Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jerusalem posted:

The Japanese name for Vegapunk's fruit is just exceptional and I can't wait to hear it said in the anime :allears:

And here I thought Film Red talking about "Uta no Uta-Uta No Mi no uta" was a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The Punk Record Makes You Stupid

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

OK Vegapunk in all forms is great but is anyone else really squicked out by Vegapunk Prime just walking around with an uncovered empty skull? Jesus does that give me the jibblies.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I like the apple hat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
good, because it is an apple prosthetic skull.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Weird to remember the 14th anniversary of the day that nothing happened.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Was the Zoro smiley made after the manga panel or the anime scene?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yes

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

This actually matters because I need to know if it's the manga thread in early 2008 or the anime thread in late 2008 I need to look through.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Checked them. The manga thread circa that period has no trace of the smiley from what I could find, while the anime thread implied it was already made before the anime reached that point.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
gonna rule with "whatever no mi" was a pun this whole time and devil fruits are the brains of the people who were part of the ancient kingdom or whatever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anime was right posted:

gonna rule with "whatever no mi" was a pun this whole time and devil fruits are the brains of the people who were part of the ancient kingdom or whatever

The official translation could probably run with it with a fruit of knowledge metaphor

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I will loving laugh if Lucci takes off his mask and Luffy is like "uh, who's this guy? never seen him before".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I will loving laugh if Lucci takes off his mask and Luffy is like "uh, who's this guy? never seen him before".

Then Hattori takes off its mask and Luffy is like "YOU"

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Waffleman_ posted:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Everything is about to change once Franky introduces Vegapunk to using cola as a fuel source.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Funky Valentine posted:

Kaku shows up and Luffy's like,"Its Sogeking! I can finally introduce you to Usopp! :neckbeard:"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Kaku shows up and Luffy's like,"Its Sogeking! I can finally introduce you to Usopp! :neckbeard:"

nah, there’s just gonna be a moment where Luffy can’t handle the betrayal of his stalwart mysterious ally Sniper King…and then the true Sniper King shows up to save the day.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

This but it goes masked Lucci -> unmasked Lucci -> hybrid form Lucci before Luffy notices the pigeon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last Celebration posted:

nah, there’s just gonna be a moment where Luffy can’t handle the betrayal of his stalwart mysterious ally Sniper King…and then the true Sniper King shows up to save the day.

:shobon::hf::unsmith:

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the lovely translation really did miss a lot of details this week

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

anime was right posted:

this is definitely accurate at least directionally btw. idt it can be a coincidence that right as we're learning the "truth" of these things we're introduced to a character that can move personalities around bodies, and that comes pretty immediately after learning about devil fruits having "wills" (at least zoans).

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
also vegapunk's apple antenna, fruit = brain ... ?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Devil fruits taste bad because you are eating a brain.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Who knew that Vegapunk was from Zalem all along.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Do the other Vegapunks share Prime Vegapunk's inability to swim as well?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tbp posted:

this is definitely accurate at least directionally btw. idt it can be a coincidence that right as we're learning the "truth" of these things we're introduced to a character that can move personalities around bodies, and that comes pretty immediately after learning about devil fruits having "wills" (at least zoans).

i can buy that all of them have some kind of will. the fruits in general have always had a weird destiny thing going on at least in regards to who ingests them, it never seems to happen normally and is always either extremely dramatic or a weird quirk of fate

like if you leave one of those things unattended for longer than 2 seconds someone will likely be chowing down on it even if nobody knows what it actually is

e: of course this could also be because most residents of this world are hungry little goblins

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 18, 2022

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

if I were to split myself into multiple aspects I would simply not make an "evil" one

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

Devil fruits taste bad because you are eating a brain.

Chilled Monkey brains... :ohdear:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bitmap posted:

if I were to split myself into multiple aspects I would simply not make an "evil" one

Sorry, if you break your brain up into it's component aspects Freud and the boys insist that some of those components are real sketchy. Though Oda being a nice guy, he probably just consolidated a lot of the Thanatos and "Wanna gently caress your mom" regions into EVIL.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lilith doesn't really seem that evil, at least by One Piece standards. Maybe Vegapunk is just a nice guy overall.

What I want to know is how one of them psychically poops for all the others.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

With her butt

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's the innate psychological need to feel like you pooped. Not the innate physical need to actually poop.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyges posted:

It's the innate psychological need to feel like you pooped. Not the innate physical need to actually poop.

Yeah at least 2 of them seem to be robots.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-JIVwhf2_4

AmaLee released another Uta cover. If she does them all, it'd probably be neat to see a version of the dub edited with her songs in.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many songs are in the movie?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think about seven or eight?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

There's also a 8th song that's in the album but not the movie, and is a cover of Bink's Sake.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-WdGYi9Pv4

Because like you've got a big singer doing songs for your One Piece movie, are you just gonna NOT have her sing Binks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The movie made me buy an Ado album she’s really good