Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

The Maestro posted:

Hell yea let’s go! Can’t believe Point Plumlee is a thing. Shows the true depths of Charlotte’s injury issues

You got me today but tomorrow I’ll have my revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Red Rox posted:

You got me today but tomorrow I’ll have my revenge

Hoo yea you got a lot of guys playing tomorrow. I’m the #1 Luka hater though so I can only assume his recent “skid” of sub-30 point games and poor 4th quarter showings means he’s gonna get shut down by the incredible backcourt defense of…Portland? Uh oh

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Yeah I definitely thought that might be possible at some point, but like for example, I went to bed with my roster sent one way, and woke up and say that it had activated Kyrie (not long after I went to bed) even though he was still out and completely undid that day and the rest of my week.

Yeah I can’t figure it out at all. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it I just occasionally check the score to see that I have three guys who are playing on the bench

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E: I'll leave this for posterity but I see the mistake now.

Man what the gently caress.

Rick fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 13, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Love to make a bid that's knowingly bad, win the bid, have a legal roster, but somehow it rejects the bid anyway.

And it was replacing a player who was in my utility slot so there is zero reason for that to happen. This sucks.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wait, so if I'm maxed at a position, I need to first cut a guy playing that position to make room for someone I may or may not get?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I actually understand why now, I didn't even think of it maxing out PFs but that is where the problem is. I kind of wish they would tell you because I would have just waited a few hours and made the bid when I could replace Hartenstein instead, which was the plan to begin with.

rivetz posted:

Wait, so if I'm maxed at a position, I need to first cut a guy playing that position to make room for someone I may or may not get?

Yeah it sucks.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Yeah the waiver system is kinda bad. Causes so much frustration.

In happier news, I think this is the first time I've scored over 2k in a week - any idea what the all time high score is haha. Usually my teams are lucky to get over the median. And JJJ is about to play again!

My Balls are balling!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
drat you had some guys go off! Darius :stonk: Figures I’d do well only to be playing the only team to do better. So it goes

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

That’s good, right?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chronicles posted:

That’s good, right?

drat. Looks like my Dejan Fantasy team from last week.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
So I dumped this year's draft into a spreadsheet and am cross-referencing with fantasy points to date to see who the early steals and busts are. This is base-level statistical comparison, just comparing where they were drafted with where they currently rank in fantasy points, both total and per-game. So if you drafted someone 40th overall and they current have the 50th-most total points, they'd have a -10 etc. Via that admittedly janky metric:

Best Deals, Total Points
2. Jordan Clarkson (109)
3. Kelly Oubre (100)
5. Isaiah Stewart (99)
7. Nic Claxton (95)
8. Lauri Markkanen (71)
9. Bojan Bogdanovic (71)
13. Kevin Porter (60)
14. Steven Adams (48)
16. Jaden Ivey (47)
18. Marcus Morris (45)

Best Deals, Points per Game
1. Jordan Clarkson (109)
2. Nic Claxton (95)
3. Kelly Oubre (100)
4. Anfernee Simons (35)
5. Isaiah Stewart (99)
6. Lauri Markkanen (71)
7. Marcus Morris (45)
8. Spencer Dinwiddie (39)
9. Kevin Porter Jr. (60)
10. Bennedict Mathurin (32)

Biggest Busts, Total Points
1. LaMelo Ball (-140)
2. Kawhi Leonard (-119)
3. Jarrett Allen (-109)
4. Darius Garland (-94)
5. Christian Wood (-83)
6. Myles Turner (-83)
7. Deandre Ayton (-82)
8. Chris Paul (-79)
9. Bradley Beal (-74)
10. Terry Rozier (-70)

Biggest Busts, Points per Game
1. Kawhi Leonard (-74)
2. Harrison Barnes (-62)
3. Deandre Ayton (-62)
4. LaMelo Ball (-55)
5. Klay Thompson (-54)
6. Collin Sexton (-54)
7. Christian Wood (-52)
8. Jabari Smith (-51)
9. Keegan Murray (-50)
10. Chris Paul (-49)

Again this is a stupidly linear/dippy way of looking at it. Eyeballing from the top of the draft down for best values:

SGA (drafted 33rd, currently 5th in total pts)
Spyda (drafted 29th, currently 6th in ppg)
Markannen (drafted 80th, currently 9th in total pts)
Porzingis (drafted 59th, currently 22nd in total pts)
Siakam (drafted 24th, currently 9th in ppg)

As far as busts, it's tougher w injuries, but Biggest Bust thus far goes to Ben Simmons w DeAndre Ayton not far behind. Simmons isn't on the rankings above because I only pulled in the top 160 scorers and before last night's 11-pt eruption he didn't make the cutoff. Ayton is at least doing something but not nearly enough - currently 93rd in ppg and 113th in total points, after being drafted 31st overall by yours truly. Honorable mention to Anthony Edwards (drafted 9th, 48th in ppg)

Also these lists do not include undrafted players. Top 5 FA signees, ranked by average ppg:
1. Brook Lopez
2. Kevin Huerter
3. Mason Plumlee
4. Bol Bol
5. Dennis Smith

I'll run this poo poo again a few times throughout the season and post anything cool I find

rivetz fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 17, 2022

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s even worse because I ditched Curry and had Edwards as my keeper from last year. Real questionable but I was going for vibes + availability.

Also I would like to clarify/apologize for swooping Huerter in FA. I would have drafted him before Montrezl Harrel as my last pick but I thought I had two picks so I didn’t bother doing it in order

Chronicles posted:

That’s good, right?

That’s incredibly rough, but on the bright side, I get to play against you this week.

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 17, 2022

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Chronicles posted:

That’s good, right?

I think that means you won! Grats

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Not sure if anyone else sees this, but for quite a while now, whoever I’m playing against, when I click on LIVE! it says they have 9 or 10 people playing that day, no matter how many are actually playing.

Like right now it says Durin’s All Star Kim still have 4 dudes yet to play today. Not sure what’s up with that but it’s always stressful!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Not sure if anyone else sees this, but for quite a while now, whoever I’m playing against, when I click on LIVE! it says they have 9 or 10 people playing that day, no matter how many are actually playing.

Like right now it says Durin’s All Star Kim still have 4 dudes yet to play today. Not sure what’s up with that but it’s always stressful!

That is really weird. I don’t see that on my end but it would make me insane.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I might be the most fraudulent 8-2 in the history of this young league, tied for best record despite slightly below average ppg and 2nd from the bottom in points against. Dame and Cade just hit the IR joining Middleton who I thought would be back by now and I haven't even hit the inevitable KD injury. Gonna be a rough December

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Dutchy I noticed you had a couple players on the bench still so I stuck them in the game, hope you don't mind.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Red Rox posted:

Yeah I get this too. At first I just thought all my opponents were very conscientious about streaming

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah I get this too. At first I just thought all my opponents were very conscientious about streaming

Exactly! In a funny way it helps motivate me to stream more.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Goddammit taking people off IR hosed me up again

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Poku and THJ can both eat a dick as streaming options, 6 pts 3 reb combined over the weekend and I lose this week by ~8 fantasy points :mad:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

8 points wow that’s rough.

I’d like to add a shoutout to Shaedon Sharpe who scored -0.67 for me one day. Get back in the taxi son.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

Dutchy I noticed you had a couple players on the bench still so I stuck them in the game, hope you don't mind.

Appreciate it Rick, sorry everyone I had some medical stuff going on and fantasy basketball fell by the wayside. (not COVID and nothing to worry about)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
No worries at all, I hope things are better or getting better for you.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

Poku and THJ can both eat a dick as streaming options, 6 pts 3 reb combined over the weekend and I lose this week by ~8 fantasy points :mad:

Lol yeah Tim usually doesn't break double digits when I try and sign him and I would legitimately just stick poku on my team and leave him there if he didn't instantly get hurt every time I tried.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Rough day to cut Tim Hardaway

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

yeah i didnt actually mean to do that, thought i was setting stuff for tomorrow.
oh well lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cursed player.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Man 130 points from AD and it looks like it won’t make a difference - that’s rough.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Man 130 points from AD and it looks like it won’t make a difference - that’s rough.

drat that's rough, Boromir Don't Lie was HOT this week but you were hotter.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ok looks like half my team needed a rest today, cool.

edit: ah ok they're just being good sports since the other team is missing half their guys too

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 6, 2022

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ah dang it, looks like my lineups for this week reset.

Can someone move Garland and Jackson off my bench, lazy bastards.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Ah dang it, looks like my lineups for this week reset.

Can someone move Garland and Jackson off my bench, lazy bastards.

Done. Lol but sabotage since Garland is currently negative.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s wild to go from dead last to first from one week to the next. Turns out it really helps to have your whole team healthy

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

Done. Lol but sabotage since Garland is currently negative.

Ha thanks for nothing!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

The Maestro posted:

It’s wild to go from dead last to first from one week to the next. Turns out it really helps to have your whole team healthy

you owned me so hard lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't 100% understand why they marked Curry out in the third quarter of the game when I wouldn't have been able to take him out anyway. I mean he dropped 90 in three quarters so I'm not complaining but I just don't understand the motivation, there isn't any setting that lets you change players mid game.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

There are so many weird quirks about the site I don’t bother trying to understand anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

^ yup that site is super weird, I’ve been playing in this league for a few years and I still don’t understand it’s dark magics.

Today I have to resort to playing Poku at Small Forward. God help me.

Would be interesting to see the acquisition totals compared to results. Most days I give up trying to find a player to add cause there is just nothing left.