Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm excited to watch this show live and get home in time to stay up late and play video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Was gonna watch later but it's pouring rain so gonna watch live. Have enough time to get Bocchi in before the pre-show too

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

fuuuuuck I thought this was next weekend; maybe I can talk the friends I’m doing a movie marathon with into watching this instead hmmmm

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Honor club sounds cool, especially if they start doing live rampage shows and tape it there so I can go see it when it's in town.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The pape was excellent

So happy at all the match outcomes. Really awesome finishes and all the right people won except for the 6 Man titles. Dalton and the Boys should never lose

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even though I wanted a different result in that match, Cage doing it in Kanyon tribute gear made it ok for me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's weird people were expecting ROH to get a TV deal when the thread title told you what the deal was months ago.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

$10/mo for ROH 2011-Present, 90 day delay PPVs and weekly TV, nah.

$10/mo for ROH 2002-Present, Deals on PPVs, and weekly TV, maybe.

$10/mo for ROH 2002-Present, NJPW World Content + Weekly CMLL? You got a stew goin' baby.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Elephant Ambush posted:

Dalton and the Boys should never lose

:yeah:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

id be happy with bi-weekly video wires and waiting 6 to 8 weeks to catch events on DVD

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
I'm choosing to believe that Tony took the belts off Dalton and the Boys so he can move them to AEW where I will still be able to watch them

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

PunishedEnzoMatrix posted:

I'm choosing to believe that Tony took the belts off Dalton and the Boys so he can move them to AEW where I will still be able to watch them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:pray: big money feud with house of blacxk

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Since you didn't hear, ROH is going to be weekly on Honor Club so you'll be able to watch them!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:pray: big money feud with house of blacxk

Members of the House of Boys please rise

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dalton Castle marries Alister Black, becomes Dalton Black - Castle

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed the latest premium live event.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

I enjoyed the latest premium live event.

I watched it on my computer!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The fact that ROH can't get a TV deal says a lot for the upcoming AEW rights deal. The money hose has basically stopped in the streaming wars and everyone is trying to figure out how to make money now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

LionYeti posted:

The fact that ROH can't get a TV deal says a lot for the upcoming AEW rights deal. The money hose has basically stopped in the streaming wars and everyone is trying to figure out how to make money now.

No it doesn't.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

LionYeti posted:

Yeah. The money hose is off, but there's still a difference between a new spin-off property and the show that's been anchoring TNT and TBS on Wednesday nights for three years.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah no tv executive has ever turned up and shot themselves in the dick by killing the golden goose and destroying the network in a misguided attempt to put their stamp on things

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

It really doesn't say very much about it, especially since we should have seen the soft relaunch of Honor Club this fall that a few people in here posted about as a sign they weren't going to get a deal. But its fun to be optimistic.

What says more about their upcoming rights deal is WBD green lighting another AEW reality show and that show filming right now.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ROH not getting a deal just means that ROH, a company that at its pre-Tony Khan peak (because current ROH is the actual peak) was a fraction of what AEW is, is still a fraction of what AEW is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

ROH not getting a deal just means that ROH, a company that at its pre-Tony Khan peak (because current ROH is the actual peak) was a fraction of what AEW is, is still a fraction of what AEW is.

Yeah their deal prior to Sinclair was pretty small time

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Maybe the only tv days offered for roh were Monday and some other day tony didn't want, who knows.

As long as they film it before/after dynamite or rampage ill be happy. If it's where they do dark I'll be sad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also think if WBD weren't biting then ROH was a really tough sell, because of, not in spite of, Tony Khan's involvement. It's gotta be difficult to sell a partner on a wrestling show where there's a solid chance any star with name value is gonna prioritise the owner's other, bigger project, and any stars ROH builds could just as easily be 'promoted' to AEW. Add in the fact that Tony seems content to run PPV via BR, so any prospective new TV partner wasn't getting a bite of that cherry, and you've got a TV property that might net you 100k viewers in a timeslot where you could probably do the same for cheaper by grabbing a syndication package of an old sitcom.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Impact is currently doing 100K viewers on AXS. I'm pretty sure ROH could do better than that, assuming it's not on at an even worse time than Rampage.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Impact is currently doing 100K viewers on AXS. I'm pretty sure ROH could do better than that, assuming it's not on at an even worse time than Rampage.

Possibly, but so could Golden Girls re-runs and the ad rates for those are better.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wonder if WBD offered another for okay money but insisted on it being called AEW

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I predict that ROH will be on the NFL Network in 2024.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

This is one of the least smart posts I've read in a while.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is one of the least smart posts I've read in a while.

Don't go to the AEW thread Foochs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LionYeti posted:

:agreed:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What? No. That's not how any of this works. WBD loving loves AEW.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Streaming hasn't been the cash cow the networks had been banking on, which means that Warner is no longer interested in paying for high-performing traditional programming?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Streaming hasn't been the cash cow the networks had been banking on, which means that Warner is no longer interested in paying for high-performing traditional programming?

Zaslav's straight up removing content from Max to save pennies on the dollar on residuals. I'd put nothing past them.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm aware of that, but again, those cuts only affected streaming content - what's more, there has not to my knowledge been any removals since late August, likely because of the strategy being so poorly received that Warner's stock now sits at ~65% of the value it held before the cuts occurred.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

on that note, it cannot be overstated how incredibly loving stupid it was that Zaslav removed the HBO from HBO Max

after all, nobody was tuning in for Discovery's shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The downsides of the lack of a ROH deal are as follows in my eyes:

1. AEW will never get anything like the WWE Peacock deal and probably not even within spitting distance

2. AEW is probably going to roll its own streaming if it doesn't just stick with Fite

3. As much as AEW is loved by WBD if there's no other suitors then they're not going to get a stratospheric raise

4. The core business proposition of AEW (namely, look at how much WWE makes if we make even a fraction of that we're making bank) is in threat as the market conditions that provided WWE with those huge paydays disappears

5. They may not be able to escape hatch to streaming in the long term if TV audiences and concomitantly advertising rights decline enough to seriously impact the desirability/profitability of wrestling programming