Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jerkface posted:

WHEW thank gently caress thats done, now on to the Heresy penances

They're actually way easier. Grab a shotgun and unload it into the final boss of an assassination for the ammo one. For the other one just grab the helbore lasgun and the "identifies shooters" talent + the volley refreshes upon killing a designated enemy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

dogstile posted:

They're actually way easier. Grab a shotgun and unload it into the final boss of an assassination for the ammo one. For the other one just grab the helbore lasgun and the "identifies shooters" talent + the volley refreshes upon killing a designated enemy one.

Oh ya im not worried about the volley one, my kantrael domes in volley fire and theres plenty of opportunities with like 20+ highlighted shooters in spots - the ammo one seems like it will be annoying in that it could go a little wrong (like i cant empty all my ammo in time if my teams curb stomping or whatever)

Finally get to start running level 4s which will be nice too since I complete level 3's fairly easily even in PUG with my vet

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jerkface posted:

What is the axe pattern thats actually good? I got this which surface level seems really good but i'm not changing off my powersword to find out :argh:

A good rule of thumb for any melee weapon is to Inspect, look at its attack pattern, and look for Vanguard or Relentless icons since those indicate broad swings. Assssin and Strikedown are the single-target ones that are good for individual damage, which is not really what you want out of a melee weapon to hack through mobs with.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Atrox swings so fast that its great for mobs. It's like using an old blender wep in vt2. Favorite of the axes.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Jerkface posted:

What is the axe pattern thats actually good? I got this which surface level seems really good but i'm not changing off my powersword to find out :argh:

This has a good, versatile attack pattern. And its speed makes up for the rest. That's the axe I use on my Zealot.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there a list yet of the various Mks of weapons and which of them tend to excel in specific areas?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The dueling sword on the Psyker is another weapon that looks like it would be boring but is actually ridiculous. As long as you allow yourself enough space to move you can keep quickstepping around with every attack and nothing can hit you. Plays unlike any other melee weapon I've used and I'm pretty sure you can abuse to sprint attack to move faster than regular sprint speed if you're trying to get through levels quickly.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Internet Explorer posted:

This has a good, versatile attack pattern. And its speed makes up for the rest. That's the axe I use on my Zealot.

Thats goood, maybe it will end up like the dagger which i actually liked a lot and was great for crowd control because of how fast you were and how fast you attacked. I'll have to try it out when they nerf the powersword*

*I wonder how they will nerf it though, lore wise it SHOULD gently caress because its one of the best CC weapons PERIOD with an incredibly OP armor piercing power field, so like the weapon is actually lore accurate and should beat a bunch of shovels and axes, but i dunno its just so good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know it's contradictory to ~lore~ but giving it some sort of battery that's consumed when the charge is used so you can't just use it infinitely would probably be one of the most obvious ways to go. or an overheat meter.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

is there a /unstick command or anything like that?

The mutants always throw me through walls and then I get stuck unable to move

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

I've tried the MkII version of this one and it's good, but so far I like the Antax MkV a little more -- its slower but it kills armored stuff a lot faster. I gotta try a MkVII of the Atrox, though.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What I really like, never played VT so no clue if this is in it, is that all of your melee options are available from crouch and dont move you out of it. If I'm holding a doorway or something for my team as a zealot I just crouch and everyone can shoot directly above my head while I wave my eviscerator that's the size of a normal space marine chainsword around

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i know it's contradictory to ~lore~ but giving it some sort of battery that's consumed when the charge is used so you can't just use it infinitely would probably be one of the most obvious ways to go. or an overheat meter.

Incoming :goonsay: but a lot of power weapons in use by Imperium humans are used in an off state a lot because they’re inferior versions to elite troop (Astartes, Sisters, Assassinorium, etc) and the power sheath would eat away at the weapon if they left it on all the time. Overheating would actually work fine for that.

Though who knows if that’s changed fluff wise, it is a little silly to just make the big troops more special it feels like.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
IIRC, at some point a power weapon was worth like 2 or 3 guardsmen models in TT. They're really special in terms of lore.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I rolled a hammer with "ignore hit miss for .5 seconds on hit" or something like that and I just do heavy swings all day like a lawnmower, it's fun

I have the same! 355 base hammer with +damage to poxwalkers, +sprint, impact on repeated hits, and ignore hit mass. Dumped 30 levels worth of diamantine on it as a green because I was sick of waiting for the perfect hammer to show up. Kind of love it, though. I had hoped for +damage vs elites or some sexy power buffs or something, but I think the crowd control stuff is actually better. I can already blast off nearly half of a monstrosity's hp with a charge/charged heavy swing and one shot anything less. I've got a boltgun for deleting crushers and bulwarks. Being able to ragdoll infinite numbers of poxwalkers (and anything else) in a swing is pretty legit.

Edit: But I wish I could see the buff stacks, too. I can see on my little buff icon bar what I'm pretty certain are my feat buffs stacking up. Neither of the weapon buffs seem to show up there, though. Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I'm just placebo effecting myself into thinking that the weapon buffs are actually working. Would I be ragdolling all of these enemies with any hammer?

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 8, 2022

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

IIRC, at some point a power weapon was worth like 2 or 3 guardsmen models in TT. They're really special in terms of lore.

A normal chainsword can be a relic handed down for ages, a powersword is a tier even beyond that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The dueling sword on the Psyker is another weapon that looks like it would be boring but is actually ridiculous. As long as you allow yourself enough space to move you can keep quickstepping around with every attack and nothing can hit you. Plays unlike any other melee weapon I've used and I'm pretty sure you can abuse to sprint attack to move faster than regular sprint speed if you're trying to get through levels quickly.

Post the one you're using? There are variants and on difficulty 3 the one I used was rear end with a light headshot failing to kill a single zombie and a heavy headshot + light headshot failing to kill a single dreg football player. it was like the saltz rapier with all of its disadvantages but without the part that it actually does substantial headshot damage. switched to a force sword and it was far better.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Post the one you're using? There are variants and on difficulty 3 the one I used was rear end with a light headshot failing to kill a single zombie and a heavy headshot + light headshot failing to kill a single dreg football player. it was like the saltz rapier with all of its disadvantages but without the part that it actually does substantial headshot damage. switched to a force sword and it was far better.

Some trashy green, I'm still doing the leveling and only playing up to haz 3 for now but the moveset was more fun than the rest of the swords I've used and seemed relatively effective. I'm trying to spam force lightning most of the time to cc everything so all the dashing around helps to stay alive and get more distance between me and the mobs while cooling down. Not sure how well that can hold up on haz 4/5 or what bonuses are best for it but it helped me pull back a seemingly doomed mission where everyone else went down and I had to fight off a wave by myself before I could revive them.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Chainclaw posted:

is there a /unstick command or anything like that?

The mutants always throw me through walls and then I get stuck unable to move

If you get stuck and want to continue the map, you should alt-f4 and then reconnect to the game. Bots can teleport to friendly players so depending on how fast you load, the bot should get you unstuck.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

large friends, please teach me how to Ogryn

i have no idea what i'm doing moment to moment, besides getting shot in the back by my team a lot

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Ciaphas posted:

i have no idea what i'm doing moment to moment, besides getting shot in the back by my team a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_fuzg6KRw

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally got the VId in the store after several days! :woop:

It has bad stats. :sigh:

This is such a terrible system.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

not sure what lessons to take from this but drat if it wasn't funny

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I've been doing some psykanium testing.

There are six armor types:
(BTW remember that dregs are the dudes in loose tan wraps and scabs are the dudes in black-brown armor.)

Unarmored: dreg gunners (except on their flak armor chests and left lower leg), scab snipers, groaners (the trash zombies that look partially human rather than walking corpses), dreg autogun generic enemies and the dreg melee guys (except on their flak armored heads)
Infested: poxwalkers (the rotting zombies) and the pox hound
Unyielding: the unarmored parts of ogryn
Maniac: mutie, dreg tox flamer, scab flamer, dreg rager, scab trapper
Flak Armor: any scab that isn't listed somewhere else. scab maulers have carapace head, generic scab melee dudes have unarmored heads.
Carapace Armor: crushers

Generic scab lasgun guys have surprisingly complicated armor. The ones with long sleeves have flak armor everywhere except on their upper legs, which are unarmored. The ones with short sleeves have flak armor on their head and torso but have unarmored arms and unarmored legs.
Reapers have carapace lower arms and flak torsos and unyielding everywhere else.
Bulwarks have carapace arms and lower legs and unyielding everywhere else, but are immune to damage in the arc of their shield facing.
The Bulwark's shield is immune to damage (but not stagger) from projectiles, hitscan shooting, and melee, and wider than the shield facing, covering about 180 degrees when it's raised and a smaller area pointing a different direction when he's in other animations, like staggering, attacking, or climbing. (So you can't hit him in the weapon arm or the toes from the front.) It blocks the ogryn's grenade box impact (but not the stagger from it), Purgatus staff flames (and I assume the flamer), the Trauma staff explosion based on your position relative to him (so you can't blow it up behind him if you're in front of him and do damage), and Voidstrike bolts, but not brainburst, many explosions (including the psyker's perils explosion), Rumbler grenade explosions, and (IIRC) the vet's frag grenade.

I don't know for certain what the monstrosities have and testing would be difficult.

Also something I found out while testing this to actually write it down: if you uppercut carapace armor as the ogryn, he shakes his hand like it hurt.

Pennsylvanian posted:

For Psyker, you kind of eventually have to let go of your preconceptions of brain-bursting, which will free you up to be an absolute monster. Indypride posted a good build and I used it to carry people through difficulty 3 and 4 last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ay9ZPxgs40

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Here's another build which I will try when I level my psyker more. It's a different take which seems to make your psyker play more like a veteran, if that's your thing. Turns your guy into a bullet wizard, if you want to be a gun user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiC9uhaqtf8

These are both from a few pages back but these are bad builds, because they both treat Soulfire like it's a thing you care about. Soulfire contributes absolute poo poo for damage. Triggering Wrack and Ruin, for example, causes 45-55 damage on the surrounding enemies. Triggering Ascendant Blaze at four stacks of Warp Charge does 180~220, which is enough to one-shot all weak trash zombies at 3*, but only one of the two weakest types (groaners but not poxwalkers) at 4* and none at 5*. This means feats that contribute Soulfire stacks or trigger from killing enemies with Soulfire are mostly trash.

Also! Warp charges are a fake idea. Feats that give you extra warp charges are nice (but not necessarily the best option overall), but you should not be focusing on building up warp charges as a goal unto itself unless you are specifically going for that penance to keep four charges stacked or you have some sort of galaxy brained damage breakpoint in mind and are too advanced for me to understand. But don't worry about looking at your actual number of warp charges at any point. It doesn't matter.

(A caveat: at six stacks, Ascendant Blaze does ~360-480, which is more than enough to one-shot all trash enemies but just little enough to not one-shot any specials or elites at 5*. At 4*, it can one-shot the very squishy specials, which is not useful but is funny. If there's ever a good way to stack up Warp Charges other than the currently existing feats, this might be worth fooling with.)

So what's a good psyker build?

A staff. Gunwizard is not a thing; no matter how you build a psyker, you're not going to be as tough or as good at shooting a gun as a veteran. You're mainly relying on the fact that the charged attacks on your force staffs gently caress. The best staff is Voidstrike, which shoots a bolt of energy that penetrates enemies (and allies!) and explodes when it hits a solid object. It's a little slow but it does have AFAICT infinity range with no falloff. This isn't a fireball or rocket launcher, but rather a railgun. You should be looking to create situations where you're shooting at head level through a mob of enemies, or shooting at a faraway enemy through as many intervening enemies as possible. Melee dude sneaks up on you? No problem, dodge back so he's in front of you and shoot through him. The absolute best Blessing is Transfer Peril, which quells some perils every time you get a weakspot hit. This staff can get many, many weakspot hits when shooting through a crowd. The other blessings are just there and I've never actually noticed having or not having any of them; the only really useless one is Run and Gun, since you can only use your quickshot while sprinting, which you won't often want to shoot in the direction you're running. The only time this is really bad is against a Crusher that's gotta die right now, a Bulwark, or a monstrosity, but all of those are problems you can solve with brainburst or melee.

Surge and Purgatus are okay. Surge is chain lightning, and can stunlock anything but a monstrosity. Unfortunately, it doesn't hit that many targets, and does dogshit damage, so you're kinda signing up to be a stunbot, and if the rest of the party isn't ready to pick up the slack on your bad damage then you'll just eventually get overrun by enemies that aren't dying. Purgatus is a flamethrower with decent short-ranged AOE but the charge time and perils cost mean it has a lot of downtime. Plus, unlike the other staffs, the quickshot is a harmless puff of flame that is weaker than the comedy option of whacking enemies with the staff. Purgatus's DOT is considered Soulfire for related feats, but the actual damage from shooting enemies isn't, so the Soulfire feats are still bad.

Trauma is, unfortunately, trash that you quickly level past. Its charge shot is a circle that you paint on the ground that slowly expands, but the AOE is tiny and it takes a bunch of time and perils to charge up the circle and the damage is already struggling on 3*. I wanted to love this staff so much and I even have a very nicely rolled one but it's garbage. Hopefully it gets buffed.

Melee is freestyle. The Force Sword has a neat longer-ranged push, gets extra damage from feat *1****, you can block bullets with it with the Deflector blessing (which is further enhanced by ***1**), and warp-enhanced heavy attacks do more damage per second than brainbursting in most situations if the weapon is well-rolled. Heavy attack spam or push - light - heavy are your bread and butter. I do like it a lot but its cleave is only okay, although Voidstrike or Puragatus can help with that. If you don't like that sword, the Chainsword is very similar and has better cleave (also on heavy attacks), doesn't generate perils when you rev it, and only underperforms on carapace armor. (It also has a neat option to rev - push attack to pick a specific enemy out of a crowd in a very safe way, but this won't one-shot muties or elites on high difficulties.) The Antax Mk V axe is on par with these IMO if you want a more basic weapon: decent cleave on the push attack, and using heavy attacks on ogryn or light attacks on everything else is less burst but comparable DPS to chainsword and force sword powered-up heavy attacks. The fencing sword and knife are better mobility with even worse burst, hard target DPS, and cleave; I don't like them but they do provide something unique. The other axes and devil's claw sword are weapons that you will definitely see in the shop.

Feats! I'm not going to bother with the names, because I don't care about them and I've already written 1200 gd words about this.

I use 212231 but I don't have a Deflection force sword yet.

Tier 1:
3 for leveling, 2 for effort (unless you're using Surge). 1 is slow and unreliable because there's really no reliable way to guarantee you'll get warp charges without seriously crippling yourself in some other way. 2 is just constant toughness refills with Voidstrike or Purgatus. (I'm honestly not sure if 2 works with the force sword but it's not something that really matters.)

Tier 2: 1 if you're comfortable with how hot you run, 2 if you're not. 3 is dogshit damage and you'll lose more damage from loving around trying to activate it than it will ever actually do on its own. If a red target is standing in the middle of a pack of dudes, that's a perfect time to use your force staff attack on him.

Tier 3: 2. Best goddamned feat in the game. If this only worked on you, it would be a very strong feat. The fact that it works on everyone is just way over the top. 1 is nice but not as nice as having your ult up all the time and kinda unreliable; it's really only useful for doing that "keep four warp charge stacks up" penance. 3 adds damage to monstrosities, which are the only enemies that aren't half-dead after being brain bursted. But honestly, refreshing everyone's ults is probably contributing more damage even on bosses.

Tier 4: 2 is a passive survivability gain just for taking the next talent. 1 is clutch for picking people up and pretty close to an ogryn shield if you have a Deflector force sword. Both are fine choices. 3 is just for leveling or slumming in easy missions with impatient teammates.

Tier 5: None of these are actually Good good. I use 3 because it's funny and gives you a warp charge sometimes. 3 also helps you keep up warp charges for that penance. 3 does not make guns on psyker viable, however, because it's prone to proccing on random trash enemies instead of stuff that matters, and because it can't make a psyker with a gun as good as a psyker with Voidstrike. (I guess 3 with a gun might be good on monstrosities, but you have brainburst or melee for that.) 1 doesn't do anything unless you're actively trying to stack up warp charges, which is not something you should do. 2 does mediocre damage and can randomly pull demonhosts, so gently caress that noise.

Tier 6: 1 all day. Ulting more often is good, and warp charges are fake. 3 is viable if you don't want to lose your warp charge stack (I guess you're still doing that penance), or just as an option to pull out the stops and rush down a crusher or something. 2 does poo poo for damage outside of a gimmick that you probably shouldn't bother with, and while Purgatus can proc it, only the dot counts, so it's much less reliable than that 10% number might imply, and having your ult more often is more value than some lovely damage and higher warp charge uptime anyway. Again, an option with Purgatus for that warp charge penance but not a good feat otherwise.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 8, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

(BTW remember that scabs are the dudes in loose tan wraps and dregs are the dudes in black-brown armor.)

Wrong way around. Otherwise great post, just important.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there an answer to muties outside of "kill them before they get close"? Dodging them rarely works and you can't push them away.

Dogs are easy enough to dodge and/or push as they leap in, but I haven't found a consistent way of dealing with muties.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Instead of paying attention to your math for MUTANT FREAKS, I will simply trust in the Emperor and the giant two handed chainsaw he hath given me

Orv
May 4, 2011

Floppychop posted:

Is there an answer to muties outside of "kill them before they get close"? Dodging them rarely works and you can't push them away.

Dogs are easy enough to dodge and/or push as they leap in, but I haven't found a consistent way of dealing with muties.

Being near a wall so they can't do their slam punch animation will cause them to throw you without damage which means more time to kill them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

May I present,

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Learning the dodge timing seems to be the thing. I nail it 100% of the time when there's no other pressure, but usually you are dealing with some other bullshit that makes it harder to time.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there a list yet of the various Mks of weapons and which of them tend to excel in specific areas?

If you go to the veteran channel of the discord they have a good break down of the firearms.

Orv
May 4, 2011

S.J. posted:

May I present,

So I'd actually argue that this is pretty bad for what you want from the Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is the Ogryn's problem solver/remover and will happily and easily one shot things to their unarmored head with zero issue. The things that you might want to potentially immediately remove that won't get happily one shot on higher difficulties or if you don't have time to aim for the head are Scab Gunners, Flamers, Ragers and Mutants. Gunners, Flamers and Mutants are extremely dangerous, Ragers will get staggered by the Gauntlet no matter what so I think they're less dangerous immediately. Knocking over Crushers and Reapers is great with the Gauntlet but ideally someone else will finish them because each one typically takes 3-6 grenades and isn't worth it.

+20% to Maniacs
+20% to Flak Armor

Gloryhunter; +X% Toughness on Elite Kill
Shattering Impact

Would be my ideal I think. Shattering just because the Gauntlet blessings are really limited and I suppose there's no harm.

Just my thoughts though because I've been thinking hard about what you want from the Gauntlet.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kith posted:

A good rule of thumb for any melee weapon is to Inspect, look at its attack pattern, and look for Vanguard or Relentless icons since those indicate broad swings. Assssin and Strikedown are the single-target ones that are good for individual damage, which is not really what you want out of a melee weapon to hack through mobs with.

Taking another look at my two-handed chainsword's heavy attacks showed me that, no, the sweeping slash is somehow a single-target one and not the crowd-clearing blow I thought it was.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Jerkface posted:

that's a sick axe

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

that's a sick axe

Shred works better for the better Zealot build, it yeah it's pretty nice.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not the best by any means, but I do my best to keep the littles alive the best I can. Draw the aggro, stun the dudes, get in hits when you get chances. In that order.

My general rule is if I know enemies are anywhere close, I have my melee out and I'm defending more than attacking, with semi frequent pushes to keep hordes as stationary as possible for the heavier hitters either joining in melee or laying into the jerks at range. Don't forget that you can still scoot with the best of them with dodges, too.

Figure out the patterns of your melee weapon. Is it worth the extra stamina for a follow up attack? I main with a shield, so I have a standard pattern against scabs of defend -> push -> follow-up because I know the follow up is a good head bonk that does wonders against the armored jerks and the frequent pushing keeps them from hitting me.

tl:dr just get a feel for weapons and try to focus more on just keeping the pressure off your team more than getting kills. And someone will probably drop in with better advice than me, so listen to them.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
As an Ogryn, work the flanks, don't be right up in the enemy's front because your friends are looking to shoot at them. Doubly so if you don't even have a shield, you're just turning yourself into a big ole target and as diffs get higher, shooters get more plentiful and more dangerous.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Orv posted:

So I'd actually argue that this is pretty bad for what you want from the Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is the Ogryn's problem solver/remover and will happily and easily one shot things to their unarmored head with zero issue. The things that you might want to potentially immediately remove that won't get happily one shot on higher difficulties or if you don't have time to aim for the head are Scab Gunners, Flamers, Ragers and Mutants. Gunners, Flamers and Mutants are extremely dangerous, Ragers will get staggered by the Gauntlet no matter what so I think they're less dangerous immediately. Knocking over Crushers and Reapers is great with the Gauntlet but ideally someone else will finish them because each one typically takes 3-6 grenades and isn't worth it.

+20% to Maniacs
+20% to Flak Armor

Gloryhunter; +X% Toughness on Elite Kill
Shattering Impact

Would be my ideal I think. Shattering just because the Gauntlet blessings are really limited and I suppose there's no harm.

Just my thoughts though because I've been thinking hard about what you want from the Gauntlet.

The critical hit portion of it is the only genuinely bad part - the rest is incredibly useful. I already one shot most flak armored enemies, and unarmored does, at least, catch scab ragers and helps the AoEs do damage with a lot of other stuff.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Anyone running ogryn damnation runs regularly?

Are you using a bull Cleaver or shield and club or something different?

Also, the Grenadier gauntlet is the best right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Anyone running ogryn damnation runs regularly?

Are you using a bull Cleaver or shield and club or something different?

Also, the Grenadier gauntlet is the best right?

bull butcher cleaver and stubber for stages with big long-ranged setpieces or big open areas (the mission where you steal a train, the stupid toxin vault in the desert), ripper mk 2 for everything else atm although i'm mainly experimenting with the ripper. i'm just not fond of the grenade gauntlet; i'd use the rumbler first.