Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603593201683599360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

wilderthanmild posted:

If "Now" doesn't win with a majority, he is gonna say longer won because of averages. If Longer wins with like 39%, he's gonna say indefinite lol

He has direct backdoor access to the poll itself. It's gonna say whatever the hell he wants it to say.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

All these options lead to the accounts being reinstated at some point. Seems like he's trying to obfuscate his backpedaling by making it look like the 'vox populi' demanded it

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

War Wizard posted:

He has direct backdoor access to the poll itself. It's gonna say whatever the hell he wants it to say.

edit in the "goku" option and give it 694,201,337 votes

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol, he's obviously feeling the sting of people making fun of him for being a "free speech warrior" but banning journalist accounts for reporting on news so he has to back pedal by claiming they are temporary.

That's two bullshit claims he had made in recent days that have deeply embarrassed him - the Chappelle "people were booing an invisible fight" and the "a guy in a mask threatened to assassinate my child on a bike". I'll say these are more entertaining and news worthy than the Twitter files

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1603160060095393792

Who is he protecting

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Does Agent 47 get his targets via Assassination Coordinates?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Rolling up to the mall to meet my friend. Send a text: "Yo I'm here, what's your assassination coordinates?"

"I'm over by the Arby's."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Musk terms in the last two months that will haunt him:

Let that sink in
Vox poop
Twitter files
I'm rich, bitch
Assassination coordinates

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Everyone please vote "longer" since it's the worst option

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Doesnt Musky know that Clinton and her deathnote can still get him because his diet drug face or hairplugs dont counter the DN face rule?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
The world best scientific minds have already shrugged past the recent advances in nuclear technologies because the more pressing question is how is it possible within the realm of physics for one man to possess as much tiny dick energy as Elon Musk.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Codependent Poster posted:

lol

"assassination coordinates"

So anyone at the Chapelle show who said that Musk just showed up on stage and sent it out were also sending out "assassination coordinates"

The way this went down is a couple days ago after getting booed, Musk hatched a plan to make up an excuse to ban people he didn't like.
* First he got on Twitter a few days back and wrote, "I might be the target of assassination attempts soon"
* Then when no one bit, he invented a fake assassination attempt and banned the Elonjets account (this is what he wanted to accomplish)
* People immediately debunked the fake assassination/"doxxing" (lmao) bullshit and switched focus to Elon being inept at everything he does again
* He hoped that others would follow suit spamming the link or whatever but no one really did. They just clowned on him instead
* So then he invents excuses to ban people even talking about the event since his plan just utterly didn't work and he's incredibly not mad that he's being made fun of again.

Some real Millhouse's dad energy here. He could have just said "Twitter is mine now and I'll ban anyone I don't like" and been done with it but he had to make it utterly pathetic because I guess that's just what he does. Real Presidential poo poo from this Musk guy.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I happen to know that at this exact moment, there are a number of NYT operatives at 620 8th Avenue, New York NY, USA.

where the Biden speech

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol who are the shmucks who voted for 7 days from now.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Lol now won but he's doing 7 days? What happened to vox populi

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what's sadder, this whole....thing, or the fact that he's backpedaling on it the same night.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The fact he led with "Criticising me all day long is fine" immediately gives away the game

"Oh, you think it's FUNNY that I just poo poo myself? I don't care! But think about how I feel about it!! Stop laughing!!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if Musk doesnt want people to know his velocity or position has he thought about going hardcore quantum?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^ not like it's possible to know both at the same time anyway!

Frank Frank posted:

* Then when no one bit, he invented a fake assassination attempt and banned the Elonjets account (this is what he wanted to accomplish)

He got double duty on that by making sure to pause on the competition logo. "Hyundai EVs: preferred vehicles of assassins everywhere"

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
lol he's redoing the poll bc the wrong answer is winning https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603609278664712192?s=20&t=bBSS8of7kVPBMxujWV6aiA

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

big black turnout posted:

Lol now won but he's doing 7 days? What happened to vox populi

He decided it pre emptively when he realised the poll was skewing towards "now" lmao

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

lmao what a loving dumb piece of poo poo

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1yNxaNwdboqKj?s=20

tune in!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

MJeff posted:

So what's sadder, this whole....thing, or the fact that he's backpedaling on it the same night.

It’s an exponential graph of I’m Not Mad

Just enjoy the ride while it lasts

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Songbearer posted:

The fact he led with "Criticising me all day long is fine" immediately gives away the game

"Oh, you think it's FUNNY that I just poo poo myself? I don't care! But think about how I feel about it!! Stop laughing!!"

Most of those accounts he suspended were not posting his location, just retweeting the story about the Elonjet account being banned.
:dafuq:

Now he has realized the news cycle is getting ready to poo poo on him again so he's doing the "ha ha just a joke guys" thing.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 16, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So he's just starting to come down off his last hits of coke, all of sudden realized he may of hosed up a bit, and now is hafe assedly trying to fix it?

Laaaaaamme.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Truly enjoying that he keeps choosing the most pagliacci option and has every step documented

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

No one has even been more "not mad"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603609466301059073

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Journalists always refer to twitter as a place where the media talks to itself -- they are the power users of the service, and are hopelessly dopamine addicted. loving with advertisers is one level of stupid, but loving with your power users (addicted or not) is a whole other level of stupid.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

dr_rat posted:

So he's just starting to come down off his last hits of coke, all of sudden realized he may of hosed up a bit, and now is hafe assedly trying to fix it?

Laaaaaamme.

nope he's posting through it during a twitter space

"you doxx you get banned"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Guze posted:

No one has even been more "not mad"

Elon might be the last person in existence to go berserk when someone asks him, "u mad bro"?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, he just sputtered nonsense and then ragequit.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassinations#United_States

I think Elon's gonna be ok (unless he turns into a rapper).

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Truly enjoying that he keeps choosing the most pagliacci option and has every step documented

HAHAHAHAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he also seems to think he is a plane, because elonjet never posted where elon was because it would be impossible to know