Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

(Cooking is a combination of ingredients? Sounds like something to talk about with the girls at the hostess club…)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

(If you do your cooking by the book... then you'll have... a cake? Crazy what they come up with these days.)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yakuza 3 is pretty laid back. I really like Okinawa as a change of scenery, and it's nice seeing Kiryu try to be a good father figure to all the kids at the orphanage. The minigames all feel really awkward and clunky compared to their Kiwami counterparts, but I figured this would be rough since it's the oldest Yakuza I've played so far.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Okay so I got hopelessly addicted to Y0. 60hrs and barely started chapter 9 because club czar is hilariously fun.

What's next

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Okay so I got hopelessly addicted to Y0. 60hrs and barely started chapter 9 because club czar is hilariously fun.

What's next

yakuza kiwami.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fungah! posted:

yakuza kiwami.

Thank you

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

whatever you do, don't get dismayed by the first boss and his dumb heal skill if you don't have a way to counter it.

it will make sense afterwards.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

beat lost judgement so now i'm all caught up on the yakuza universe gamers. ready for like a dragon: ishin! in feb

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1597594770611879937?s=20&t=BZ7gCGmjmkWMcLiHaEBKbQ

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

beat lost judgement so now i'm all caught up on the yakuza universe gamers. ready for like a dragon: ishin! in feb

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

whatever you do, don't get dismayed by the first boss and his dumb heal skill if you don't have a way to counter it.

it will make sense afterwards.

I will keep that in mind

So far even when getting frustrated y0 is fun af and making me love games again

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

finished Y0's story a few days ago, giving myself a lil time before kiwami....

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Trash Ops posted:

finished Y0's story a few days ago, giving myself a lil time before kiwami....

I waited, oh, 24hrs.

Kiwami is different enough that it feels weird, and changes how I felt about some characters from 0.

That said, the tip about the first boss is on point and the change to Mr shakedown is loving hilarious. Why couldn't I have found this game when it came out

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Wait until you play Kiwami 2. The more I think about it, the more I suspect it's my favorite game of all time

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Kiwami 2 is so good, I'm thinking of replaying it when I'm done with some of the other stuff I've already sunk my teeth into.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The mahjong completion point in 3 requires you to get 50k points in a single game, and after hours of trying I just got it with exactly 50k. It was nerve-wracking as hell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kiwami 2 is tied wth 0 for my favorite game in the series, it's so sick

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fungah! posted:

kiwami 2 is tied wth 0 for my favorite game in the series, it's so sick

This makes me excited for 2. I absolutely loved 0, and kiwami is good but no 0.

But the scene in club Asia when majima turns hostess has me loving crying.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The mahjong completion point in 3 requires you to get 50k points in a single game, and after hours of trying I just got it with exactly 50k. It was nerve-wracking as hell

grats. 3 has some of the hardest minigame requirements in the series

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Is the baseball ever not loving impossible?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The pattern is the same so just write it down. I split the grid up into like a numpad so then it’s just: fast 5, slow 9, mid 6 etc.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Is the baseball ever not loving impossible?

in 3 you don't get a crosshair so i balanced a pen against my monitor so the tip was where the crosshair would have been

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It is also 10x easier if you use the mouse, although dishonourable

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It is also 10x easier if you use the mouse, although dishonourable

Real Yakuza use a gamepad.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
In some of the games there's a little trick where Kiryu tightens his grip on the bat as an indicator that it's the right time to swing.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

in 3 you don't get a crosshair so i balanced a pen against my monitor so the tip was where the crosshair would have been

lol nice, I ended up using a post it note

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
just did batting cages in LAD last night and thought they'd made it way harder because I could only hit like two home runs no matter what I did

turns out there's a glitch but only if you're playing on PC and in windowed mode. went back to fullscreen and it was like taking off the training weights

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

American McGay posted:

The pattern is the same so just write it down. I split the grid up into like a numpad so then it’s just: fast 5, slow 9, mid 6 etc.

I just cannot time the loving thing correctly no matter what. Kiwami is easier than 0 but I still can't get out of the bottom and mid tiers on any of em.

Oh well, darts is still the best.

Now if only I could get not Mr shakedown to pop up more often

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Real Yakuza use a gamepad.

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
I loved that the Judgments kept that but just did “Real detectives use a gamepad” which makes even less sense somehow

Also K2 is probably my favorite but I’m in the middle of Lost Judgment and it’s super sick

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

gamepads only detectives used

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/rggstudio/status/1597301578675130368?s=46&t=ccJNyhgxwwEfI6PqKHXQxg

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Of course when I have to go to the batting cages for something else and I'm just dicking around I pick normal and hit every fuckin ball

E: gently caress me I just figured out what the gently caress to do when they start recharging with a heat glow jfc

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 4, 2022

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Of course when I have to go to the batting cages for something else and I'm just dicking around I pick normal and hit every fuckin ball

E: gently caress me I just figured out what the gently caress to do when they start recharging with a heat glow jfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x39v4r387fg&t=38s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mickey Rourke ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Even with all the little tricks like a post-it note the extra hard batting in 3 is killing me. I've gotten 1700 points like 4 times and you need 1800 for the completion point

e: complaining on the internet really does work, got it

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 5, 2022