Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

No butthole, no interest.

But yes, next year is year of the rabbit.

Turn that rabbit around you COWARDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

graventy posted:

Turn that rabbit around you COWARDS

You can see its lack of butthole in the video.

E: now that the precedent has been set, all animals should have buttholes.

E2: I can guarantee that the set will get a butthole mod as soon as it comes out.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The tiger butthole is just a single round pink brick. So if you got the tiger, you probably have an extra butthole laying around to be repurposed for any other animal.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imagine what other joy that factory box of spare buttholes could have brought us

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I know a mod asked up to drop the discussion about flesh tones, but I think it's important we discuss this.

What's the ideal color for a Lego tiger butthole?

Magenta?
Medium dark pink?
Bright light pink?
Dark salmon?
Dark red (new)?
Dark red (old)?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What color would taste best?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

deoju posted:

I know a mod asked up to drop the discussion about flesh tones, but I think it's important we discuss this.

What's the ideal color for a Lego tiger butthole?

Magenta?
Medium dark pink?
Bright light pink?
Dark salmon?
Dark red (new)?
Dark red (old)?
I'm assuming tigers have anal glands like housecats do, so I feel pretty confident saying a tiger butthole would smell like dark salmon, for whatever that's worth in people's decision making.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Somehow worse than the last conversation

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Just did the sunflowers:
Something I don't like about the flowers line is that the leaves on stems are all held on without friction or axles so they spin really freely.

I bought these for a Christmas gift and I want to 3D print a vase for them - can you tell me what the length of the stem is before the petals? I want to scale the vase accordingly.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LordOfThePants posted:

I bought these for a Christmas gift and I want to 3D print a vase for them - can you tell me what the length of the stem is before the petals? I want to scale the vase accordingly.

It's on the box, I'll have to look later but also you can use the parts list: the stems are made of 3L axle connectors, 1L is the width of one brick.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

It's on the box, I'll have to look later but also you can use the parts list: the stems are made of 3L axle connectors, 1L is the width of one brick.

They're still on their way to me (hoping they get here in time for Christmas). The vase is going to take long enough to print I wanted to make sure I got started on it ASAP. I didn't even think to try the parts list. Looks like it's just under 6 inches. Thanks!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

LordOfThePants posted:

5 and a quarter inch from bottom of the flower head to the bottom of the stem.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Slugworth posted:

5 and a quarter inch from bottom of the flower head to the bottom of the stem.

This is problematic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well it's lego, you can easily add a couple inches if you feel it's not up to standard.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Please report in plate/brick height so it seems bigger

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Somehow worse than the last conversation

The underside of the octopus is covered in buttholes:

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/bltb9080b738198fd78/31130_alt9.png

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just googled this and it seems like IRL octopus just have the one butthole like you’d expect.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I was trying to decide if the octopus is one of those creatures that poops out of his mouth (it doesn't) and ended up watching a video of an anemone eating an octopus poop noodle, so uh thanks Lego thread.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

I just googled this and it seems like IRL octopus just have the one butthole like you’d expect.
Yeah, but it doesn't smell anything like you'd expect

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Those are suckers, totally different. The butt hole piece is this one. The decorative flower petals suggest puckering.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

deoju posted:

The decorative flower petals suggest [butt hole] puckering.
My goodness, a new thread title so soon?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LordOfThePants posted:

They're still on their way to me (hoping they get here in time for Christmas). The vase is going to take long enough to print I wanted to make sure I got started on it ASAP. I didn't even think to try the parts list. Looks like it's just under 6 inches. Thanks!

The box says they're 24cm from bottom most stem to top most petal. Or 9.4 inches.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
New Brick Clicker leaks/pics. Holy hell Lego actually freaking did it.

Blacktron GWP probably on Jan 1st or in January, most likely $125 or $150 threshold.

Better pics of the two upcoming Botanicals

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Thats my boy. My beautiful baby blacktron boy that was my favorite childhood set

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You all say Blacktron but all I see is Hyrule.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Threshold seems low for that Blacktron set.

Easy to reach it with the new sets though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Not really sure why that would be the GWP w/ a modular. There's gotta be something else they will attach that to.

Happy for the blacktron fans out there. Glad to see you get yours.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Threshold seems low for that Blacktron set.

Easy to reach it with the new sets though.

You could buy the original for less than $50 on bricklink.

It's a cool GWP just for that retro box but not $150 cool.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is that a robot doing the :negative: in the corner?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that a robot doing the :negative: in the corner?

Reduced to nothing more than a GWP

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

YESSSSSSSSS

:pusheen:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I want a Blacktron without having to buy other stuff. :smith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Now gimmie some Space Police

EDIT: Specifically a modern Striker or Peace Keeper.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 20, 2022

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That set is pretty cool, but Black Tron 1 is slightly ahead of my lego heyday and it doesn't send my nostalgia into over drive.

Also, LMAO about the thread title.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah seriously, that would be like the first instant buy for me this year.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Grand Fromage posted:

I can guarantee you will be able to find it on ebay/bricklink as soon as they come out. Unless you mean you want one for free.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It will probably even be reasonably priced on bricklink. I tried selling some old GWP's recently and they certainly don't go for "comfortable retirement" prices even after a few years.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, they usually go for the LEGO value + a little bit more. So if LEGO says this is a $20 set, then you probably can get it for less than $30.

Unless it is in the US then you have to pay extra cuz of course you do.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

That Blacktron GWP might finally push me to ordering the Space Shuttle. That said,

deoju posted:

That set is pretty cool, but Black Tron 1 is slightly ahead of my lego heyday and it doesn't send my nostalgia into over drive.

:same: Get to Ice Planet already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FBS posted:

That Blacktron GWP might finally push me to ordering the Space Shuttle. That said,

The Shuttle is good.

There's just nothing else on offer at the moment that I'm interested in at a price I'm willing to pay.