Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
weird how guys like elon never give examples of what they mean specifically and always leave that to the reply guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
it's almost as if they won't want the nyt to have a headline like "elon musk thinks trans people are pedophiles"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kazinsal posted:

if it's pushing civilization towards suicide then by all means, he can go first

get your rear end to mars

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol it's like some newspaper that complained that comedians were all too far left and the right wing ones were being censored by the woke mafia, and someone just fired back "there are plenty of right wing comedians but they're not loving funny so nobody wants to book them"
there are right-leaning comedians who can tell a loving joke. these guys are supremely unfunny because all they do is bitch bitch bitch and bully people weaker than them. bitch bitch bitch, whine whine whine.

GUTFELD!

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014

lol it's like some newspaper that complained that comedians were all too far left and the right wing ones were being censored by the woke mafia, and someone just fired back "there are plenty of right wing comedians but they're not loving funny so nobody wants to book them"

What do you mean right wing comedians aren’t funny?

Have you heard the one that goes

“My gender is teh epic monkey cheese XD”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Nessus posted:

there are right-leaning comedians who can tell a loving joke. these guys are supremely unfunny because all they do is bitch bitch bitch and bully people weaker than them. bitch bitch bitch, whine whine whine.

GUTFELD!

yeah like bill maher, he knows how to tell and land a joke but he basically just bitches and moans all the time so he’s usually not funny

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I am neither right nor left wing. please ignore how everything I say is extremely right-wing.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's almost as if they won't want the nyt to have a headline like "elon musk thinks trans people are pedophiles"

didnt have this problem with divers

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I heard musk is taking a bunch of kids to mars in his rocket (the SS Ghislaine) like some sort of pedo guy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nessus posted:

GUTFELD!

Good long-form video on why right-wing comedy tends to blow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSXKzPOcYDU

Main takeaway being modern right-wing 'comedians' are too busy being furious at the people they're punching down at that they forget to tell a joke.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Whenever someone says they're not right or left wing they are definitely right-wing fascists

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
almost certainly. once in awhile they are left wing anarchists but there's no loving way that describes ol' musky

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
im not right wing, but hollywood treating trans people humanely once in a while and black people getting starring roles is driving me to suicide

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol I replied to someone calling Musk biased by agreeing and now have a bunch of bazingas claiming that if he was biased then surely I wouldn't be allowed to post anything and therefore I'm wrong and stupid. The genius of these freaks.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Cold on a Cob posted:

almost certainly. once in awhile they are left wing anarchists but there's no loving way that describes ol' musky

left wing anarchists usually just say they're lefty anarchists instead of dancing around the subject

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

champagne posting posted:

left wing anarchists usually just say they're lefty anarchists instead of dancing around the subject

yeah true i just more mean the people that don't even know what they are who, when prompted to describe their beliefs, describe themselves as such without naming it. i've met a few centre and right libertarians who are in this boat as well. a lot of people are unsurprisingly clueless about what political labels actually mean.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

EricBauman posted:

im not right wing, but hollywood treating trans people humanely once in a while and black people getting starring roles is driving me to suicide

i wish when people said this they meant it because then the problem solves itself

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
grimes needs to go all courtney love on that fucker

frances i love you etc

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
i’m still grappling with the fact that there are people out there unironically concerned about the “woke mind virus”

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the phrase sounded familiar and turns out

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1516600269899026432?lang=en
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1527356085090545664

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i’m more concerned about the mars mind virus personally. it’s not healthy to fixate on things that will never happen.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Weird how for decades now we keep hearing how us political correctness postmodernist cultural marxist woke sjw grievance studies reverse racists are going to "destroy civilization"; we'd better get on actually doing that because there won't be any civilization left to destroy once neoliberalism is done with it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the he horrible woke mind virus of not being able to sexually assault any and all women

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

that one's just musk making sure he has an excuse for when it comes out that humans going to Mars at any real scale isn't going to happen in the next five lifetimes

"i wasn't overpromising, i just got hosed by that diversity and inclusion nonsense"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the so-called tolerant left insists I need to have women on my Martian colony

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

oh he’s going to bring women to mars alright, it’s just going to be handmaids tale more than star trek.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
hope there’s horses on mars

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

musk’s martian ofelon colony

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this is not really musk relevant but I just wanted to say "John Carpenter's Posts Of Mars"

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 25, 2022

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

I want to ask “how”. I really want to know why allowing for pronouns and letting LGBTQ exist will doom humanity

but dammit I know the answer won’t make sense and will just leave me hoping for an asteroid to hit us.

but then I’d prove them right.

sigh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

this is not really musk relevant but I justed to say "John Carpenter's Posts Of Mars"

Same only "John Carpenter's Escape from Nude Orc"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pendragon posted:

I want to ask “how”. I really want to know why allowing for pronouns and letting LGBTQ exist will doom humanity

but dammit I know the answer won’t make sense and will just leave me hoping for an asteroid to hit us.

sigh

no kids will be born anymore when everyone is forced trans or some dumb made up bullshit like that

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff
Anybody else noticed they removed the option to log out?

I just nuked my acc and I've been googling for 10 minutes and I do not see a way to log out on web w/o wiping session creds in the browser

They've moved it like three times in the last two days.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Carthag Tuek posted:

no kids will be born anymore when everyone is forced trans or some dumb made up bullshit like that

they refuse to accept that a significant part of the reason people are having fewer children is they can't loving afford it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i only know one couple under the age of 40 with more than 2 kids. they have four kids and are living in a two bedroom apartment right now. they only did it because they're religious nuts who have bought into the white genocide bullshit even though one of them is only half white.

hell out of the people i know over the age of 40 with kids, most of them stopped at 2 as well, many only have 1. they constantly talk about how they don't know how they will afford college, etc

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Pendragon posted:

sigh

foucault has the answer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biopower

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

finally deactivated and uninstalled. what a shithole

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/efjbgc2/status/1596041824573198336?t=rQqeJ8rg6UD-uYKxzuOm-A&s=19

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
weird how hes not at all concerned about an actual mind virus thats been circulating for the past 3 years or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Beeftweeter posted:

weird how hes not at all concerned about an actual mind virus thats been circulating for the past 3 years or so