Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

therobit posted:

I mean my wife loved it too but it is ok for men to like deep soaking tubs also. Nothing feels better on sore joints.

I still don't understand why the standard sized tub in the US doesn't fit a full grown man but if I fly to Japan, where I'm above the average male height and weight, and find a reasonably sized tub in every hotel room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

captkirk posted:

I still don't understand why the standard sized tub in the US doesn't fit a full grown man but if I fly to Japan, where I'm above the average male height and weight, and find a reasonably sized tub in every hotel room.

My partner hated that after moving to the US and finding out that the tubs are so small.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

brugroffil posted:

Also fake edit: it is Thanksgiving and multiple threads still have dumb Halloween titles

With the supply chain in the state it is this was the best we could do...

Platystemon posted:

e: According to the SA search index, by the time this thread got its change, it was November first in every timezone.

:hmmyes:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Expecting this subforum of all places to be ready on schedule smh.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Just Winging It posted:

Expecting this subforum of all places to be ready on schedule smh.

Got another job where the sucker owner was paying way more.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like something I would build in Fallout 4.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's where the vampires live.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's where the vampires live.

It looks like the sort of thing you see sometimes in hurricane-prone rich vacation spots, where all the nice houses have shutters that roll down and seal the place up tight.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Where in Philadelphia is this? I thought it was a house I saw a few years back but it ain't:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ah, the "expanded at different times in Minecraft with whatever the player happened to be holding" special.

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

Narrow house
House is so narrow
Narrow narrow house

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

PainterofCrap posted:

Where in Philadelphia is this? I thought it was a house I saw a few years back but it ain't:

not my pics, but the person who shared them said "kensington, near 5th and berks"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

`Nemesis posted:

not my pics, but the person who shared them said "kensington, near 5th and berks"

The street sign says 37th and Wallace. Google maps shows an empty lot as of October, 2021.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9646011,-75.1961653,3a,75y,61.61h,76.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPyoGkk03RMwdsNNZQ1IBVg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That is a poster house for gentrification in philadelphia, or it ought to be

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dual function setup

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Well, it's grounded...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is that abs adhesive?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Nitrox posted:

Is that abs adhesive?

Could be PVC conduit adhesive since this is clearly an electrical job.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

captkirk posted:

Artifact of real estate standards IIRC. Can't list a bathroom as a full bath unless it has a tub, but want to minimize space in a bunch of bathtubs that'll never get used outside of washing a kid or a dog, so you cut them down as small as possible. Drives me crazy too, being a tall person. The whirlpool tub in my current rental was a serious factor in signing the lease.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Liquid Communism posted:

Artifact of real estate standards IIRC. Can't list a bathroom as a full bath unless it has a tub, but want to minimize space in a bunch of bathtubs that'll never get used outside of washing a kid or a dog, so you cut them down as small as possible. Drives me crazy too, being a tall person. The whirlpool tub in my current rental was a serious factor in signing the lease.

Huh, well there you go. That explains a lot actually.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
You can explain everything in america with either:
- It was cheaper, but not quite as good
- Racism

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Wild EEPROM posted:

You can explain everything in america with either:
- It was cheaper, but not quite as good
- Racism

I mean, you're not entirely wrong, but neither of those is what they just said.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I believe the Japanese also have a culture around bathing and bath houses so it makes sense that their home baths would be more robust.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I will not rest until I've attained Francis' bath from Pee Wee's Big Adventure

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

I will not rest until I've attained Francis' bath from Pee Wee's Big Adventure

I remember waching Komisario Palmun erehdys on TV as a kid and getting madder and madder every time they referred to this thing as a bath tub:

(Sorry couldn't find a still of it finished, but the dimensions are pretty clear.)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?s=20&t=HN5nG_b_NiBHmlR3k4Qf-g

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
"We were interested in embracing the OSB aesthetic..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGX2a4Lb7BE&t=447s

Couple of architects built am additional structure in their backyard and attempted to experiment every step of the way. It's an informative video about Accessory Dwelling Units, but the example they chose to highlight is clownshoes as gently caress.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The city has been constructing a new justice facility of some sort downtown, messing up traffic and making a mess of the area for like a year and a half, but it's finally taking shape!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

What exactly is a "justice facility"? Court houses, prison, jail? Administrative building for the court system?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It's where the League meets, obviously.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Computer viking posted:

What exactly is a "justice facility"? Court houses, prison, jail? Administrative building for the court system?

it's where they render poor people into nutrient slurry for the insect lord

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s where couples divide their beanie babies.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Computer viking posted:

In Kalamazoo, "justice facility" is a euphemism for a slaughterhouse. They have a thing about cows and pigs. It goes way back and is complicated.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/calebsaysthings/status/1597076264552402945

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Fallout 76 has broken my brain because this is all I can think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odhE6_FEREA

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That poo poo is going to be considered dated as gently caress in 10 years.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Don't worry, it'll wear out in 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Computer viking posted:

It's the last one. Unifying courthouses and prosecutor office and stuff in one place instead of half a dozen buildings around town.

"The county’s new Justice Facility will bring together county prosecutor’s office, as well as Circuit and District courtrooms and facilities. Starting on the top floor and going down will be the county’s Circuit Court, then the prosecutor’s office, then the District Court."