Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i honestly don't remember the panel poo poo curse did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

hbag posted:

i honestly don't remember the panel poo poo curse did

It appeared outside the panels, from the edge of the page, flicking inwards. I thought it did it for each shot but it's just the first,. Still neat ut hard if not impossible to execute in the anime without really messing with the 4th wall and distracting from the moment.

I really enjoyed the scenes prior to the opening playing as well. Lots of nice little character actions like Himeno cooling herself in the fridge. Between and Kikuri from Bocchi it's been a good season for messy drunks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i was talking about it with a friend and while i haven't seen the new episode yet, it feels like i have no idea where this season will end atm. i was thinking the theater date with Makima would be poignant, fitting, and also right at the doorstep of the Reze arc, but im not sure if another 5 eps would be able to cover that much ground, especially with how MAPPA has extended some scenes so far.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
probably just after the nutkicking contest

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

i was talking about it with a friend and while i haven't seen the new episode yet, it feels like i have no idea where this season will end atm. i was thinking the theater date with Makima would be poignant, fitting, and also right at the doorstep of the Reze arc, but im not sure if another 5 eps would be able to cover that much ground, especially with how MAPPA has extended some scenes so far.

i assumed date + maybe they move denjis door dream to a post credits scene even though i think it happens before

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm predicting the final scene is Denji's dream with door. Feels like a good way to close the season.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Popo posted:

It appeared outside the panels, from the edge of the page, flicking inwards. I thought it did it for each shot but it's just the first,. Still neat ut hard if not impossible to execute in the anime without really messing with the 4th wall and distracting from the moment.

I really enjoyed the scenes prior to the opening playing as well. Lots of nice little character actions like Himeno cooling herself in the fridge. Between and Kikuri from Bocchi it's been a good season for messy drunks.

the penultimate episode of 86 does some very cool stuff with letterboxing, would definitely check it out if you're bored.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/now-thats-an-edgy-technique.mp4

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
That episode covered about half a volume so taking that as a rough guide I thik we might get as far as Reze singing her lullaby at the end of volume 5 (that would cover vo. 4-5 in four eps with the last ep being the intro to Reze and ending on a crazy moment.)
I think it'll be that or it takes it's time just a bit, wraps up Katana Man then ends after Denji's movie date and meeting Reze for the first time. Gives you an extra epsiode to go biggity-bucky wild with the action then bring things down with a slightly less intense but still interesting question of who reze is.
Or an anime only episod where they play baseball, becuase everyone loves a baseball episode.

EDIT
^Oh, that's yummy. I love that kind of poo poo.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a chainsawman bomb girl arc movie

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
oh man that was good. I honestly do not remember any of these parts from the manga other than the broad strokes so I'm basically just reliving all this again.

ed is something fantastic, too

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a chainsawman bomb girl arc movie

You can't do that without spoiling pretty much everything that happens in the arc.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

The anime fans are, correctly, losing their poo poo in the best way

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spuckuk posted:

The anime fans are, correctly, losing their poo poo in the best way

gently caress so am I and I just reread it like 3 days ago

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Alright, if you don't believe Makima, the woman who made a halo out of her own lower intense after she got shot to give herself a more angelic appearance, cares about symbolism and aesthetics then we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

The Fall of Lucifer painting in her doorway was a bit on the nose.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Makima's the girl who tried to smoke a cigarette after 'killing' Denji because it was the cool badass thing to do

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

It just doesn’t feel like she’s need to really. On site procurement of corpses ala angel wouldn’t be an issue for her I think

Makima explicitly mentions snagging corpses of her people during International Assassins. This is 100 percent her thing.

Makima also likes people and has a mean sense of humor, and both mean she'd think giving Kobeni the same partner, but possessed by violence, would be a hoot and a half. If he still is nice to her, then she's looking out for her subordinates. If he's more like Power and torments her, then Makima can watch the hilarity. Either way, she wins.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

symbolic posted:

If you assume they adapt 3 chapters per episode (which I think they're currently on pace for) then it would end right at chapter 36, which is just a few chapters before the end of the katana man arc; I'd assume they'll squeeze a few more chapters in so they can end either on Denji standing in front of The Door or alternatively the date with Makima.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I read the chapters that should be the next episode and I forgot that Power runs away off panel

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Down With People posted:

Makima's the girl who tried to smoke a cigarette after 'killing' Denji because it was the cool badass thing to do

genuinely my favorite character moment in the series, she sits down lights up, takes one drag, then coughs like crazy and immediately puts it out on the ground lol

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Arzaac posted:

If you assume they adapt 3 chapters per episode (which I think they're currently on pace for) then it would end right at chapter 36, which is just a few chapters before the end of the katana man arc; I'd assume they'll squeeze a few more chapters in so they can end either on Denji standing in front of The Door or alternatively the date with Makima.

I feel like the date would work much better as a season opener than a finale.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

patrick bateman going into a coughing fit after putting an axe through paul's head and lighting up that cigar

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Katana Man looked hotter in the manga

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lol, due to Katana Man being designed with a permanently open mouth, I was convinced that he was screaming like a maniac in every single action panel. Him being mostly silent in the anime just feels wrong to me. :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lt. Lizard posted:

Lol, due to Katana Man being designed with a permanently open mouth, I was convinced that he was screaming like a maniac in every single action panel. Him being mostly silent in the anime just feels wrong to me. :v:

I absolutely did not imagine him as dour as he's portrayed in the anime, but it works.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The manga is better though

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA1avIlelTU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Lt. Lizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABxH-NTF0SM&t=228s

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I found our mascot

https://twitter.com/ItsJaneMahoney/status/1597759673632886784?s=20&t=gEl8RgNN_voon3cGKDYGkg

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Was thinking about last episode and Makima just no selling the drinking competition. Do you think that was part of her contract with the prime minister and as a result some citizen(s) got super drunk at random?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Brightman posted:

Was thinking about last episode and Makima just no selling the drinking competition. Do you think that was part of her contract with the prime minister and as a result some citizen(s) got super drunk at random?

Probably some random Japanese citizen suffered sudden liver failure

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Henpecked salary man swearing to his shrew wife he has no idea how he came home drunk honest

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

she should have made someone else choke on the cigarette smoke

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I think she just drinks like a champ

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tabletops posted:

the list of devils stronger than the snake devil must be a pretty short (relatively). it's one of those instinctual fears that pretty much everyone with a functioning nervous system has. at least like seeing a snakelike thing on the ground next to your foot or whatever.

spider devil must be fuckin' wild

Everything’s coming up Prinz!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, I agree with the anime poster. Spider devil should be ridiculously powerful hosed-up monstrosity. Prinz is extremely underwhelming.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, I agree with the anime poster. Spider devil should be ridiculously powerful hosed-up monstrosity. Prinz is extremely underwhelming.

All of the Public Safety Fiends are only mildly powerful despite hosting what should by all rights be serious heavy hitter devils. That seems to be their whole thing. I mean, the Violence Fiend alone...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

All of the Public Safety Fiends are only mildly powerful despite hosting what should by all rights be serious heavy hitter devils. That seems to be their whole thing. I mean, the Violence Fiend alone...

Just gonna blame that on Makima tbh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Violence had to wear a mask full of poison to keep himself at a reasonable power.

As far as Spider goes: in a world where horrifying flesh melting demons murder more people than almost anything I feel like normal animals lose a lot of fear power.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, Power is the Blood Devil. I think it's safe to assume she'd be far more of a shitwrecker if she wasn't a Fiend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ImpAtom posted:

Violence had to wear a mask full of poison to keep himself at a reasonable power.

As far as Spider goes: in a world where horrifying flesh melting demons murder more people than almost anything I feel like normal animals lose a lot of fear power.

The Bat Devil was threatening enough that I imagine the Spider devil is still a nightmare.