific

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

he is going to wriggle his way out personally

Twitter is hosed though. just look at Trump vs his dumb businesses for how it’ll go

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

rotor posted:

theres a lot of ones in play rn u gotta be more specific

i think they're all tied together

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i think owning twitter is a disaster for Musk personally but he'll continue to be a billionaire until he dies, idk if that counts as wriggling out of it or not

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

At least we can enjoy the lols he has been generating at great personal expense

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i dont think he's going to wriggle out of this one

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

rotor posted:

which one?

the bald one

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
he'll destroy twitter, sell it for pennies, and blame it on the "fascist woke mob wanting to destroy free speech"

i don't see how he ends up personally hurt by any of this but dare to dream

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Having to wake up each morning as Elon Musk is at least sort of a punishment.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cold on a Cob posted:

he'll destroy twitter, sell it for pennies, and blame it on the "fascist woke mob wanting to destroy free speech"

i'm hoping he eats poo poo, mostly from a lot of elon's net worth being tied up in his flammable car company and him showing his entire rear end. hopefully it kills confidence in the rest of his dumb poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
twitter implodes for obvious reasons, gets sued by all the huge brands
china bans tesla and calls for his execution, nhtsa also bans under pressure from congress
fed stops all spacex funding unless eelon is completely cut out because he's incompetent and works with the saudis and made fun of sen. markey

idk, it could happen

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

china bans tesla and calls for his execution, nhtsa also bans under pressure from congress
fed stops all spacex funding unless eelon is completely cut out because he's incompetent and works with the saudis and made fun of sen. markey

idk, it could happen

even if 100% of this would come true deutschebank would still give him a zero interest nine figure line of credit so he could live like the manchild he is until he dies

qirex fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 14, 2022

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i'm just trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Cold on a Cob posted:

who'd buy it?

automattic again, like with tumblr? quite a way to build a social media empire out of the hubris of billionaires and megacorps

Roosevelt posted:

idk, it could happen

elon goes to russia, because 'at least there's still freedom there' and promptly falls out of a suspicious window

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EricBauman posted:

who'd buy it?

comedy option: trump

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

EricBauman posted:

who'd buy it?

automattic again, like with tumblr? quite a way to build a social media empire out of the hubris of billionaires and megacorps

if you think about it somebody should be the computer associates of social media

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

4lokos basilisk posted:

i think the op's point was that chinese regulators would gently caress tesla over IF there was a sufficient domestic competitor. and since there is none (idk whether this is true or not), they won't care for now

lmfao

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Elon will end up in an undisclosed South American country loving whales

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

kdrudy posted:

Elon will end up in an undisclosed South American country loving whales

wales is in the uk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i cant loving believe the pdr thing except i can

you can't just wrap half a car in DO NOT OPEN - NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE and use that as a lawsuit defense. its not a clock radio

i wonder how many hundreds of thousands of dents have been pulled out of the rear quarter panel that has the filler tube on gas cars. and i wonder how many of the dent guys loving died from doing so

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gasoline is actually significantly less dangerous than high voltage lithium batteries and there isn’t really a way around that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

remember when people thought compressed hydrogen gas was a great idea to power cars?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

hobbesmaster posted:

gasoline is actually significantly less dangerous than high voltage lithium batteries and there isn’t really a way around that

we could make gasoline more dangerous

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Roosevelt posted:

elon is going to have his name legally changed to

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

are you suggesting the Senator will abuse his political power to attack me?

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

So I am not an electric car engineer, but I would have figured there would be a battery cutoff inside the battery pack. Either a mechanical contactor, or solid state, but inside the metal can with the cells. There's no reason for the charger wires to be hot unless you are actually charging. It's not as if the charging station cable is live all the time, either. There must be an electronic handshake where the charging connector verifies it's plugged in and that you've paid, etc.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ryanrs posted:

So I am not an electric car engineer, but I would have figured there would be a battery cutoff inside the battery pack. Either a mechanical contactor, or solid state, but inside the metal can with the cells. There's no reason for the charger wires to be hot unless you are actually charging. It's not as if the charging station cable is live all the time, either. There must be an electronic handshake where the charging connector verifies it's plugged in and that you've paid, etc.

the good news is if you buy literally any other OEM’s EV you have all of those safety features and more

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Jonny 290 posted:

i cant loving believe the pdr thing except i can

you can't just wrap half a car in DO NOT OPEN - NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE and use that as a lawsuit defense. its not a clock radio

i wonder how many hundreds of thousands of dents have been pulled out of the rear quarter panel that has the filler tube on gas cars. and i wonder how many of the dent guys loving died from doing so

I'd like to believe there has to be more to the story, especially since we don't have a source linked yet. If it was so easy to short out, there would be more stories of Tesla owners getting zapped in a rainstorm when water would get in behind that panel. Then again if your doing PDR and one of your tools is leveraging against the cable without you knowing it, I can see someone breaking the insulation on the cable and being baptized in the holy voltage of a Tesla.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

so the batteries DONT have a manual disconnect?? this is very confusing, my solution is to never touch a tesla or let my children near them.

edit: like idk, i feel like there needs to be a way to render all of the car safe to touch, that doesn't seem like a high bar.

yeah i think they demonstrated it in the hurt locker

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

hobbesmaster posted:

he is going to wriggle his way out personally

Twitter is hosed though. just look at Trump vs his dumb businesses for how it’ll go

yeah but in this case the lawyers are getting paid

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

EricBauman posted:

who'd buy it?

elon goes to russia, because 'at least there's still freedom there' and promptly falls out of a suspicious window

d'elonstrated

for the trifecta

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

rotor posted:

i think owning twitter is a disaster for Musk personally but he'll continue to be a billionaire until he dies, idk if that counts as wriggling out of it or not

he'll stay a billionaire but if we work hard we can make sure he's miserable for the rest of his life anyway

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
https://twitter.com/wtb6chiny/status/1591898751324811264

Elon Bluth

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/ShortingIsFun/status/1591941778424401922

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005