Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bug Bug Fruit Model Stag Beetle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

That beetle is going to get a higher bounty than Chopper after this arc.

:hmmyes:

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 21, 2022

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Waffleman_ posted:

Bug Bug Fruit Model Stag Beetle

Doesn't one of the Tontatta Pirates have that Zoan fruit power? Or maybe it's a different beetle. I definitely remember there being a band of Elite Tontatta Soldiers with devil fruits, and one of them having a big beetle devil fruit.

Begemot posted:

You just KNOW that the bug-attracting lightsaber is going to be critical to the resolution of this arc

Yep. Someone Kaku is going to be deathly afraid of insects, and Usopp will take them out with a powerful swing of the Bug Saber.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
And what about the fellow who trained Usopp during the time skip?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

i am tim! posted:

Doesn't one of the Tontatta Pirates have that Zoan fruit power? Or maybe it's a different beetle. I definitely remember there being a band of Elite Tontatta Soldiers with devil fruits, and one of them having a big beetle devil fruit.

Yep. Someone Kaku is going to be deathly afraid of insects, and Usopp will take them out with a powerful swing of the Bug Saber.

It's gonna be Lucci so he can take Law's place as the overly serious character who's the butt of many jokes.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New Oddysey trailer, this time focusing on Water Seven’s gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki8Efgdl8wc

EDIT: Also, AmaLee just dropped a cover of Blacklight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PofRQAGLc

Exia fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 21, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/bettyfelon/status/1594552698770276353?t=z5aiwOaTiDqJRPaqqLo27Q&s=19

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
"Huh. Smells like hot dogs." (is what I said the first time I saw Luffy go Gear 2 in the anime)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
do you think vegapunks individual bodies could each eat a different devil fruit or is it limited to one for the aggregate

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

do you think vegapunks individual bodies could each eat a different devil fruit or is it limited to one for the aggregate
Seraphims are clones and have eaten devil fruits or somehow otherwise had DF powers given to them. No reason the same couldn’t be applied to Vegapunk clones I guess. Unless having a piece of a Nomi Nomi no Mi brain inside your body makes you a Nomi Nomi human…? Could depend on whether the fruit was given to the body before or after it had the brain implanted.

Also, what happens if you chop up a Gomu Gomu Brain and put it in other people? Do they also become Gomu Gomu humans?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, no, because the Gomu Gomu Fruit doesn't exist

They become Nikas

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just had flashbacks to other giant brained cartoon characters. First is from Men in Black when Agent J accidentally became super smart and if he doesn't reverse it, his head will get bigger and eventually explode. The second is from Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot where they had a monster of the week that got smarter by eating people's brains.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Exia posted:

Pre-timeskip Franky :hellyeah:

Loved "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A GRANNY?!?! .....Wait! I AM a granny! :aaa:"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

i am tim! posted:

We already know Sanjis afraid of bugs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol wait I just realized if the "devil fruits are a person's will formed into a fruit" theory people have been posting in the thread recently is accurate, then jaburo(? the wolf dude from cp9) was right about devil fruits having spirits in them that tear you apart if you eat two of them

ODA DOES IT AGAIN!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

People who read on multiple devices, the SJ app just updated to include synced reading across devices! Gods be praised!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe the answer to how Blackbeard gets multiple fruits is that he can tell if their wills are compatible. Or the Darkness fruit's will is so chill on it's own that you can have another will alongside it.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Or it's so dominant there's no reason to fight.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

People who read on multiple devices, the SJ app just updated to include synced reading across devices! Gods be praised!

Hell yes, maybe I'll finally use my SJ subscription to read series besides One Piece now that I don't have to keep track of where I am with a browser window I never close

Probably not though

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
A theory occurred to me that I haven't seen mentioned yet: Zoro's sword all ate DF, just not zoans. Pumping haki into them activates the power, and just carrying them causes subtle effects to happen. The "cursed" kitetsu sword contains the three headed Ashura, causing Zoro's constant disorientation. Enma has the grim reaper, and it is why Kaido saw Oden when Zoro attacked. Wado Ichimonji could carry Kuina's will or another fruit that has been manifesting in other subtle ways throughout the story. It survived a Mihawk level direct attack, so it could be indestructible.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Exia posted:

EDIT: Also, AmaLee just dropped a cover of Blacklight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PofRQAGLc

Big Hut is real

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Minion of Freya posted:

A theory occurred to me that I haven't seen mentioned yet: Zoro's sword all ate DF, just not zoans. Pumping haki into them activates the power, and just carrying them causes subtle effects to happen. The "cursed" kitetsu sword contains the three headed Ashura, causing Zoro's constant disorientation. Enma has the grim reaper, and it is why Kaido saw Oden when Zoro attacked. Wado Ichimonji could carry Kuina's will or another fruit that has been manifesting in other subtle ways throughout the story. It survived a Mihawk level direct attack, so it could be indestructible.

This theory sucks rear end.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think it's well established that some swords in OP are incredibly powerful objects, and Zoro is very good at wielding them (through hard work and determination)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Probably one of the most important aspects of a story like this leading up to its ending is that it needs to allow some mysteries to remain mysteries, or the world of one piece will be stripped of its wonder.

If we ever get a more detailed explanation of the Florian Triangle shadows I'll be so disappointed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't ever explain The Large Bridge That We Have Been Building For A Thousand Years

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what did zoro want from vegapunk i wonder

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

anime was right posted:

Lightsaber.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

yo can you make me a dragon radar to always find our ship?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anime was right posted:

A sword he could hold with his foot so four swords

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

weighted gi

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Viridiant posted:

Probably one of the most important aspects of a story like this leading up to its ending is that it needs to allow some mysteries to remain mysteries, or the world of one piece will be stripped of its wonder.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Viridiant posted:

If we ever get a more detailed explanation of the Florian Triangle shadows I'll be so disappointed.

Slightly disagree. Actually not answering the huge mysteries of the series for 1000 is definitely a super power of this story – but I do think solving those mysteries, especially at this point in the story, is fine so long as he sticks the landing.

Attack on Titan and Game of Throne's final bits aren't bad because they revealed stuff, it's just that the revelations were so clunky, depressing, and bad that it retrospectively ruined a lot of those stories.

This wasn't necessarily one of the long-term mysteries, but Luffy's fruit actually being a Cartoon-cartoon one instead of Rubber is an A+ sticking the landing. Vega Punk's design? Holy poo poo, A++.

A minor, but amusing solved mystery was why Sanji's posters always said Alive/Dead. Again, just a great sticking there,

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't ever explain The Large Bridge That We Have Been Building For A Thousand Years

Wasn't it some low tech, slaveinmate built take on the Sea Train concept?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
learning the mysteries are important if oda puts certain emphasis on them. the florian triangle and gin are whatever (even if i want to see gin for a single panel or something). those aren't mysteries related to the main plot. knowing who joyboy was or whatever? yeah. we need to know that. devil fruits. the moon. all that poo poo is stuff we need.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

they explained tht though right? celestial dragon said build a bridge, six hundred years later theyre still workin on it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

A good friend of ours has been working with some of his buddies in the Bridge Builder's Union Local 56 to drag the job out so we can skim some foam, if you know what I mean, and it's been working great these past few centuries.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gin is the Launch of one piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

SyntheticPolygon posted: