Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

As someone pointed earlier, if this is Eternity Devil, he respawned in Hell after Denji killed him, then died there and respawned on Earth, which means he should have no memory of Denji and Chainsaw Man.

Also, I just realized that this setup means that Asa can learn that Denji is Chainsaw Man, without Yoru knowing about it.

Oh yes that's true I forgot about memory ironically. I wonder if infinity has a way around that due to being infinite. Doubtful of course, just spitballing. It would be funny if it is infinity and Famine has just lured him in with the exact same promise of Chainsaw's heart but warned him not to manifest.

To the latter point that's very interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

I wonder if the Eternity devil got summoned here specifically because Denji was fearing 30 more straight minutes of staring at fish and aquatic facts he couldn't give less of a poo poo about?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

JackDarko posted:

There’s no way Denji kicks the bucket here, right?

Asa obtaining a powerful weapon susceptible to Denji’s feelings for her is a fun potential premise.

Another thought is, what would motivate Famine to do this? War immediately reacted in what could be described as fear. Famine appears to be stronger than War.

With Makima getting rid of the Nazi's and planning to get rid of hunger as a concept I'm just going to guess that the Four horsemen are just outright enemies.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

man, all the stuff they add in the anime is great. Big Kobeni love.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

UnderFreddy posted:

man, all the stuff they add in the anime is great. Big Kobeni love.

This is it. This is the post that makes me watch the anime

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Will all four of the horsemen be ladies? And will they all have a thing for Denji?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Its great seeing all the anime-onlys getting on the Kobeni train this week.

Also knew 100% this was going to be a great chapter with a start like this:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It just makes me want a SpyxFamily and Chainsaw Man crossover more.

No like horrible violent gore. Just dumbass Denji running into the Forger family on a day out.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No like horrible violent gore. Just dumbass Denji running into the Forger family on a day out.

They're former coworkers so the chance is non zero.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe a little bit of horrible violent gore when Yor (briefly) encounters a devil.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Everyone is in love with Makima because she's got a contract with the Crush Devil :haw:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, Asa rules

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Maybe a little bit of horrible violent gore when Yor (briefly) encounters a devil.

I can only assume that the Throne Princess Devil exists and is somehow less terrifying than Yor.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I am assuming that the tank with the animals is endless too. I see Denji breaking the tank to get out of the trap (or to see penguins or if he got hungry and decided to try and eat the starfish) and leaving Asa behind to explain to the very angry aquarium guards why she *totally* didn't break the tank herself.

Denji is then looking bored at the penguins when Asa is carried out screaming in frustration.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The A.S.A. system:

A- Avoid eye contact.
S- State fish facts.
A- Acquire boyfriend.

If you're somehow still single after steps one and two clearly you need to say more fish facts.

Alternative version:

A- Avoid eye contact.
S- State fish facts.
A- Admit to yourself you might have autism.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Asa's gonna bore a devil to death with fish facts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

EmmyOk posted:

Asa shooting her shot with Denji, the world's largest fish in its smallest barrel

godDAMNIT greta

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lmao https://twitter.com/papa_kutz/status/1600291239026655232?s=46&t=0c1Ae3JGXA6DWMbO1xCo1Q

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

It really is just this.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Finally remembered what this was reminding me of

That's the first stream I found online. I remember the translation being "I runied the mood with fish facts"

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
My one wish for the next chapter is for Kobeni to walk out of a janitor's closet, look around, and just start howling.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Archenteron posted:

My one wish for the next chapter is for Kobeni to walk out of a janitor's closet, look around, and just start howling.

She's in a penguin mascot suit. She's a janitor, but management makes her wear it. None of the other janitors have to wear penguin mascot suits, just her.

Her immortality contract with the comedic suffering devil came at a very steep price.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

This is a thing I can very easily check out myself, but because I really want to continue with the episode-- is this the first time Angel/Beam/?/Kishibe have show up in the OP's cinema sequence?

e: apparently not according to youtube, i guess i need to pay more attention

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

stuker posted:

This is a thing I can very easily check out myself, but because I really want to continue with the episode-- is this the first time Angel/Beam/?/Kishibe have show up in the OP's cinema sequence?

e: apparently not according to youtube, i guess i need to pay more attention

Yeah the only one who's missing in the cinema that's suspect is the Violence fiend so if there's any change there it's gonna be replacing Arai with him but I doubt the anime is gonna do that.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

A friend texted me that he had started reading the manga immediately after watching episode 9 because he couldn't wait to see what's next after all that crazy poo poo.

Regarding the this week's chapter, I'd love if it was the eternity devil again and Denji just speedran that fight like he was in New Game+ because Famine doesn't know he already fought the eternity devil before.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/909_y5/status/1595611617869398016 lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
She is pretty darn cute though

:lmao: poor Denji

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This is like seeing an anime girl trip over thin air and faceplant, except more drawn out and painful for everyone involved.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

This is like seeing an anime girl trip over thin air and faceplant, except more drawn out and painful for everyone involved.

ya I liked that part of family burger too

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Seems like Fami has recruited the Eternity Devil given that Denji recognizes the ability. That being said, it got powered up last time by the gun devil; I wonder how its powers work unbuffed or if Fami has powered it up in some way. Fami does have this ability given that she can resurrect Yuko and make her powers go berserk.

MizuZero posted:

the aforementioned 30-armed species

Where is the Starfish devil?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Flair posted:

Don't be silly, no one could be scared of starfish

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

With Chainsaw Man currently Denji who is killing Devils in hell I wonder. The Blood Devil?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Flair posted:

Seems like Fami has recruited the Eternity Devil given that Denji recognizes the ability. That being said, it got powered up last time by the gun devil; I wonder how its powers work unbuffed or if Fami has powered it up in some way. Fami does have this ability given that she can resurrect Yuko and make her powers go berserk.

considering gun devil flesh and darkness devil flesh works as a way to boost power, famine being able boost and steal power could make sense. Literally the power of Feast or famine

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

ImpAtom posted:

With Chainsaw Man currently Denji who is killing Devils in hell I wonder. The Blood Devil?

I just assumed that devils don't play nice in general and they all kill each other whenever they feel like it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I don't think we need much of an explanation past "If a powerful devil in hell doesn't like you (Darkness, for example) you're getting a one-way ticket back to Earth"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

I just assumed that devils don't play nice in general and they all kill each other whenever they feel like it.

Didn't Angel say that all the devils remember the sound of chainsaws before they die?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
probably in more of a figurative/mythic sense

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't Angel say that all the devils remember the sound of chainsaws before they die?

No he says that devil's don't remember being reborn or their time in Hell and tells Aki it's like remembering the womb. However the devils he spoke to who worked for the special division all remembered the sound of the chainsaw. Not all devils. I had always assumed that Makima had specifically collected devils/fiends whom chainsaw had killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, I don't think we need much of an explanation past "If a powerful devil in hell doesn't like you (Darkness, for example) you're getting a one-way ticket back to Earth"

You know, this kinda brings up the question of why Darkness decided to attack the gang when they got send to Hell. I know the common theory is to bait Makima, but why would Darkness even want to kill her in the first place?

Maybe the gang just got dropped into Darkness' territory by coincidence, and it would have obliterated anyone who entered in, and they easily could have been dropped into Death or Plague's territory instead.