Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

rannum posted:

since the dawn of time, man has always had one goal: To Post

You want my shitposts? You can have them! I gathered everything together in one thread... Now you just have to report them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there are lots of people in this world with ridiculous, impossible strength. it's just that bobby funk definitely isn't one of them.

He was decently impressive for a guy that had never fought in his life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DizzyBum posted:

You want my shitposts? You can have them! I gathered everything together in one thread... Now you just have to report them!

Do you know what happened when he got a sixer for posting,"Butt The Shitman Fart"?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Every HTML Tag...is a possibility for post evolution that someone desired!

If only I said it like this....if only I showed that image....All of these tags represent the many branches of posting!

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Ubiquitus posted:

He’s loving jacked and has scars, there’s no way that dude doesn’t turn into a nami stealing giant mythical gorilla :colbert:

He could be a version of King from OPM. He keeps being the lone survivor who gets promoted because he looks badass. But I agree it's more likely that he'll gently caress poo poo up with the best of them.

One thing is that he hasn't been mentioned as part of any great Marine victories. Sure he's not as old as Garp but it feels like he'd be a part of some famous event.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Awakening the Post-Post fruit means becoming a mod - it's the only fruit who's awakened form is weaker.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Super Rad posted:

Awakening the Post-Post fruit means becoming a mod - it's the only fruit who's awakened form is weaker.

What is that strange beating of the drums and why do I want goldbelly?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Cloks posted:

What is that strange beating of the drums and why do I want goldbelly?

Gol D Belly (the Post Post fruit destroyed his spine)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Post-Post no Mi model podcaster

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm finally about to go watch the Film Red movie in IMAX, really excited! :D

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Film Red impressions:

I enjoyed the movie, but I still have mixed feelings about it.

The music was fantastic and I'm glad I got to see it in a movie theater to experience the sound that way instead of waiting to watch it online later. Still, there was a ton of exposition crammed in the middle and the Red Hair Pirates fighting/Gear Fifth tease just gave me a sense of blue balls. I just really, really want to see more of both of these and I especially can't wait to see Gear Fifth make its anime debut!

Also, the whole transition from Snakeman into Gear Fifth reminded me of Goku slipping into his Super Saiyan form when dealing the final blow against Jiren with Frieza. It really gave me a new perspective on Luffy's Gears below Fifth, like Gear Second is basically a really primitive form of the Gear Fifth smoke trails while Gear Third is a really primitive form of Gear Fifth's cartoon physics powers. Meanwhile, Gear Fourth is like an imperfect form of Gear Fifth, getting close to but not exactly Awakening.

All of this leads me to believe that Oda probably had some inkling of how the Gears would lead to a future perfect form all the way back in Enies Lobby, if not the exact way how it would manifest eventually.

Tl;Dr I think Film Red is one of the best One Piece films so far, but even then it still has its issues.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 17, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
yeah, Luffy being a Zoan user retroactively makes more sense than some other things like haki because his Gears end up paralleling Chopper’s Points in a bunch of ways, right down to Gear 2/3 just being things he can do in base form without windup/recoil, and also the fact that rubber should never actually have worked that way but it’s a dumb goofy kids comic book so no one really questioned that he was warping reality

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yes, Lucci’s ”Hah making your fist bigger won’t make it heavier or hit harder” was prophetic

Oh and also, WG hiding the fruit and erasing Nika from history makes even more sense now, since it could actually be the only way to erase the fruit

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1604424990853632000?t=aKrUvTtQIaHpDR3cEr9_vw&s=19

"I hope nobody dies!" Is the funniest thing i've seen coming from Oda

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Davy Back Fight Tournament Arc

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

One piece battle royale game confirmed right there

100 pirates drop on a map and have to find gear and devil fruits to survive

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That actually wouldn't be a terrible idea - use devil fruits either as powerups you find in each match (but you are then stuck with for the remainder), or as unlockables you can equip to your character as you would with other skills. Then give everyone a WWE 2K-worthy character creator to make their One Piece-sona, and they can take every last penny I have.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHCo9N64lRk

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Len posted:

One piece battle royale game confirmed right there

100 pirates drop on a map and have to find gear and devil fruits to survive

Wasn't this One Piece: Stampede?

:holy:

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 18, 2022

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marineford and Dressora!!! Was there no specific trailers for those two?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
We've had Dragon Ball and My Hero now both show up in Fortnite not just with playable skins but adding in Kamehameha and whatever the hell Deku's big punch is idk I bounced off MHA pretty hard as usable superpowers in the game, so I'd eat my Straw Hat if we didn't get a One Piece crossover by the end of 2023.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One Piece Manga Thread: I Hope No One Dies!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

One Piece Manga Thread: I Hope No One Dies!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Odyssey trailer: Luffy saving Ace in this memory of Marineford would be incredibly weird and yet from that trailer, I could see the strawhats managing it. I don't know what to think about that.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Marluxia posted:

Odyssey trailer: Luffy saving Ace in this memory of Marineford would be incredibly weird and yet from that trailer, I could see the strawhats managing it. I don't know what to think about that.

I guess it would be immediately followed by Note: Ace died on the way to his home planet

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Marluxia posted:

Luffy saves Ace but then Ace trips and falls down some stairs.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Appreciate that he admits even though it's the final leg things aren't gonna wrap up anytime soon. :,)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
look oda claims that one piece is gonna die but

gestures frantically at historical evidence

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I'm really rooting for Oda because I just want to see One Piece of long serial media land on a good and satisfying ending.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang Uta got new drip.

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1602136469602127874

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Uta (and Film Red's) popularity this year was insane. Movie came out in like August but she was like, what, one of the biggest trending topics in 2022 in Pixiv/NND?

(Luffy was in 3rd place, Film Red was in 11th place, and Shanks was in 23rd place.)

https://site.nicovideo.jp/nettrend100/2022/

Uta may also be the first fictional character to perform at the Red and White Song Battle, a really popular end-of-the-year musical program in Japan (Red vs White, with Red being female singers and White being male singers, which is very apt in Uta's case cause she featured in Film RED).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They were really like "We got an idol in this movie and we are going to capitalize on it major"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They couldn't have capitalized on it if she wasn't super good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also man I found an upload of the movie OST on YouTube and the stuff near the climax is so good.

From the Coby takes command part including the segment where Katakuri comes in at the last moment to help out and then the final assault on Tot Musica, with the New Genesis instrumental making way for the One Piece theme, it's so loving good.

And then of course there's Shanks telling the Marines to gently caress off and leave his daughter alone where you can really feel the somberness and gravity and the raw emotion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Odyssey trailer.... :shepspends:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress ODA BACKWARDS IS ADO.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ado seod ti niaga