Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
BATTLE ROYAL
JOE VS DARBY
BCC VS JAS
BADDIES VS HOGAN/MADISON/BLUE
ACCLAIMED VS FTR
View Results

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I met Jon Moxley on Saturday and he was super cool and funny.

The guys in front of me had him sign a bunch of stuff and then started asking him about CM Punk and Mox just said "I don't wanna discuss anything like that" and the guys got really offended and started trying to film him and wouldn't leave until a security guy stepped in.

When Mox signed my book he goes "There are some WEIRD motherfuckers here today, huh?". Then he fist bumped my wife and I when I said I'm looking forward to his match with Hangman.

10/10 interaction, love that Mox.

Later on I saw those guys complaining that Moxley "only talked to us for like 20 seconds and didn't tell us anything we didn't know". Very curious how many of those guys are on twitter every day complaining about Tony Con-man.

That's like the last thing I would want to know if I had a few minutes to shoot the poo poo with Moxley. People are so weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They were hunting down the scoops, and Mox let them down. Now their podcast will never get off the ground

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A Fancy Hat posted:

The guys in front of me had him sign a bunch of stuff and then started asking him about CM Punk and Mox just said "I don't wanna discuss anything like that" and the guys got really offended and started trying to film him and wouldn't leave until a security guy stepped in.

When Mox signed my book he goes "There are some WEIRD motherfuckers here today, huh?". Then he fist bumped my wife and I when I said I'm looking forward to his match with Hangman.

Later on I saw those guys complaining that Moxley "only talked to us for like 20 seconds and didn't tell us anything we didn't know". Very curious how many of those guys are on twitter every day complaining about Tony Con-man.
I should have gone to Steel City Con since I was down in Monroeville any with the family, not even that expensive either! (Unless you wanted autographs with Taker since his were apparently really expensive lol)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

When I met Moxley I asked what was in his Fanny Pack and he said “cigarettes”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They were hunting down the scoops, and Mox let them down. Now their podcast will never get off the ground

They should get them posting on dead internet forums like the rest of us

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

I should have gone to Steel City Con since I was down in Monroeville any with the family, not even that expensive either! (Unless you wanted autographs with Taker since his were apparently really expensive lol)

I saw some pictures people took with Undertaker, he wouldn't even stand up to get a photo with people unless you paid for the $200 professional photo. Crowds were totally insane, too, to the point that I was really happy to get out of that building by the end of it.

Mox rules, though, very happy to meet him. And MJF is at the next one, so I'm excited to see his particular type of fan interaction there.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vertvixen is back!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Vertvixen is back!

Thunder Rosa's friends have been forgiven! (as soon as they get back to Texas)

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I still think about that time Nick Jackson drank the brown mystery liquid every once in a while

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's Monday! That means two sleeps until it's Wednesday (my dudes)!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't know if I ever told my Meeting Mox Story but I met him at Axxess in New Orleans at Mania 30. Some folks were more outwardly gregarious (Dolph Ziggler was genuinely nice to me, believe it or not, as was Hacksaw), but Mox was most memorable. I went up to him to get an autograph and was using one of those program thingies they sell to have people sign, and as I'm going to pass it off, one of the pages falls out of the binding, and Mox, loud as anything, goes, "JESUS CHRIST! We charge people an arm and a leg, they come from all over the world for this experience, gigantic company, and we skimp on materials? What is this crap?!"

Talked to me for a few minutes and took a photo with me and another PSP lurker goon doing the Shield pose. 10/10, will never forget it.

EDIT: Also I was in the middle in the Reigns spot. :clint:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 12, 2022

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That story is cool. I'm going to pretend Mox has opinions on card stocks, binding types, fonts, etc because it makes him even better to me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Why are we talking about FTR leaving.

pretty obvious from their last two matches

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

When people lose it means they're quitting. Just fantastic Monday AEW thread analysis

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

papa h is calling his boys home
https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1601721087368495104

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1602327469213769729?t=vVUJLq99ifL-PZnZo9UcBg&s=19

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

No idea where the FTR chat came from, is that related to the rumour Jericho is going back to the fed?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I can't believe FTR was Cody the whole time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks like they will be getting the "F' out of AEW come may 2023!!!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't know if I ever told my Meeting Mox Story but I met him at Axxess in New Orleans at Mania 30. Some folks were more outwardly gregarious (Dolph Ziggler was genuinely nice to me, believe it or not, as was Hacksaw), but Mox was most memorable. I went up to him to get an autograph and was using one of those program thingies they sell to have people sign, and as I'm going to pass it off, one of the pages falls out of the binding, and Mox, loud as anything, goes, "JESUS CHRIST! We charge people an arm and a leg, they come from all over the world for this experience, gigantic company, and we skimp on materials? What is this crap?!"

Talked to me for a few minutes and took a photo with me and another PSP lurker goon doing the Shield pose. 10/10, will never forget it.

EDIT: Also I was in the middle in the Reigns spot. :clint:

I met Bray Wyatt at Mania 29. Had a ridiculous sign with me (Fandango's head on a Bulbasaur. In joke with my brother), asked Bray to sign it. He tried very hard to keep character, stared at it for three seconds, broke up laughing. "Pffffft okay" and I have a picture with him smiling huge

And that's why Bray Wyatt is awesome and everyone else is wrong :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoZ9xd97uxE

Cutler's makeup game is insane in that pixar bit.

Very, very into "every big guy in the locker room tries to lift a super big dumbell"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

I met Bray Wyatt at Mania 29. Had a ridiculous sign with me (Fandango's head on a Bulbasaur. In joke with my brother), asked Bray to sign it. He tried very hard to keep character, stared at it for three seconds, broke up laughing. "Pffffft okay" and I have a picture with him smiling huge

And that's why Bray Wyatt is awesome and everyone else is wrong :colbert:

Bray has always seemed like an awesome dude.

I might make an "Awesome interactions you've had with wrestlers" thread for stories like this :)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

No idea where the FTR chat came from, is that related to the rumour Jericho is going back to the fed?

AEW is going to the Fed. Sorry, i mean A*W.

am I stupid-posting correctly, i need the experts on here to let me know

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

so FTR are heading back to the fed, right?

For the love of christ find a new gimmick.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I might make an "Awesome interactions you've had with wrestlers" thread for stories like this :)

I would love this thread. I've only met a few wrestlers but all of them have been great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I wonder if it'll be F*R next

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this was pretty funny

'hey are we gonna talk about this?'
'no'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

drat, never should have doubted the Phallus. FTR is leaving to go home.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Not a gimmick, relax please.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wonder if it'll be F*R next

That's a good one, I'll keep it for May

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I really wish people would stop giving them any air, honestly.

Sorry, I mean, stop giving them a*r.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoZ9xd97uxE

Cutler's makeup game is insane in that pixar bit.

Very, very into "every big guy in the locker room tries to lift a super big dumbell"

How did the super big dumbbell get there? Who put it there? This should be the subject of the AEW reality show.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Seams posted:

8 year olds understand wrestling on a deeper level than adults who are too busy theorycrafting and having panic attacks because their fav got pinned one time

this is true.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sandman McMahon posted:

Jericho feels about as likely as Mox to go back. He is constantly positioned well on TV, given tons of freedom, has been given backstage power and is treated with a ton of respect.

I expect him to maybe go back for a Mania when he’s ready to retire and secure the HOF slot, but not now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that an ultra-protected team who lost their last two matches in a row, including dropping a title belt would go back to WWE now that the booker who loved them is back in charge. Anyway. Back to talking about something else I suppose.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__ALHeHeiM

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that an ultra-protected team who lost their last two matches in a row, including dropping a title belt would go back to WWE now that the booker who loved them is back in charge. Anyway. Back to talking about something else I suppose.

It’s just as likely that they are dropping all the other promotions titles before getting the AEW titles back as TK doesn’t want his champions being pinned

Also, Dax isn’t a huge fan of the Kliq. Especially Shawn

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fed: The Return

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

i went to an ecw meet and greet when i was like 13 (before anarchy rulez 1999) and everyone was nice except for tommy dreamer who was a total rear end in a top hat, which was devastating to me at the time. the people i remember being the nicest to me were rvd, spike dudley, justin credible, and dawn marie. thats my only meeting wrestlers story.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It’s just as likely that they are dropping all the other promotions titles before getting the AEW titles back as TK doesn’t want his champions being pinned

Also, Dax isn’t a huge fan of the Kliq. Especially Shawn

I hope they win the AEW titles again soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I think it's a combination of New Japan wanting to strap up Aussie Open at Wrestle Kingdom and TK wanting his teams to get the rub of beating FTR first with ROH now having a weekly show sorted and TK wanting to put the tag belts on people that are going to be ROH-focused