Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Pink theory confirmed!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Stop, Vegapunk! Don't create the Internet!! :ohdear:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I can't wait to see what shenanigans the bug lightsaber causes forty chapters from now.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

so I wonder how punk records is linked to rogers big egg...?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Star Platinum posted:

Stop, Vegapunk! Don't create the Internet!! :ohdear:

Can you imagine how hosed the World Government would be if the internet existed in that universe? No wonder they want Vegapunk dead. :v:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I just hope Vegapunk sticks around for a bit longer. Could see CP0 Buster-calling the island and blowing up his brain.

Also egg on me, it is just Punk Records. Always fun to speculate.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1593114872409391105?t=jFPHy3zElSAkj4gKn_JAYg&s=19

from a Q&A I saw TCB did yesterday when asked about the other translation being commented on here

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Big brain... up in the sky... distributed processing across instances of a global knowledge repository... Vegapunk quite literally invented cloud computing :eek:

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

grieving for Gandalf posted:

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1593114872409391105?t=jFPHy3zElSAkj4gKn_JAYg&s=19

from a Q&A I saw TCB did yesterday when asked about the other translation being commented on here

Does TCB have a Patreon?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I DM'd TCB last week to point out a small grammatical error. They "liked" my message and fixed it, so I'm basically a speedscanner AMA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnime/status/1593016064413007872?s=20&t=vAW-X0NIJRUcoFiypgCV0g

:zoro:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
And here's the TCB release early

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5538/one-piece-chapter-1067?2022-11-176742

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Punk Records the internet?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

GOD THIS IS ALL SO loving COOL

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Pretty minor note compared to other things happening in the chapter but It seems Kaku's new mask may have been influenced by a certain sniper king

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OH MY GOD Y'ALL WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE PINK THING

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait for Luffy to not recognize Rob until Hattori takes his mask off.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jimbei will be the worlds first Wikipedia editor

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Chopper, gaining access to the vast medical knowledge stored on Punk Records, discovers it's about as useful as WebMD

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vegapedia the Free Encyclopedia

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The Something Punk Forums > The Finer Arts > World Government Comicstrips > Sora, Warrior of the Sea Thread (Spoilers okay)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

But for real if the WG knew about Punk Records then that's the biggest reason CP0 is there. No loving way that won't be used to spread out the Void Century truth, especially considering Vegapunk memorized all of Ohara's books.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Strawhats are gonna take Punk Records with them and have a giant egg with them just like Roger.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The artificial devil fruit being a "failure" because it's pink is funny but also essentially confirms that Vegapunk can successfully create copies of devil fruits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bleck posted:

The artificial devil fruit being a "failure" because it's pink is funny but also essentially confirms that Vegapunk can successfully create copies of devil fruits.

No he can't because the dragon was pink

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm relieved that youngpunk's head was the result of a devil fruit. So we never have to see that again.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Franky should eat a devil fruit since he can probably just install a buoyancy modification

Also I just realized that when Kaku went under the Sunny to check its keel, that was probably the last time he ever swam.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

No Wave posted:

I'm relieved that youngpunk's head was the result of a devil fruit. So we never have to see that again.

gently caress that. i want a full on tragic flashback where skyscraper-skull vegapunk sobs "i wadda liiiiiiiive"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Seeing Vegapunk's gigantic head had awoken a deep memory of a cartoon I vaguely remember where a space captain landed on a planet where the people had big heads and they had to use supports to hold their heads. I think it was a short in the What a Cartoon series.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Mraagvpeine posted:

Seeing Vegapunk's gigantic head had awoken a deep memory of a cartoon I vaguely remember where a space captain landed on a planet where the people had big heads and they had to use supports to hold their heads. I think it was a short in the What a Cartoon series.

I had to find this because I remember it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2UAkAn9LTo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I cannot believe this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtk2fG6sraE

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Vegapunk is everything I hoped he would be and more :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

:sickos:

I loving adore Vegapunk.

But my absolute favorite part of the (amazing!) chapter was "Look, a stag beetle! :haw:"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also like the silhouette of Vegapunk's head extending behind the two panels above it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the fuckin island being shaped like the straw hat is driving me insane. TELL US WHY SO MANY THINGS ARE SHAPED THAT WAY ALREADY

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the one pink is real

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

I also like the silhouette of Vegapunk's head extending behind the two panels above it

lmao i never noticed that, that owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Japanese name for Vegapunk's fruit is just exceptional and I can't wait to hear it said in the anime :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

it's a fantastic little detail that had me grinning from ear to ear :allears: