Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Expo70 posted:

You can loving have the pound. I don't want it.

What I would like is it for not to cost me a foot, a knee and an elbow to warm my house over this break.

based on the reviews to your posts in this forum, periodically threatening to write a lot unless your heating bill gets funded might be a workable business plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tesseraction posted:

Good long-form video on why right-wing comedy tends to blow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSXKzPOcYDU

Main takeaway being modern right-wing 'comedians' are too busy being furious at the people they're punching down at that they forget to tell a joke.

love some more news

this thread is unfortunately defunct but kind a hate letter to Gutfeld!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964535

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

FlapYoJacks posted:

Burn more wood.

At these prices?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Main takeaway being modern right-wing 'comedians' are too busy being furious at the people they're punching down at that they forget to tell a joke.
only watched a bit of this but the cute feet joke got a sensible chuckle out of me

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

jemand posted:

I believe he hasn't actually paid anything yet.

I am very curious about the structure of the 3 months -- if it really was "we'll keep you officially on payroll for 2 months and pay 1 month severance" I am confused that more H1B holders didn't absolutely jump on that offer. It would push the start timer for their 60 days to find new work to after the holidays are over, and the instability is such that (as we've since seen), Twitter is not at all a place where you are guaranteed more than 60 days on payroll anyway. Seems like the option was to effectively have four months to full-time search for new employment, or to burn yourself out and at any random point get just half that -- potentially during the absolute worst time of the year for job searching.

My guess is it wasn't remotely clear which way they were going to legally structure it, so people just couldn't really do the comparative analysis.

that's exactly how it is

officially, the layoffs are happening in January. but that wasn't made clear until after he cut off everyone's access

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It’s just a website Elon. How many people could it take to run? 10?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

someone told me today that every individual German state/region can fine you independently for GDPR violations and they're in competition to see who can do the largest one which if true, lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

someone told me today that every individual German state/region can fine you independently for GDPR violations and they're in competition to see who can do the largest one which if true, lol

theres currently talk about how danish politicians spent millions of dkk on social media in the 3 week election period we just had earlier this month (i dont remember the exact number, but say maybe 2-3 million usd combined lol)

also chromebooks are banned from schools, and google analytics from anywhere at all, uber was told to require commercial licenses so they left, stuff like that. so i could see the danish regulators doing something.

but i could also see them not doing anything (many of the rules are new, so its still a bit random if poo poo flies under the radar i guess). either way, it will probably take a year or more, cause bureaucracy is slow af

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i don't have an article for this since it's just something i heard from someone that would know, but apparently the NYAG is going to open a probe too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
thirsty regulators probe thirsty man. news at 11

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol https://twitter.com/courtsnewsirl/status/1596198832924430336

Apparently Twitter International is incorporated at Fenian Street in Dublin.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

How will Europe gently caress Musk, you ask

e: f, b, see above.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tesseraction posted:

ELON: come out ye black and tans, we've banned all the provos

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

come out ye bazingas

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
new job postings literally saying "irish need not apply"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

well he already had no poors and no blacks

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

Blazing Saddles is a documentary

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
more less-critical twitter poo poo is breaking:
https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1596165194849329152

also i had not considered that maybe elon is using the "sick systems" essay as a loving playbook, lol:
https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1596185808700071937

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the trick is to have adhd so everything is an imminent crisis anyway and you cant shut brain down so you fixate on why that is

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Expo70 posted:

You can loving have the pound. I don't want it.

something something give them a pounding joke :effort:

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Tesseraction posted:

lol

if the person whose main job it is to lobby govts for you has to go to court to keep their job, you can imagine how well influencing govts to make sure they leave twitter alone is going to go

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i'm sure that twitter, an irish company, has nothing to fear from the european regulators

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

time for a remake of black 47 but instead of landlords its techlords

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FlapYoJacks posted:

The EU killing Twitter would be the best thing the EU has done since the GDPR and loving over Britain repeatedly on Brexit.

it was really Britain loving itself over repeatedly, thanks to their absolutely delusional thinking that the EU somehow needed them more than they needed the EU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ya the eu didnt really do anything other than say "ok sure if you really wanna, you can negotiate with us as a non-european nation"

also they extended the deadline at least once, but tories gonna tory lol

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it was really Britain loving itself over repeatedly, thanks to their absolutely delusional thinking that the EU somehow needed them more than they needed the EU

if you think about it, brexit was kind of like musk buying twitter

just 'yeah, we're going to do this' and then later figuring out that nothing worked the way they thought

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

ya the eu didnt really do anything other than say "ok sure if you really wanna, you can negotiate with us as a non-european nation"

lol plus "...how bout a trade deal?"

- "hm. no?"

"c'mon i'll be your friend"

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014
Like most self-immolations, Twitter’s burning flesh started out as a strange curiosity but then has become depressing and hard to look at, and in the moment it seems like it will never end, even though we hope for that it stops writhing and just dies soon for its own sake.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if at this point india has better negotiation power with the eu than the great brian

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

lol plus "...how bout a trade deal?"

- "hm. no?"

"c'mon i'll be your friend"

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Tesseraction posted:

This was a good watch

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

i watched about 12 minutes but could not handle the Gutfeld! content

gutfeld!

general thesis seemed to be going ok, is there a transcript or some poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595931448988639233

he didnt even use it correctly

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ironically he literally stops talking about Gutfeld at about that mark and moves on to Dave Chapelle's transphobia turn. The episode has chapters if you want to skip past the Gutfeld segment (which being fair is the most painful segment because holy poo poo Gutfeld sucks so bad)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596268804413476864

help im dying

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

people misuse latin a lot and it's a shame, but quis custodiat

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

now now you're sceptical but samsung has shown that it's doable

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
he really does write like somebody desperate to impress whoever is reading doesn't he

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
the Elon musk phone would do everything automatically without user intervention because it would be owned to hell and back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tesseraction posted:

now now you're sceptical but samsung has shown that it's doable

Both Amazon and Microsoft tried and failed lol