Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Samovar posted:

Let's not forget you destroy it by siccing the dog on it.

I just shot it. We are talking of the same game right? Or does the dog break the game in that fight and instakill it despite not being able to reach it. Because it's flying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Samovar is thinking of a particularly insane scene in Dead to Rights: Retribution, I think.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Did you have any deer villagers?

Not a one. Coincidence??

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I never have deer villagers, all my villagers are quite cheap.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Just got these boots in High on Life

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

TontoCorazon posted:

Incredible.

That movie is completely underrated.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rockman Reserve posted:

Incredible.

Lol no it was absolutely horrible

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I still maintain its an awful movie but still great

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rockman Reserve posted:

Incredible.

I am calling the police

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's bad but in a way that makes it fun to watch.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TontoCorazon posted:

I still maintain its an awful movie but still great

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I unironically like the Super Mario Movie, but I'll be damned if I can explain why.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

I unironically like the Super Mario Movie, but I'll be damned if I can explain why.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The knowledge that Bob Hoskins is suffering his own private hell every time you watch it?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It gave us the canonical information that Mario's first and last names are both Mario, and for that I respect it

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Until the new Mario movie comes out, you can't say with certainty that it isn't a sequel to the Bob Hoskins movie.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

CommissarMega posted:

The leads are all charismatic enough to sell it, and it has a vision that by merit of being directed by two weirdos avoids the kind of ultra-clean and sterile corporate product you'd otherwise expect from Nintendo. And they didn't skimp on the world-building. Even at its dumbest, it's just so drat earnest and frankly I'll take that any day over smarmy self-aware stuff.

It's a mess and a bizarre adaptation, but lordy is it a fun one.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 08:27 on Dec 19, 2022

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cleretic posted:

Until the new Mario movie comes out, you can't say with certainty that it isn't a sequel to the Bob Hoskins movie.

Dinohatten is in Sarasaland

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

The production design is impeccable. it's two outsider art directors making a grunge cyberpunk New York Dino movie based on the colourful cartoon Mario character and it's two steps away from being a prequel to Dark City. It's also two steps away from opening the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur

the vehicles all using electrified overhead track to power everything is perfect

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

CommissarMega posted:

it's because it has incredible production design hth

e: fb

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Sir, the goombas are dancing again!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

TontoCorazon posted:

Question. Have you watched Face/Off

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Stray story/setting the game was only okay but I loved the overall gag of having like 3 things that could have been ‘the plot’ but none of them matter at all, because you are a cat

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

John Murdoch posted:

The leads are all charismatic enough to sell it, and it has a vision that by merit of being directed by two weirdos avoids the kind of ultra-clean and sterile corporate product you'd otherwise expect from Nintendo. And they didn't skimp on the world-building. Even at its dumbest, it's just so drat earnest and frankly I'll take that any day over smarmy self-aware stuff.

It's a mess and a bizarre adaptation, but lordy is it a fun one.

yeah, the fact it's not all wink wink nudge nudge about poo poo shifts it miles in its favor

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

goblin week posted:

Question. Have you watched Face/Off

Not in a very very long time, why?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

The knowledge that Bob Hoskins is suffering his own private hell every time you watch it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9VM-y5o7TI

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TontoCorazon posted:

Not in a very very long time, why?

The boots look like the magnet boots that the prisoners wear in that movie.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Philippe posted:

The boots look like the magnet boots that the prisoners wear in that movie.

Gotcha

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cleretic posted:

That's true for every movie.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Never seen this and can only say lmao, thank you.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I really love that SOMA trusts me to figure out the twist on my own. I kept expecting a dump of exposition or something to explain Just In Case I Didn't Get It, but by the time any of it is talked about, the protagonist has also figured it out and was probably silently going through the state of epiphany around the same time the player did.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I picked up Run Like Hell a few weeks ago on the strength of the title alone, and the gameplay is OK given it's an old ps2 game that's trying to be cinematic. I also like the characters so far, and an aspect of one in the manual has me very excited to see how his relationships with another character will be shown. Had to turn up my TV volume beyond my usual gaming setup though as the dialog is very quiet.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Run Like Hell kicks so much rear end

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is that the game with Bawls?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Len posted:

i dont remember any bawls in that game

i remember the QTE where a huge monster is coming down the hall and you and the other idk like alien dude that you were mad racist about have to work together to open a door and then youre friends :)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Len posted:

That's Fallout Brotherhood of Steel

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

That's Fallout Brotherhood of Steel

Run Like Hell has Bawls vending machines too. I'm not too far in, just a few minutes into level 1, but it's had an interesting start.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

credburn posted:

I really love that SOMA trusts me to figure out the twist on my own. I kept expecting a dump of exposition or something to explain Just In Case I Didn't Get It, but by the time any of it is talked about, the protagonist has also figured it out and was probably silently going through the state of epiphany around the same time the player did.

The ending proves that he still doesn't fully get it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RedSnapper posted:

The ending proves that he still doesn't fully get it

He will never Get It because he is unwilling to Get It.