Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ah yes, it's

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Ah, so that's how they're going to whip these pathetic kids into fighting shape.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Now I'm imagining a vicious cycle where every evening Opera spoils Iruma harder to make up for how badly they hosed him up during class, which means they need to gently caress him up even worse tomorrow, which means...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What's with that little "season 4 cancelled" blurb tucked at the bottom on the last page.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Opera, get your shoes off the table. Bad cat.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Shiida's ambiguous loyalty basically being an open secret is an interesting way to take things. At this point, Bablys is more or less giving her an open invitation to defect and seeing if she takes them up on the offer.

I feel like she won't actually defect during her tenure at the school. She's a member of the six fingers so someone who has already returned to origins. So once someone like Baal gives her a direct order I feel like she'll very coldly execute on it regardless of how much pleading someone like Iruma offers. But if there is any redemption for her the seeds will be further laid as she has proximity to Iruma.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I feel like she won't actually defect during her tenure at the school. She's a member of the six fingers so someone who has already returned to origins. So once someone like Baal gives her a direct order I feel like she'll very coldly execute on it regardless of how much pleading someone like Iruma offers. But if there is any redemption for her the seeds will be further laid as she has proximity to Iruma.

The main thing is, though, that Bablys has arrayed all its forces to completely obliterate her the very second she steps out of line. She's even got Opera of all people breathing down her neck. At this point, she seems like she's in more danger from them than they are from her. She either redeems herself, or she dies.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The main thing is, though, that Bablys has arrayed all its forces to completely obliterate her the very second she steps out of line. She's even got Opera of all people breathing down her neck. At this point, she seems like she's in more danger from them than they are from her. She either redeems herself, or she dies.

She'll probably be more in danger from getting too close to Iruma than when she starts to actually consider betrayal. Iruma is gonna give her a hug or something and Opera will consider that extremely suss on her part and go hard in a spar.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

M_Gargantua posted:

What's with that little "season 4 cancelled" blurb tucked at the bottom on the last page.

Some group that did a crappy speed scan of the chapter put "Season 4 Now In Production" in the box that states "Opera (SD And Teacher) Reporting For Duty" for some reason, so it's just Misfit Scans poking fun at that. The real thing that'd go in the box is just "Catch Iruma next week" or whatever.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

That assumes that she tries to take Iruma instead of just fleeing. And we also have the idea that Purson's brother is on their side as well as someone capable of erasing all of the Six fingers from everyone's memory, photographs, etc. She has ways to leave the school without needing a redemption and without needing to target Iruma and get instant killed. My point is that she is a member of the 6 fingers and the one who seems the most nice which is out of place. But she is a member for a reason and that won't be resolved just because she's at the school but most likely later when things kick off into full on war.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I'm confident that Shiida will get reformed because of this from Chap. 221. I just can't see her going along with Baal's plan in the end, #2 finger or not.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The thing is that we honestly know nothing about Shiida. We can assume that she'll shake out on the side of good because it's that kind of manga, but right now we don't even know why she's on the Secret Council of Evil, and she presumably has a reason.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Opera Sensei

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Opera having some excellent cat energy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Elfface posted:

Opera having some excellent cat energy.
I'm with Kalego on this one. I'm not a cat person at all

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I'm with Kalego on this one. I'm not a cat person at all

Kalego is a Dog person obv.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Number of the Beast

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Operation Suicide Cannon? More like Operation YEET. Also stop disrespecting my boy Lied.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Lied suffers so you don't have to.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

He's just a little guy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Operation: Fastball Special

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Be interested to see what the solution to the 'gently caress you, no magic and an impassable cliff' puzzle is. Opera's entirely capable of being an rear end in a top hat, but not without purpose (except against Kalego).

Also endearing to see Shiina getting genuinely hyped at the Misfit Class's unique problem-solving style.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Get Opera to come down?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Blow up the spire and bring Opera down to their level.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So let's theorize what will happen with shiina. Nothing? Perfect poker face and is the most evil ever? Manchurian candidate? Will turn on the baddies due to the goodness of iruma? The last one seems likely based on her actions so far but also is way too cliche a direction to take so I don't think they will.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

She's the demon version of Iruma and only joined the 6 Fingers because Baal asked her to.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm thinking she's absolutely a Manchurian Candidate. No way her acting is good enough for her to be a knowing infiltrator.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm thinking she's absolutely a Manchurian Candidate. No way her acting is good enough for her to be a knowing infiltrator.

Balam's interrogation already confirms that both Shiida and Atori were aware of their deceptions however subtle and regardless of how well they navigated giving an outright false statement. Not that Atori didn't almost ruin that without Shiida's intervention but just like with her trying to break Atori's spine, there's a dual purpose at play here. I think she genuinely doesn't want to hurt any of the students and she also wanted to protect Iruma despite her orders. But she also is still covering for her partner in both instances even if we only have Baal's word that Shiida was trying to maintain her cover.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Darth Walrus posted:

Be interested to see what the solution to the 'gently caress you, no magic and an impassable cliff' puzzle is. Opera's entirely capable of being an rear end in a top hat, but not without purpose (except against Kalego).

Also endearing to see Shiina getting genuinely hyped at the Misfit Class's unique problem-solving style.

You just gotta have really really strong legs.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

The antimagic effect isn't instant so they might be able to get up by simply chain-casting magic as a group.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They're gonna use some of that rhythm training from the music festival to do the 6 second timing

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain Invictus posted:

So let's theorize what will happen with shiina. Nothing? Perfect poker face and is the most evil ever? Manchurian candidate? Will turn on the baddies due to the goodness of iruma? The last one seems likely based on her actions so far but also is way too cliche a direction to take so I don't think they will.

I'll put a chip on "actually with Baal because her return to origins is a strong protective streak and doesn't want to get rank-pulled to warfight again". Also plays into the sideline to return Delkira, the demon king who desired peace so strongly they 1v1d an entire war.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/iruma_stage/status/1599690047636185090
It might not seem like it, but Iruma is actually a pretty popular series. Joining the pantheon of popular enough works to get a live action stage production.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Clara is going to have so many songs in that show.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Missingnoleader posted:

https://twitter.com/iruma_stage/status/1599690047636185090
It might not seem like it, but Iruma is actually a pretty popular series. Joining the pantheon of popular enough works to get a live action stage production.

I'm glad! It's such a solid manga. I just wish it was more popular in the west.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Teatime
I can't disagree with Opera's methods or results. As expected of Sullivan's security devil.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Teatime
I can't disagree with Opera's methods or results. As expected of Sullivan's security devil.

Meanwhile, in continued Shiida speculation, I'm starting to wonder if she actually ended up falling in with Baal's Return To Origin movement because she's so bad at being a demon. She can't even handle the idea of tough love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Challengers