Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hobby Link Japan has it listed as The Origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

We'll get an updated Mass Production Guncannon kit eventually. :smith:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

free Trapt CD posted:

I'm lucky enough to be in Japan presently, and even so the only G-Witch stuff I've actually seen on shelves is the Demi Trainer Expansion kit. Even went to scope out all the local stores for the Pharact on Saturday, but they must've been cleaned out within hours if not sooner.

I'm very new to this, but it's easy to imagine they're concentrating on pumping out as many reprints of the new stuff as possible because, well, it seems to be going OK for them so far.

Unrelated but: Anybody happen to know whether the MG Turn X gets reprinted more than once in a blue moon? I'd really like to start my MG journey there, but it's certainly much easier to find a Sandrock or a Barbatos and I might just cave.

It's still odd. There are MG and RG buyers who don't go in for HG, so not making something to pick up the spare audience means leaving money on the table, and they announced plenty of non-Witch stuff that'll be taking up production resources. Just most of it's not Gundam. (And RGs and MGs have been selling like Witch HGs. Pandemic era Gunpla sales in general skyrocketed.)

Then again, Witch's sales patterns have felt a bit odd to me as well. There's been a lot of anticipitory popularity, with kits (including usually low-selling kits, like Aerial's booster that only got used in one fight so far) selling out online well before they appear on the show. If it was primarily about the show's popularity, I'd expect things to be relatively slow for kits that haven't shown up, and the current insanity for things that had a major role. That's the usual pattern, even with shows that got much better TV ratings than Witch (SEED was huge). Don't know how true it is, but I even heard a rumor SEED had the plot rewritten to better move some of the gunpla.

Here, though, the only case of a relationship between a character's popularity on the show and the popularity of the model kits is one selling less, with Guel's initial machine selling poorly enough for large shipments to reach foreign model shops. (This was before people started liking Guel.) However, if memory serves, the kit was selling like the others before the show premiered.

If "Witch kits are selling fast!" was Bandai's reason for not making HGUCs and MGs, you'd think we'd get more Witch kits announced than just a standard lineup for a show's first season, with some hints at big ticket items in development to really get people salivating. Instead, we're getting a standard amount of Witch kits, a bunch of non-Witch kits, and no big ticket items at all.

Heard that revisions in Japanese tax law recently had made Bandai more reluctant to make MG kits. Seems that's true. We got Zeta (and a 1/100 Valk) next month, but beyond that, everything that's been announced is on the smaller side.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm surprised by how much I want the Zowort because I usually go for chonky grunts over lanky ones.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

JoeGlassJAw posted:

man the new witch kits are cool as hell. the halo "v-fin" on the schwarzette rules

Honestly trying to think of what other gundam series have had this good a ratio of absolutely banger suits

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Honestly trying to think of what other gundam series have had this good a ratio of absolutely banger suits

How many other series tried the gimmick of giving each fictional company their own mechanical designer? It's paid dividends already.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Just got a Nu Gundam ver Ka for $1 with Amazon points, what am I in for?

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

War and Pieces posted:

If it's anything like my experience you'll spend the next 9 months planning to start on it "soon"

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

War and Pieces posted:

Lots of little silver stickers on pieces of green PSYCHOFRAME that are hard to snap into the legs.

Otherwise mostly rules and comes with a stand for making it and its funnels look cool.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

MG or RG? It's a good build either way. I'd suggest building a couple of funnels after you do the arms then a couple more when you're done with the legs; doing 6 in a row was a little tedious at the end of the build.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

SnakesRevenge posted:

If it's anything like my experience you'll spend the next 9 months planning to start on it "soon"

Very likely. I'm "planning" to paint all the grey panels off white so it may take a while to get off the ground

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

Very likely. I'm "planning" to paint all the grey panels off white so it may take a while to get off the ground

Be advised that all the purple on the funnels is in waterslide decals and not colored plastic, so plan accordingly there.

vvv yep, totally reading failure on my part there.

Proper advice, pose the funnels in flight! They don't hold together particularly well the way they do on the RG

SnakesRevenge fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 21, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SnakesRevenge posted:

Be advised that all the purple on the funnels is in waterslide decals and not colored plastic, so plan accordingly there.

It's the regular Nu, not Hi-Nu. On that one, it was a really weird decision that they addressed in the RG Hi-Nu and did the colors in plastic as God intended.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Right this is the MG, I'm not foolhardy enough to attempt to paint an RG with just rattlecans

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Arc Hammer posted:

How many other series tried the gimmick of giving each fictional company their own mechanical designer? It's paid dividends already.

Promised myself I'd sit this line out, but they are making it very, very difficult (and I've already faltered once.)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

IG-88 posted:

Oh dear what have I done

This made me realise there's a few designs coming out I hadn't seen yet! Is there some place with a full catalogue? I feel like I'm overlooking all sorts of cool designs but I don't know where to look.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I'm after older RGs am I just gonna have to accept huge markups or months of waiting? Ticking 'in stock' on HLJ is very depressing indeed.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
The Astrea Type-F is stunning. It's got a crapton of parts from Exia, plus it's own complete loadout. Three tones of red, and beige, and some white for the face.

Pierson posted:

If I'm after older RGs am I just gonna have to accept huge markups or months of waiting? Ticking 'in stock' on HLJ is very depressing indeed.

No. Hit your local HobbytownUSA. Zeta, RX78-2, RX-178 and titans, Zgock, Zaku, Exia, Wing, a bunch of seed, and more have all been there in the last month.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Dec 21, 2022

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Found what I think is a pretty good deal when you compare it to pricing everywhere else (almost half):

Bandai Hobby RG 1/144 Full Armor Gundam Unicorn "Gundam UC" Model Kit https://a.co/d/8HnHM07

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

IG-88 posted:

Found what I think is a pretty good deal when you compare it to pricing everywhere else (almost half):

Bandai Hobby RG 1/144 Full Armor Gundam Unicorn "Gundam UC" Model Kit https://a.co/d/8HnHM07

That's a lot of Unicorn

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It’s a crime that there isn’t a RG Guncannon and Guntank.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Ethiser posted:

I was very let down when I got into the hobby and learned about real grades only to find that those two haven't got one.

I'm likewise sad that the ships don't get proper models. I want a White Base and Musai drat it! Oh, and a Big Zam while you're at it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Prof. Banks posted:

I was very let down when I got into the hobby and learned about real grades only to find that those two haven't got one.

I'm likewise sad that the ships don't get proper models. I want a White Base and Musai drat it! Oh, and a Big Zam while you're at it.

They do if you count the EX-model line from 2006ish. It's more expensive (especially these days, since reprints are less common than for the main lines) and the color seperation is bad, but they did make 1/1700 White Base and Musai kits.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Prof. Banks posted:

You can slake your thirst for ships with the really rather excellent Yamato kits.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Honestly, if they shrank the MG guntank as-is, it’s already got more than enough gimmicks for an RG. What else could they add?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

mllaneza posted:

You can slake your thirst for ships with the really rather excellent Yamato kits.

Which they severely cut down on after 2199 underperformed in model sales

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

chiasaur11 posted:

They do if you count the EX-model line from 2006ish. It's more expensive (especially these days, since reprints are less common than for the main lines) and the color seperation is bad, but they did make 1/1700 White Base and Musai kits.

I have seen those and the price tag that goes with them. Hopefully there will be a new print at some point and I can pick them up. That is if the new print doesn't sell out in 15 minutes like everything else seems to.

mllaneza posted:

I have seen those and I'll probably pick up a the Yamato and probably that triple level Carrier at some point, but I don't have the attachment to those as I've not watched the associated series. Clearly I need to watch them and fix that.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
It just had to be P-Bandai, but at least we’re finally getting one:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/12/p-bandai-hg-1144-full-armor-gundam.html

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On the subject of P-Bandai, Out Frame D, Gunner Zaku packs, and that red 30 MM model are up for pre-order

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

What’s a good glue to use if I snapped a joint clip? I’m trying some gorilla glue overnight but I’m not expecting good results.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

IG-88 posted:

What’s a good glue to use if I snapped a joint clip? I’m trying some gorilla glue overnight but I’m not expecting good results.

OH no. If you did, you're in deep already.

The best glues for structural repairs are solvents. Usual "plastic glues" will make the plastic like new again, full strength. "gorilla" is a brand who makes a bunch of glues. They're most famous from a polyurethane glue that requires heavy clamping pressure, and is not good on plastic. I'm going to assume that's NOT what you used, and you used their superglue, which is a standard Cyanoacrilate glue. The problem swith CyA glue is it coats the plastic, and then if you want to go back to solvent glues.. well the CyA gets in the way and makes the joint delicate.

You should.. well if you've already done it. Well.. hope it works. Otherwise you need to completely clean it up, and go at it with a solvent glue.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Nerobro posted:

OH no. If you did, you're in deep already.

The best glues for structural repairs are solvents. Usual "plastic glues" will make the plastic like new again, full strength. "gorilla" is a brand who makes a bunch of glues. They're most famous from a polyurethane glue that requires heavy clamping pressure, and is not good on plastic. I'm going to assume that's NOT what you used, and you used their superglue, which is a standard Cyanoacrilate glue. The problem swith CyA glue is it coats the plastic, and then if you want to go back to solvent glues.. well the CyA gets in the way and makes the joint delicate.

You should.. well if you've already done it. Well.. hope it works. Otherwise you need to completely clean it up, and go at it with a solvent glue.

Well, looks like I hosed up.

I’ll post pics in the morning.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Bimmi posted:

It just had to be P-Bandai, but at least we’re finally getting one:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/12/p-bandai-hg-1144-full-armor-gundam.html

I know it's a classic Gunpla design, but a part of my brain cries out at the Federation trying once again to turn a mobile suit into a tank with legs. Even a GM has a beam saber!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I went back and checked Dalong's shots of the MG version, it had a little beam saber holder that plugged into its rear end

The HG has a hole there, my guess is that it'll have an rear end rack to plug in if you're not using a flight stand

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you guys get gundams for Xmas you're required to post them. Them's the rules.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stores near me finally got in the Witch From Mercury kits! But by the time I got there they were sold out of everything but the Dilanza! Luckily, there was another new kit that hadn't sold out yet

egg

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I found a local hobby store that I'd never heard of. I went for the glue. Came back with a little more.

I'm gonna go ahead and justify this as celebratory for getting a new job starting next month.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Just Dan Again posted:

I know it's a classic Gunpla design, but a part of my brain cries out at the Federation trying once again to turn a mobile suit into a tank with legs. Even a GM has a beam saber!

The unarmored form has beam saber handles, but it doesn't look like the armored form has any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Target seems to have a bunch of gunpla/plamo