Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the quake fruit was essentially pure destruction. extending that to everything in his vicinity would likely have awful consequences for his allies. or maybe whitebeard was too old to handle it, or was so strong otherwise that he never needed to learn how.

I mean, I'm down for Whitebeard having an awakened fruit just for the fact that the guy was a living legend and went toe to toe with Rogers. Plus he was an emperor on top of that. I feel like when you're that big of a deal, you typically ought to have an awakened fruit by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

Tarkovsky’s One Piece
Roronoa Zoro is the only person in the world who can navigate The Zone without a stalker

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
We got the black lightning so it looks like Lucci has conquerors at least, which doesn't really surprise me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Destiny...fate...dreams...These unstoppable ideas are held deep in the heart of man! As long as there are people who seek freedom in this life, these things shall not vanish from the earth.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rohan Kishibe posted:

We got the black lightning so it looks like Lucci has conquerors at least, which doesn't really surprise me.

while conquerors always has black lightning sparks, black lightning sparks doesn't always mean conquerors haki. It gets used frequently for strong haki clashes regardless

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
why would a secret policeman celestial dragon cuck have conqueror's haki...

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

Lucci might be lame on a lot of levels but he’s also instigating combat with a guy they just found out can warp reality despite orders to not loving do that, it takes some stones regardless of being a pussy. Not that i think it is that yet.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

No Wave posted:

Dude has a singular focus on getting insanely strong and killing people, and conqueror’s has always seemed to be a power people get when their concentrated will is so strong that it can manifest externally. IIRC he straight-up says at one point that his motivation for serving the WG is that they’re the best means of allowing him to murder folks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scholtz posted:

I mean, Luffy clearly isn't fighting that seriously. Maybe that's kind of a drawback of Gear 5 though?

Yeah I think it's this. I think Lucci is gonna get stomped next chapter

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I thought it was a very messy chapter and the whole action sequence wasn't really that good. Let's see were it goes from here but for now I'm not impressed.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gomu gomu no mole pistol kicked rear end

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Luffy whips out a big ol' band-aid out of nowhere and slaps it on Sentomaru, and suddenly he's right as rain.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Supersonic Shine posted:

Luffy whips out a big ol' band-aid out of nowhere and slaps it on Sentomaru, and suddenly he's right as rain.

I support this, if only because it'd be funny as hell if Chopper wasn't even the best doctor on the crew.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

YggdrasilTM posted:

I thought it was a very messy chapter and the whole action sequence wasn't really that good. Let's see were it goes from here but for now I'm not impressed.

I liked the individual moments, but yeah the panel layout this chapter was a loving mess

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

the middle part of the chapter had some of oda's worst tendencies with page layouts. Its definitely meant to be viewed in a double page spread and having to zoom in on a screen makes it look worse

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Unless we explicitly see attacks sparking without directly connecting I'm just gonna think it's regular strong haki like Luffy stopping Doflamingo in Dressrosa

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mabels big day posted:

the middle part of the chapter had some of oda's worst tendencies with page layouts. Its definitely meant to be viewed in a double page spread and having to zoom in on a screen makes it look worse

honestly i think oda has been getting sloppier and sloppier, but one piece is still very good. i think hes starting to lose steam but is far from losing it. wano really felt that way. like it seemed like he had so much more going on with kaido and then just decided to drop whatever hints he was going for

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

:wtc:

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

ChaseSP posted:

Unless we explicitly see attacks sparking without directly connecting I'm just gonna think it's regular strong haki like Luffy stopping Doflamingo in Dressrosa

Wasn't that explicitly a clash where both their Conqueror attributes were reacting to the clash of Haki?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Sometimes it feels like Oda just wants to draw a ton of cool spreads, but then his editor tells him to keep the page count in check. So a bunch of extra panels that should've been on a separate page get crammed in and messy the page layout.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I had a thought about the fruits. The Roger pirates never ate any, and shanks only found the “gum gum” fruit after roger had died.

I wonder if someone eats a fruit, it becomes tied with their will, and when they die, as we’ve seen, the fruit regrows somewhere else.

But if someone doesn’t eat a fruit, and say, inspires the whole world to head to sea for adventure, maybe that brings something back into the world, somewhere else, that had to have Roger create the path, even if luffy is the one who will walk down it. Maybe the gum gum fruit hasn’t been growing and regrowing for centuries, maybe it’s only manifested a few times like when the gorosei mention its popped up a few times.

That might also tie into shanks being on foosha. If a fruit returned to the world because of roger’s efforts and sacrifice, it’d make sense to find roger’s son and give it to him. Plans change however, of course.

It’s not a fully thought out theory but i had been thinking about the pointedness of people *not* accepting fruits. Maybe there is a certain degree of freedom lost in taking one that goes beyond being cursed by the sea, but stopping short of taking over your mind itself?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

No Wave posted:

chinjao?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Jose posted:

chinjao?

Don Chinjao was pretty dang ambitious with his goal to make his family into a decades-old pirate dynasty, plus that treasure hoard was pretty big.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, has there been a member of the wg with conquerer's haki before? lots of armament and observation, but i can't think of any conquerers.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Sengoku and garp, presumably some or all of the gorosei/Im

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i dunno, has there been a member of the wg with conquerer's haki before? lots of armament and observation, but i can't think of any conquerers.

It's not what you meant but the warlords were members of the WG. So Dofy would count.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just realized, the stuff about Devil Fruits kinda recontextualizes something Kaido said in a fun way. He said that it doesn't matter if you have a Devil Fruit and that the only thing that matters is haki/will. So you could interpret that now as saying it doesn't matter how much desire you have if you don't have the will to act upon it and make it a reality.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

JahRoo posted:

Sengoku and garp, presumably some or all of the gorosei/Im

Don't think Garp's shown he has conquerors

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized, the stuff about Devil Fruits kinda recontextualizes something Kaido said in a fun way. He said that it doesn't matter if you have a Devil Fruit and that the only thing that matters is haki/will. So you could interpret that now as saying it doesn't matter how much desire you have if you don't have the will to act upon it and make it a reality.

always trust Kaido, PhD, about devil fruits

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Iirc the Vivre Card databooks list Sengoku as having Conqueror's

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Don't think Garp's shown he has conquerors

It's only been implied that Dragon and Garp both have it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pureauthor posted:

Iirc the Vivre Card databooks list Sengoku as having Conqueror's

The conquering ambitions of The Buddha.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Funky Valentine posted:

If you encounter Sengoku on the path, you must kill him.... because he ordered Ace's execution :argh:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Aren’t the vivre cards full of erroneous stuff like Lucci having haki preskip and I think adding fuel to the Yamoto gender “debate”?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Theres no reason to say for sure that Lucci *didn't* have haki preskip

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Buddha will forgive you 3 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z7PksYw-08

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kild posted:

It's only been implied that Dragon and Garp both have it.

At this point it seems like everyone with the D. has conquerors haki. Everyone else seems like it's a low likelihood.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

oh THATS why the Sun God was only mentioned in Skypeia

it's the only place that couldn't be wiped from history, cause the World Government can't suppress a place they can't reach :boom:

Also the Rob Lucci/Luffy rematch is kickin' rad, I love how Oda starts the kickoff of the arc with an End Game Boss Fight, we gonna go to the Fireworks Factory by Nika we're gonna set it up right :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I think it's really neat that even as people continue to mention the Awakened Zoan in Impel Down, Vegapunk contextualizes it with his comment that "most awakened zoan powers tend to overwhelm one's mind."
Luffy completely vibing with his fruit's desire makes sense!