Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

champagne posting posted:

that does not matter to billionaires

if twitter goes down, tesla is coming down with it though, and then ol' musky is no longer a billionaire and suddenly vulnerable like the rest of us

He's got enough horses for a lifetime of handjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Beeftweeter posted:

if he were really smart he'd just offer to buy the debt for $0.60 on the dollar or whatever. hes not though

Yeah that's where I pulled 7-10b from, just offering 50-70%ish for the 13b

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

That would be throwing good money after bad.

so his MO

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Twerk from Home posted:

Imagine buying a house, setting it on fire, then telling the mortgage company "hey I'm not gonna pay you back, want to settle for less"?

pro move imo

mystes
May 31, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

Imagine buying a house, setting it on fire, then telling the mortgage company "hey I'm not gonna pay you back, want to settle for less"?
Apparently the more money involved the better it works

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what does elon think will happen

does he think that 20% of people resign and then the rest of the staff is Bought In to His Vision

does he know that there's no way that fewer than 2/3 of the company is taking the money, does he think that's a good outcome

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

does he think that 20% of people resign and then the rest of the staff is Bought In to His Vision

does he know that there's no way that fewer than 2/3 of the company is taking the money, does he think that's a good outcome
Yes he thinks everyone will click yes

What will actually happen is too many people will refuse, he'll pretend it didn't happen, and then people will sue for the severance

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

He knows that he can keep his visa employees regardless and treat them like garbage.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
He just want to make sure only the most zealous bootlickers stay

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Considering the sheer amount of misinformation libs of tiktok publish, that he follows them enough to be a first-responder and not replying to someone @'ing him is par for the course.

Also just sad and funny that multiple news outlets published pieces like “Musk works like 25 hours a day” then he logs on and does this:

24 hours doing what, searching for mentions of his own loving name?

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 16, 2022

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/adamndsmith/status/1592803343059283968

Ah yes, three things that will have advertisers clawing for a chance to advertise on the site. Fascism, scams and nudity.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Well he did say hardcore Twitter

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
all in one: nazi nude nfts

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Pinterest Mom posted:

within the context of everything he is doing it’s not his worst move. it gets rid of his distractions and allows him and whatever remains of his team to focus on the project.

obviously, in the realm of actually running a functioning business or being a decent human being, this is incredibly stupid and abhorrent.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fins posted:

rare nude hitlers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Missing Donut posted:

within the context of everything he is doing it’s not his worst move. it gets rid of his distractions and allows him and whatever remains of his team to focus on the project.

obviously, in the realm of actually running a functioning business or being a decent human being, this is incredibly stupid and abhorrent.

"the project" presumably being shovelling themselves out from under the ashes of the platform that has completely immolated for lack of maintenance and moderation

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Missing Donut posted:

isn't there a solid chance that by 5 pm tomorrow, there isn't a company to speak of anymore

we've all seen how Twitter reliability has been degrading since the first round of layoffs! if he loses half of what's left in staff, and that might include what's left of entire key departments, how is that not his worst move

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I keep remembering this moment in 5th grade where one girl wrote "Do you like me? Circle one
Yes No" and showed it to her friend, who circled yes.

mystes posted:

Yes he thinks everyone will click yes

This made me think of it again.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

infernal machines posted:

"the project" presumably being shovelling themselves out from under the ashes of the platform that has completely immolated for lack of maintenance and moderation

if anyone knows about being a company that deals with ashes, it’s the tesla ceo

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
has the trial started yet?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Coco13 posted:

I keep remembering this moment in 5th grade where one girl wrote "Do you like me? Circle one
Yes No" and showed it to her friend, who circled yes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*clears throat* Anschluß Pösterreichs

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

isn't there a solid chance that by 5 pm tomorrow, there isn't a company to speak of anymore

we've all seen how Twitter reliability has been degrading since the first round of layoffs! if he loses half of what's left in staff, and that might include what's left of entire key departments, how is that not his worst move

sure there’s a chance, but twitter is pretty resilient. it’s not the fail whale era any longer. the longer things go on the more likely there will be a major break that can’t be easily fixed, for sure.

as i said earlier, doing this isn’t going to help him run a functioning business. what it will do is allow Elon to settle back into his comfort zone of a cult leader.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

poo poo is definitely hosed internally, the "verified" secondary badge is probably a decent indication of that. they're not turning it on and off, but caching is hosed and depending on what servers you connect through you're getting an entirely different version of the site at times.

load up any tweet with a badge, or something listing trending topics, and refresh a bunch of times and see what you get. it's possible suspended accounts are visible at times if you refresh enough

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Tesseraction posted:

*clears throat* Anschluß Pösterreichs

ein post, ein platform, ein elon

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

youd have to be insane or desperate to keep working there by now

it's going to be full of people on visas who need to stay in the us

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don’t remember if it was mentioned here but tweets from locked accounts are showing up in search, too. kind of a problem

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

a little cross pollination from cspam

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

akadajet posted:

it's going to be full of people on visas who need to stay in the us

yep this is exactly it

the 60 day H1-B grace period is in my experience enough time to find a new gig, so long as 1) the clock doesn't start right when US end-of-year holidays start to stack up and 2) hiring is slowing across the board, which unnnnnfortunately for folks right now

(edit: also if you have an off-cycle vesting schedule, then there might be value in stringing the company along until you get a pile of transmogrified twitterbux)

Dijkstracula fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 16, 2022

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

infernal machines posted:

don't    enter
tweets   inside

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

champagne posting posted:

ein post, ein platform, ein elon

ein reich, ein post, ein fuckhead

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
the funniest timeline

https://twitter.com/EricNewcomer/status/1592898618297843713

https://twitter.com/TSM/status/1592895845334032384
https://twitter.com/TSM/status/1592896436177600513

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

oh this tattoo? it stands for “the musk the”

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

fins posted:

Boered Ape Smut Club

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Chalks posted:

Wait, so he fired 50% of the workforce then did some weird voluntary severance thing after?

he's finally realized he's not going to get "hardcore" work out of people are spending their whole workday sending out resumes because they hate this fucker and his ridiculous deadlines and his open contempt for Twitter's workforce

and he's not gonna change the way he runs stuff, nor is he going to do anything at all to restore morale, so they're all definitely going to leave regardless

so might as well add them to the layoffs now so he knows just how many sycophants he's going to have to hire to replace them

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

fins posted:

YOSPOS > $8chan: nazi nude nfts

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1592907968131239941

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"no but I've been sued plenty" is a hilarious response to "are you trained as a lawyer". why can't that comedic timing come through in his posts.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lmfao sovereign citizen defense hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

post hole digger posted:

"no but I've been sued plenty" is a hilarious response to "are you trained as a lawyer". why can't that comedic timing come through in his posts.

he is only funny because a smarter man is setting him up for pratfalls