Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
This arc really could use some actual back and forth with the fights. It's just people getting defeated pretty much instantly and with no effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Only to a bigger jobber. No one that matters.

he jobbed to yujiro

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Its seems like Itagaki wanted to show how cool sumo is but couldnt actually bring himself to show the main cast losing

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
man, that was truly gross. Itagaki's still got it.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Stairmaster posted:

he jobbed to yujiro

Who doesn't job to Yujiro?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The revelation that Yujiro sees everyone weaker than him as female is still so loving funny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

he jobbed to yujiro

Can you call it jobbing when the story has long established that Yujiro is the peak of human fighter 2nd only to his actual father/ghost dad?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stairmaster posted:

he jobbed to yujiro

Meant that as "against a bigger jobber"
A Random sumo guy and kehaya who might as well be comic relief

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Eustace posted:

Its seems like Itagaki wanted to show how cool sumo is but couldnt actually bring himself to show the main cast losing

In the ancient flashback between Sukune and Kehaya, Kehaya loses in a similar fashion.

Foreshadowing!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the series already has cloning technology. when the gently caress are we getting baki's extended family brought back

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

They should clone Biscuit and give each Biscuit a shotgun and have them shoot each other in the chest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Retsu Isekai artist keeping it real

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/3a3e58da-cf14-4884-8cf6-8f75a2546bda/1

Chapter btw

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
This is great, I wasn't sure I'd ever see it update again. Retsu ftw

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Plutonis posted:

Retsu Isekai artist keeping it real

Does have a point
You can never tell if itagaki is being serious or not

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

man, that was truly gross. Itagaki's still got it.

I feel like it's kind of a dick move to rip off the ears of some guy who you're already easily beating. What was even the point of it when he immediately followed it up by (I think) jabbing his sides, which is what actually ended the match.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I’m glad to know that it’s not a culture barrier and the “Is Baki a comedy?” is a debate in Japan as well.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like it's kind of a dick move to rip off the ears of some guy who you're already easily beating. What was even the point of it when he immediately followed it up by (I think) jabbing his sides, which is what actually ended the match.

It was punishment for the insolent youth. He didn’t listen to Doppos warnings so Doppo took his ears

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New baki

https://mangadex.org/chapter/e71a436e-2d32-49ef-9513-105cb72233a6

One more tale of Yuujiro wandering around, doing poo poo at a whim.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's a step up that Yujiro hasn't threatened to rape anyone this chapter. Because that's a thing that Itagaki decided was a thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yujiro has been raping/killing people since the very start of the manga. Itagaki both portrays Yujiro as "The Greatest Thing Ever" and "Also Literally a Vicious Grotesque Ogre" simultaneously

That's how Jack was conceived in the first place (Yujiro raped his mom) and the entire reason Jack decided to become a superhuman in order to fight Yujiro

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 5, 2022

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

At this point Yujiro is just Kaido of the Beasts. Maybe next time he'll jump off an airplane without a parachute just to see if he can survive.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Yujiro has been raping/killing people since the very start of the manga. Itagaki both portrays Yujiro as "The Greatest Thing Ever" and "Also Literally a Vicious Grotesque Ogre" simultaneously

I have to say that because we got introduced to a random dude this chapter not because I forgot Yujiro had no concept of consent when it came to Jack's mom. Wanting to flex on modern machinery is more of a normal Yujiro thing although he still won't ask for that salty runback against the one dude with the tranquilizer gun that took him down in the original series.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't forget the mystery man who managed to hold a door shut against Yujiro:

Maybe it was Tranquilizer-man as well

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ytlaya posted:

Half the time in Baki it's honorable to not maim you're opponent. The other half of the time it's dishonorable to not maim your opponent. I think Itagaki flips a coin each fight.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I know it won't happen but the most baller move that could happen right now is if in the next chapter Yujiro just has a harpoon through his chest and fuckin dies. The end, no moral. Just when the cloud dissipates, Yujiro is lying completely dead on the pavement.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Zzulu posted:

Motobe did it by pulling a sneaky one and hooking the door handle up to an industrial metal lathe.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:discourse:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

No Wave posted:

Half the time in Baki it's honorable to not maim you're opponent. The other half of the time it's dishonorable to not maim your opponent. I think Itagaki flips a coin each fight.

They can just glue his ears back on later he's fine.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Has an injury ever mattered in the Bakiverse?

Doppo's literal exploded face grew back.

Retsu was beating up pro boxers with a peg leg.

I guess Yuri Chakovsky retired or whatever because Hanayama grabbed him.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Thoren posted:

Nah. After Grappler Baki they were 100% super heros doing magic and poo poo. Even in Grappler Baki they were fighting mystical monkey beasts and poo poo. An injury only matters if Itagaki wants it to matter and only for as long as it matters for that plot point.

Retsu can just be revived whenever they want and he's dead and eaten. Jack has used "medical science" to become....whatever he is. There are no stakes. If Sumo boi wants to have his ears back his options range from having one of the many SUPER DOCTORS perfectly sew them back on to letting himself be euthanized while a new body is grown for him and then letting that spirit medium return his soul to the empty husk.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Thoren posted:

I'd argue that Retsu losing his leg mattered in the sense that it forced his character to at least try something different even if, as I remember, he was still basically using kung fu even as a boxer. But overall injuries that don't result in death don't matter in the short or long run. It's like how losing teeth in baki is like how fighters say hello and then waltz off to the dentist for fresh implants.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I mean I guess some injuries do stick, like Doppo lost his eye during the series and never got it back but considering it's never effected him (other than making him badass) yeah I don't think injuries really matter. Honestly in the tone of the series, Doppo taking his ears off is honestly just normal Baki levels of violence

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doppo should have never gotten his hand back and just fought people with his nub.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Doppo should have never gotten his hand back and just fought people with his nub.

he should have embedded iron studs into it

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Thoren posted:

Considering all the poo poo Hayanama has had happen to him, the answer is overwhelming no.

Worst case, you get a scar, that's it.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
https://old.reddit.com/r/Grapplerbaki/comments/zf8vto/baki_dou_137_chinese_scans/

gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ogre Style Redirection Kata Weeping Willow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Ogre Style Redirection Kata Weeping Willow

Welp, guess I also hate the Niko style now.