Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

right-wingers are famously sensitive to the exploitation of foreign labour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Arms_Akimbo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593899029531803649?t=KjeN3iJ5oB9d99LtSERs3A&s=19

I bet those guys have ten shirts in their desk drawer to make sure they're wearing the same color as musk

did he delete it, or is it just twitter shittiness that's making it not load right now?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

EricBauman posted:

did he delete it, or is it just twitter shittiness that's making it not load right now?

the later, keep reloading until it shows up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
keep posting, I'm reloading

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

right-wingers are famously sensitive to the exploitation of foreign labour

normally that labour is located in the foreign country though.

i think its going to be another cop out cognitive dissonance take. they will claim that h1bs are simultaneoustly not as good as native born americans, but then whoever helps elon root out the sjws should be considered war heroes or something.

none of that stuff needs to make any sense beyond what is the context in the moment and how to use it to "own the libs"

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

when will society figure out that social media at scale should not exist

we do not have to use every poo poo technology that silicon valley inflicts upon the world

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

4lokos basilisk posted:

normally that labour is located in the foreign country though.

i think its going to be another cop out cognitive dissonance take. they will claim that h1bs are simultaneoustly not as good as native born americans, but then whoever helps elon root out the sjws should be considered war heroes or something.

none of that stuff needs to make any sense beyond what is the context in the moment and how to use it to "own the libs"

lol no

donald trump famously hired only h1bs for mar-a-lago

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

lol no

not even h1bs, seasonal workers

h1bs have at least (laughably low, not indexed for inflation) salary and educational requirements

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

3hands posted:

we do not have to use every poo poo technology that silicon valley inflicts upon the world

It's this.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

not even h1bs, seasonal workers

h1bs have at least (laughably low, not indexed for inflation) salary and educational requirements

oh right. like i think one of the requirements was a public job listing for locals which he buried in page like d-4 of the palm beach post lol

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

lol no

yes thats what i am saying. it won't matter since right wing worldview is not logic based or internally consistent

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

3hands posted:

hence mastodon

a Google+ with a Twitter skin that makes it utterly unusable for hellsite attention whores and boy howdy do they HATE that

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I had a thought: if Twitter is bankrupt before Parags lawsuit about getting hosed out of his golden parachute arrives, can he go after Elon?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

4lokos basilisk posted:

i wonder how are all the right wingers coping with elon's hardcore team being mostly h1bs who cant afford to quit because of visa issues

they don't care, they'll just assume they're all space-fillers until Elon can hire a bunch of real hardcore engineers to replace the people who left

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beeftweeter posted:

lol he took the girdle off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The group photo definitely seems to imply that most of the people staying are foreigners on visas who can't be out of work.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Thirteenth Amendment

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for a Grimes....

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Shame Boy posted:

i too secrete grenades

caves of qud

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

The group photo definitely seems to imply that most of the people staying are foreigners on visas who can't be out of work.

how can you tell

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

how can you tell

lol

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Pinterest Mom posted:

how can you tell

Very good at detecting Canadians.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Very good at detecting Canadians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUSsEch7dZA

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
currently enjoying the 72 hr golden age of mastodon before it gets overrun by shitcoin spambots and their industrial-scale sewage emissions while everybody on the network sits there with a shocked look on their face stammering "b-b-b-but it's decentralized"

though in the grand tradition of offsites mastodon currently consists mostly of talking about mastodon, twitter, and the occasional "hey here's a cool photo i took"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Thirteenth Amendment

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for a Grimes....

lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/bonzobudy/status/1593900728384307201?s=46&t=9xNVU3ZiACoGxUVGZWl-pQ

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/NotBrunoAgain/status/1593456775545720836

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

these are the people who argue on reddit about the age of consent all day

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Sapozhnik posted:

currently enjoying the 72 hr golden age of mastodon before it gets overrun by shitcoin spambots and their industrial-scale sewage emissions while everybody on the network sits there with a shocked look on their face stammering "b-b-b-but it's decentralized"

though in the grand tradition of offsites mastodon currently consists mostly of talking about mastodon, twitter, and the occasional "hey here's a cool photo i took"

you don't get free amplification via algorithm so idk if that's worth the effort

a lot of these things only exist on Twitter because it's Twitter

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the return of federated or independent forums and the destruction of mass scale social media is the end goal of communism. in this essay I will

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

elon squinting hard at the diagram: "remove 42.0 percent of it. Lol. Hardcore.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

is this an AS IS or TO BE diagram? either way it seems oversimplified af
real twitter architecture probably looks like one of those pentagon afganistan slides

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

you don't get free amplification via algorithm so idk if that's worth the effort

a lot of these things only exist on Twitter because it's Twitter

you don't get amplification on email or newsgroups either and that never stopped anybody

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
https://twitter.com/bprainsack/status/1593923668786049024?s=46&t=FnrEpu6SbnndwzkEJ7LgRw

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Besides mastodon totally has a feed of high engagement threads so in that sense it does seem to have an "algorithm"

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Good loving god lol

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
well they were talking about having a thousand or so microservices, but that looks like a reasonable top-level diagram

with some really lol information on it, like they haven’t bothered to get android off the deprecated frontend api yet

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
https://twitter.com/freedom_scribe/status/1593963316711653376?s=46&t=jUeH653O69PVLrx0BNt2bQ

It’s kinda crazy that everyone just forgot that half the company was fired before the “hardcore” email went out. I’m sure there was no discrimination in the stack ranking when that happened.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm brave enough to say it:

old twitter probably had a sexism problem

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm brave enough to say it:

old twitter probably had a sexism problem

Every Silicon Valley company that I can think of has massive diversity and discrimination issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

tora boera