Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As usual the blue version features the better legendary.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Continuing the trend of every yonko having a secret son/daughter who only appears over 1000 chapters in

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the one piece is also a guy stuck in a treasure box but he's a thousand years old

Gaimon!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because it crossed my mind today and I still can't really accept it as true

It's loving Vegapunk, dude. He's right there!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Because it crossed my mind today and I still can't really accept it as true

It's loving Vegapunk, dude. He's right there!

he's right there and he's dropping lore bombs, god bless endgame

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone else laugh like an idiot at Franky this panel?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its a good panel. frankys never really my favorite character but he always seems just be like consistently pretty good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oda please where is my Buggy movie

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Waiting for the reveal that Rocks was red and blue haired, and that Shanks and Buggy are siblings rescued as babies by Roger from that fight.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
still cant over shanks having a crew member named "bonk punch"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Waiting for the reveal that Rocks was red and blue haired, and that Shanks and Buggy are siblings rescued as babies by Roger from that fight.

Hito Hito No Mi Model: Pepsiman

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

fake news foxy. slowing down is losing energy

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

anime was right posted:

still cant over shanks having a crew member named "bonk punch"

Bonk Punch, Lime Juice, Monster and Rockstar. Hopefully soon we meet his other fleet commanders Nos and Coke Zero.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Luffy's loving expression is killing me. It's perfect.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

All we need now is Zoro "joining" this crew (reference to his original concept).

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Can’t wait to see Buggy save the Strawhats from their own imaginary circus tents with his haki

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Buggy's gonna use conquerors haki at least once before this series wraps up. I believe. I need.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I'm not confident Buggy is going to use any kind of haki, lol

Usopp I could see having an amazing CoC moment. My boy needs something after being out of Whole Cake and noodling around in Wano for a few years

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Ideally someone else is going to use an incredibly powerful burst of Haki and everyone thinks Buggy did it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Con/Coward's Haki

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Pureauthor posted:

Ideally someone else is going to use an incredibly powerful burst of Haki and everyone thinks Buggy did it.

“Captain Buggy’s so great, he wore himself into unconsciousness using his Conqueror’s Haki to save us all!” - Buggy’s followers, over Buggy after he was knocked out by someone’s CoC.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

It's going to be, some Dude is coming for Buggy's life and defeats everyone around him, Buggy begs for his life as Blackbeard/Shanks whatever appears coming to collect an even worse debt and knocks the Dude out with a flick of the wrist, gives Buggy a week to deliver or die and walks away, as his crew wakes up they find Buggy next to knocked out Dude and Wow!!! He knocked everyone out with his massive conqueror's haki!!!! And he's crying because he had no choice but to K.O. his whole crew in order to save their life!!! Is there anyone in the world who can stand up to this man???!?

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Um, I have a question...

Kizaru is coming to the island yes?

Lucci just killed/injured Sentomaru yea?

Sentomaru is Kizarus' Nephew.

So what now?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tenasscity posted:

Um, I have a question...

So what now?

Sentomaru isn't actually Kizaru's nephew. Sentomaru called Kizaru uncle in an endearing/respectful manner akin to a friend of the family.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Well considering it's One Piece they could be related but yeah it's much more likely that Uncle was used as a term of respect especially considering Vegapunk's jab that he took in Sentomaru when he was starving and saved his life, seems unlikely Sentomaru would have been in such a bind if he were established as Borsalino's nephew. Still possible that they have shared respect for each other and he gets pissed but instead I think that we will see Luffy defeat an admiral to further cement his status.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

Sentomaru isn't actually Kizaru's nephew. Sentomaru called Kizaru uncle in an endearing/respectful manner akin to a friend of the family.

That just makes it worse!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's like the difference between saying "Honorable elder, ..." and "Hey, old dude!"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tenasscity posted:

Um, I have a question...

So what now?

It's more of a Yakuza sort of uncle

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

The way I see it the issue is the relationship between CP0 and the Navy. Doesn't CP0 answer only to the Gorosei? Interestingly it is the Navy that CP0 have to call to engage a Yonko (as a side note, it is really cool to see Luffy recognized as a Yonko). That could be because it's a potential large scale military matter, not because CP0 takes orders from the Navy or anything.

Sakazuki says in response to learning that Luffy is on Egghead, "Does this mean that Vegapunk learned about what CP0 was planning?" and when told yes, and CP0 was launching an assault he says, "I wish those brats would have talked to us first! If Vegapunk's recruited Strawhat to his side... then we're losing out on a major source of combat power!"

At first I thought he was talking about CP0's invasion of Egghead specifically, lamenting that they attacked Vegapunk impulsively without proper backup, but reading it more closely it over it seems like he might be talking about the plan to kill Vegapunk in the first place. Perhaps the Navy was out of the loop on that one until after the operation was launched.

In other words it seems possible to me that Kizaru is coming to Vegapunk's rescue. Unless Sakazuki has explicit orders from the Gorosei, I can believe he wants to retain Vegapunk for his military value, and might go as far as opposing rogue CP0 agents to do so.

That said it's very conceivable that he does have clear orders from the Gorosei to support CP0's assassination of Vegapunk, in which case Kizaru's gonna show up to inflict Absolute Justice on everyone. Sure CP0 took out a Navy officer, Sentomaru, but that officer was technically rebelling so what else were they going to do.

I think at this point it's not entirely clear what side Kizaru will join on. I would guess all the World Government aligned factions will ultimately be on the same side, but there could be some chaos and conflict first.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The chapter also mentions Kizaru was already on the way to Egghead for something else, wonder what that was about.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Vegapunk needs to extract more lasers from him, his supply is running low.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Weren't people joking earlier that the bug attracting lightsaber was gonna be key to defeating Kizaru?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Weren't people joking earlier that the bug attracting lightsaber was gonna be key to defeating Kizaru?

Zoro is gonna use it in his month and end up a mouthful of bugs

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

The bug attracting light is gonna mix into Kizaru's light and he'll be a bug-attracting-light man and be covered in cool bugs.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bleck posted:

The bug attracting light is gonna mix into Kizaru's light and he'll be a bug-attracting-light man and be covered in cool bugs.

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nah it's those photonic gloves we saw Atlas use to be able to interact with the holograms. Somebody's gonna use that technology to counter Kizaru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Julias posted:

Nah it's those photonic gloves we saw Atlas use to be able to interact with the holograms. Somebody's gonna use that technology to counter Kizaru.

Weird. I don’t think anyone on the crew uses fists to fight