Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

mdemone posted:

We're....the best team in the ACC...?

We're the best team in the ACC!

they're as likely as anyone right now! regardless, the conference is wide open this year. sad that UNC has Georgia Tech coming up and a chance to get themselves right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I don't know how to handle basketball success. Virginia Tech has literally never been the conference front-runner at any point in program history.

Surely we will poo poo ourselves to Dayton and then proceed to dump two straight conference games.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
We're gonna get wrecked by UVA if our outside shot isn't falling; really need Maddox to find his rhythm again, >50% from three last year, 26% so far this year. He's still hitting his mid-range jumper, but man that outside shooting would stretch the floor so good.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

mdemone posted:

I don't know how to handle basketball success. Virginia Tech has literally never been the conference front-runner at any point in program history.

Surely we will poo poo ourselves to Dayton and then proceed to dump two straight conference games.

Flying from Seattle to see the boys play OK State in Brooklyn, just want to see a good win there :D

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU handled St. John’s easy enough. Iowa comes next, then what should be east wins before Baylor kicks off conference play.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Edey is just clobbering dudes lmao

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If your team can't hit a 3 to save their life, be happy if Mizzou is on your schedule. Everybody shoots lights out against them, but the Tigers end up scoring more so I guess it all evens out

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hoiberg trying to pull off a big upset over Creighton to win the state championship.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Paging RD mangles to explain why the hell Northwestern plays in Rosemont. Just landed at O Hare and can’t make sense of it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hoiberg trying to pull off a big upset over Creighton to win the state championship.

I hate Creighton so much

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Zach Edey is out rebounding Minnesota by himself.

Minnesota has 11 rebounds total, Edey has 9 offensive rebounds.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 5, 2022

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Edey jumped straight up from the middle of the lane and dunked it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nebraska wins!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Nebraska beat Creighton by 10?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

31 and 22 for Edey tonight, Minnesota had 21 total rebounds.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ungratek posted:

Paging RD mangles to explain why the hell Northwestern plays in Rosemont. Just landed at O Hare and can’t make sense of it

They don’t. They play at Welsh-Ryan Arena in Evanston. Unless they’re playing at Allstate for some special event for some reason.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

They played in Rosemont for 1 year while the campus arena was being renovated in 2017-8.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 5, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DePaul played in Rosemont for decades which was even more ridiculous.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Does this thread have room for a doomposter? Cuz I'm feeling pretty doomy!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Classic home cooking for Michigan state, walker should have fouled out

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

lol Sparty

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

I really hope boo buie can have his one good game per year against Michigan State tomorrow.

Update: he did, boo rules, eat poo poo sparty.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern will win three (3) big ten games this season but have 2 in a row against Michigan state for the first time since 1962!!!!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Curse of Boo Buie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Curse of Boo Buie

I have no idea how he just keeps doing this but only to one specific team.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

They played in Rosemont for 1 year while the campus arena was being renovated in 2017-8.

Allstate needs to update their webpage it’s a lie!!!!

DePaul is crazy though

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Didn't DePaul build an arena by the Mccormick Center? Which is also nowhere near their campus.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
To be to fair to DePaul there is really no space in Lincoln Park for an arena, let alone an arena for a program that’s been poo poo for like 30 years.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Is there a good history of how DePaul hosed up being the Chicago team?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elentar posted:

I don't know about basketball, but DePaul was pretty wild as an institution, at one point the guy in charge was obsessed with tigers and kept blowing University money on tiger sanctuaries.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Considering how many schools are in the city and how many amazing players have come out of high school there it’s bizarre that Illinois does the best Chicago recruiting in the state.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

First NET of the season

https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1599787716501086210

Arkansas at 25 seems low but also its computers at the beginning of the season, of course there are gonna be some funky things with it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't know about basketball, but DePaul was pretty wild as an institution, at one point the guy in charge was obsessed with tigers and kept blowing University money on tiger sanctuaries.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-03-14-0403140358-story.html what the gently caress

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

chaoslord posted:

First NET of the season

https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1599787716501086210

Arkansas at 25 seems low but also its computers at the beginning of the season, of course there are gonna be some funky things with it.

The Net already loves rutgers way more than any time last year lol

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
looks like kevin kruger's weak ooc scheduling is paying off for unlv

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

This is what you want to hear from your university president

President Rev. John ‘Jack’ Minogue posted:

"I thought DePaul could get itself positioned nicely in environmental science with a field site--that's sexy because of the tigers--but is most fundamentally a good science project."

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That guy definitely wanted to gently caress the tigers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Considering how many schools are in the city and how many amazing players have come out of high school there it’s bizarre that Illinois does the best Chicago recruiting in the state.

isnt it kind of similar with like, Syracuse being the New York basketball school versus St Johns or whatever

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

it's okay, keep underrating us, AP voters.

Hokies to repeat, book it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Rehiring Dave Leitao didn’t help