Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they don't run those no more, just these now

i ride them just about daily and they're quite nice

the system is a bit of a mess at the moment thanks to roadworks throughout the city core, but it's still better than nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jony neuemonic posted:

I know better than to believe this without proof but dear god I want to

i mean it matches pretty well with my dad's descriptions of spacex from his visits

though he's never really talked about how the company is managed or set up (because it wasn't his job to worry about that and he absolutely avoids thinking about or talking about corporate management poo poo if at all possible) he has described how the factory itself is set up and how the various things, like, work together at spacex, and parts of it definitely sounded like they were built specifically to be internally showy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
it's so loving stupid

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
i need elon to do something dumb today, idk if i can take two more pages of wok chat

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

rotor posted:

i need elon to do something dumb today, idk if i can take two more pages of wok chat

what if elon does something stupid with a wok

what then rotor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

what then rotor

i will resign from my position at yospos

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
whens the last time elon musk has cooked a meal from ingredients

shinmai
Oct 9, 2007

CHK Instruction

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

what then rotor

*shakey video of him walking in holding a wok*
"you could say im cock of the wok :v:"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ugh you know he'd make ching chong noises in that video

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

champagne posting posted:

if this was 1973 would elon sign up to fight in the Rhodesian bush war?

Elon dodged the South African draft for whatever that's worth

shinmai
Oct 9, 2007

CHK Instruction

Jonny 290 posted:

ugh you know he'd make ching chong noises in that video

or gently caress up the stolen joke and go "let that cock in" while tossing the pan intoa a pile of sinks and cookware in Twitter's lobby

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

:pray:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

if you resign, you dont get your yospos rsus paid out, and you cant apply for unemployment insurance

bad move imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

shinmai posted:

or gently caress up the stolen joke and go "let that cock in" while tossing the pan intoa a pile of sinks and cookware in Twitter's lobby

he'd definitely get his ethnic chefs confused and careen between bad impressions

chip chop nintendo wok ahhh bork bork ima play fancy chef-a, mamma wii-a *slips on banana peel*

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

rotor posted:

buttcoin
https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1595105196413448192

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

technically any non-zero value is higher

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's so loving stupid

thats how you know its true

like this:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1595105171746570244

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol:

quote:

French regulator warns Twitter of legal duty to moderate misinformation, hate

The letter sent by Arcom gives Twitter a deadline of Nov. 24 by which it should confirm that it can still adhere to its obligations under French law to moderate content.

France’s digital regulator has asked Twitter to confirm that it can still meet its legal obligations to moderate harmful content and misinformation as the company undergoes a major reorganization, including layoffs of half the company’s workforce, under the ownership of Elon Musk.

The head of Arcom, the French regulator for digital and audiovisual communication, expressed “deep concern” in a letter to Twitter about how the chaos and staff erosion that have characterized Musk’s first weeks as owner and CEO since his $44 billion purchase of Twitter last month could affect the company’s ability to “maintain a safe environment for users of its service” in France.

Roch-Olivier Maistre, president of Arcom, noted in the letter, dated Friday, that Twitter “is one of the most used online platforms in France,” and said the turmoil at the company “raises systemic issues regarding the faithfulness of democratic debate and the public safety.”
He gave Twitter until Nov. 24 to respond to Arcom’s concerns.

Twitter did not respond to a request for comment from The Washington Post about the letter.

Twitter, the letter said, is responsible for fighting against “the manipulation of information” and “the dissemination of online hate speech” on its platform under French law, and Arcom is responsible for ensuring that Twitter adheres to its obligations, including on transparency. At the same time, Twitter should respect its users’ freedom of expression, it said.

If Twitter fails to implement measures to moderate online hate, the regulator has the power to put the platform on notice and, in some cases, impose fines of up to $20.5 million, or 6 percent of global revenue for the previous fiscal year.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

oh my god what if he’s trying to monetize the rot of all his reply bot scammers? it’s clear he only knows about twitter from his own personal experience with it

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

for once, having almost zero revenue pays off!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

so there's a lot of this stuff in many different countries and dollars to donuts elon just shutters his business in those countries like all the lovely little sites did when gdpr rolled around.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

oh my god what if he’s trying to monetize the rot of all his reply bot scammers? it’s clear he only knows about twitter from his own personal experience with it

lmao

"all these guys seem to be really interested in bitcoin and making payments and giveaways and stuff ... we should really enable that use case if its so popular"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

so there's a lot of this stuff in many different countries and dollars to donuts elon just shutters his business in those countries like all the lovely little sites did when gdpr rolled around.

france isn't a small market though and more importantly to him it's a fairly moneyed one

there's also the new EU-wide DCA but idk the deets on that really, i'm not sure what kind of penalties there might be. some eurogoon help me out here

e: oops DSA. shows what i know lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 22, 2022

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

france isn't a small market though and more importantly to him it's a fairly moneyed one

there's also the new EU-wide DCA but idk the deets on that really, i'm not sure what kind of penalties there might be. some eurogoon help me out here

do you really think elon is gonna let some government tell him what to do?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my mans gonna take his ball and go home

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beeftweeter posted:

he’s elon musk. They will exempt him from it and beg him to return!!!!! I am eenveenceebul

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

the guy that loves the taste of authoritative boot? surely not

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dude hired a whole analytics team to tell him that most peoples replies are filled with thousands of bots and didn’t believe them when they found the opposite

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

rotor posted:

100 foot Ed Markey looms over the horizon

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
I have seen a picture of the rocket penis cake

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sailor Doom posted:

thats a cute little train. would ride

it looks like it beeps adorably

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quiggy posted:

muskitodes

muskiturds

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

fortunately, twitter will have no revenue very soon, so that puts the cap on that fine at 20.5 million

that must be a relief

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

raminasi posted:

it looks like it beeps adorably

They had lovely metal bells that made a classic "ding," and by some small miracle the new ones do as well

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1595127540397449217

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

just change everything to net90

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ah, the Trump playbook

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

ah, the Trump playbook

nobody gets rich by paying bills

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

yeah tell Oracle to give you a discount or Tesla will never work with you again that’ll work

Didn’t Larry put up some of the buyout money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

looking forward to musk tweeting thru thanksgiving + the long weekend, doubt he has much to do during the holiday when people get together with people that care about them

guessing he might up his dosage a bit to celebrate :pray: