Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

It's a clever ruse. The car is clearly a Morbmobile.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
I genuinely like the look of the car enough to pick it up even as a non-marvel fan, I think I'll just leave off the hood sticker, and put a non-morbius vampire in it to make it the edgy vamp car.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm really glad it's not yet another Iron Man or Spider-Man mech. There have been thirteen mechs in that scale so far, and more than half of them are those two (three Iron Man, four Spider-Man (three Peter Parker, one Miles Morales). Definitely getting the Ghost Rider one. Kind of hoping we'll get a Spider-Gwen at some point. Also really hope they fixed the asymmetrical hips from last year's mechs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

deoju posted:

Why the hell does Spider-Man need a car?

Also Miles is too young to have a licence.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The_Doctor posted:

Also Miles is too young to have a licence.

We assume. In his universe he might be.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I wouldn't have said to no to that Quinjet. Always liked the design of them in the movies and I have the small polybag one alongside the ones that came with the Helicarrier.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
More new Marvel mechs.. Hulk, Thanos and Rocket Raccoon. The Thanos one feels like a real step back from the 2020 version. I'm also really disappointed that they opted for those parts for the legs, rather than the joints they had previously.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Wow the rocket raccoon mech’s legs look hosed up. I like the ghost rider one ! Riding a mech riding a motorcycle!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I like how, because Rocket’s head mold is larger than a standard minifig head mold, the proportions actually look better.

Like seriously, all I see when looking at the other ones are Super Mario Bros. (1993) Goombas.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What exactly were wrong with the old joints that they stopped using them? Just too prone to breaking over time?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So I just finished the Christmas Tree and, uh, there's a huge stack of spare pieces, I assume for the alt builds? It does say 2 in 1 on the box
But also a bunch of pieces were missing from the main build so I think they just sent the wrong pieces?

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Also a bunch of new city sets: https://brickset.com/article/86514/2023-city-sets-announced!

The recycling truck looks cool and the bins seem to be on a green piece that could be connected to the new road pieces.

HootTheOwl posted:

So I just finished the Christmas Tree and, uh, there's a huge stack of spare pieces, I assume for the alt builds? It does say 2 in 1 on the box
But also a bunch of pieces were missing from the main build so I think they just sent the wrong pieces?

You have a ton of extra pieces if you build one big tree. I think they get used when you build two smaller ones. What pieces are you missing? The 3x2 plates and 2x1 with stud are bagged alone with no other pieces. I think the 2x2 corner and 2x2 macaroni are bagged together and so are the 2x4 and 2x6 if i remember correct.

engessa fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 2, 2022

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Otters!!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Vets? Otters?
And Penguin slushy?

Also low key excited for the recycling truck.

quote:

The recycling truck looks cool and the bins seem to be on a green piece that could be connected to the new road pieces.

You have a ton of extra pieces if you build one big tree. I think they get used when you build two smaller ones. What pieces are you missing? The 3x2 plates and 2x1 with stud are bagged alone with no other pieces. I think the 2x2 corner and 2x2 macaroni are bagged together and so are the 2x4 and 2x6 is i remember correct.

I'm missing 4 3x2 plates, and at least a handful of gold flowers. But I had a bunch of extra 2x1 corners so I kinda managed to make do.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 2, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The suspension on that off road truck is amazing. Not sure it would work in the real world but who cares, awesome toy.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

engessa posted:

Also a bunch of new city sets: https://brickset.com/article/86514/2023-city-sets-announced!

You have a ton of extra pieces if you build one big tree. I think they get used when you build two smaller ones. What pieces are you missing? The 3x2 plates and 2x1 with stud are bagged alone with no other pieces. I think the 2x2 corner and 2x2 macaroni are bagged together and so are the 2x4 and 2x6 if i remember correct.

That slushy van is cool as hell

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The custom car garage looks really neat. I think my sister is going to want that vet set with the Frenchie. Also, I would have killed for that cyber stunt bike as a kid. Those colors are so good. I might have to grab it anyway.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I like with how the way the emergency vehicle HQ is laid out it looks like the Brickster lit that lady's tree on fire and stole a crisp hundo on the way out. He's still got it!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Love the reuse of the cactus arms in the K-9 training set.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
New modular should show up any any day now. It's less than a month till release.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

engessa posted:

Huh, the stunt bike guys have little moulded details on the sides of their waists. Is this new? Never seen this on a minifig before

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I actually want some of the upcoming City releases?!? What the hell is going on? That otter set might be pretty dang hard to find around release.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

deoju posted:

Love the reuse of the cactus arms in the K-9 training set.

It’s a cute reuse of parts, but I don’t know that “training dogs to bodily harm suspects on command” is a great look for Lego.

Anyway, :can: etc.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Are the Squirrels new?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
New Friends sets
https://brickset.com/article/86518/2023-friends-range-revealed!
I like the Downtown Flower and Design Stores set.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

GTR. I like the new wheel design.
https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-speed-champions-paul-walker-nissan-skyline-gtr-r34-2-fast-2-furious/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those inverted brackets/wedges for the underbody is pretty clever. I'd probably be tempted to smooth it out with a 1x8 tile though.

I like the nexo knight shield usage too. The canopy not so much but it's overall a clever build.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Should come with a few of these and a lowtax minifig

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...ecorated%5D#T=C

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Don't sleep on the 3-in-1s either. They've done some really cool stuff, especially with the alt builds of the rabbits.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are the Squirrels new?

There were a few City sets with squirrels this year.

Skios fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 2, 2022

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's unbelievable how much system resources are consumed by browsing a single Bricklink tab without adblock.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

deoju posted:

New Friends sets
https://brickset.com/article/86518/2023-friends-range-revealed!
I like the Downtown Flower and Design Stores set.

Wow that's a cool set.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Building on the left looks like it came from Sesame Street.

But yeah, Friends sets consistently are great. For those who build them, do they have cool techniques?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wow that's a cool set.

That's awesome. Is that the first detailed contemporary-style building Lego has done?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Friends is killing it once again. Did y'all see the grocery store? It even has a fully tiled floor. Wild.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blue Moonlight posted:

It’s a cute reuse of parts, but I don’t know that “training dogs to bodily harm suspects on command” is a great look for Lego.

Anyway, :can: etc.

I'm trying to figure out if the trailer on the police vehicle is carrying a dog launcher

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm trying to figure out how LEGO is still making fascismpolice sets.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm trying to figure out how LEGO is still making fascismpolice sets.

Seriously, who buys them? They were always the lamest sets to get as kids, and for some reason they were the go-to for everyone to gift. Give me space or castle dammit :mad:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Now to download the instructions and build it in mostly black instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

You cannot tell me that this Monkie Kid set wasn't originally a Horizon Forbidden West set that got repurposed.