Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

incredible commitment to the bit
oh yeah, i myself archived the second thread on twitter in the replies to 3liza's initial joose twitter thread archive before she got banned from twitter
https://twitter.com/fermunation/status/1343781035192897538

caro showed up in the second thread, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

You know those people had scales, but they absolutely refused to use them

i thought the problem with the joose was that it’s like milligram quantity doses, so you need like a 0.1mg scale at least, and those are several hundred dollars.

so like you could weigh 1mg on your 1mg precision scale but you might end up closer to 2mg and well after that it gets all blurry.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

looks to me like george is not lazy enough. any code that's not immediately obvious, or does something 'cool' needs paragraphs of comments. I type out whole maths derivations and poo poo as I know that there's a fair chance I'm gonna see this code again in 2 years and won't have a loving clue what it did, let alone some other poor overworked sod who would have to derive that poo poo all over again

the best feeling of all tho is finding a small bug, and realising that it was the cause of one of those magic 'don't remove this!' bits somewhere else and finally actually clearing that little hack up (usually years later)

bort
Mar 13, 2003

The opposite can arouse sort of reverent feelings in me. When I remove this comment, the builds fail?! :confuoot:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol that this dude is telling on himself real hard by ascribing status to senior engineers. every place i’ve worked a senior is someone who’s a step above junior. ie: we can leave you to your own devices for a while and know that you aren’t going to burn anything down

you don’t start hitting ‘politics’ until you’re at senior staff and above. of course he wouldn’t know any of this as he’s never been somewhere long enough to figure it out

That said, lol at his utter disdain for collaboration and communication.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Lead out in cuffs posted:

That said, lol at his utter disdain for collaboration and communication.

:emptyquote:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fermun posted:

oh yeah, i myself archived the second thread on twitter in the replies to 3liza's initial joose twitter thread archive before she got banned from twitter
https://twitter.com/fermunation/status/1343781035192897538

caro showed up in the second thread, lol

i never got this one. it doesnt seem like a fun trip at all its just pain and misery

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Beeftweeter posted:

apparently twitter is blocking GV from SMS now lol

https://twitter.com/engadget/status/1605652892001701896

i'm sure nobody was using it

According to musk in the full-length Spaces chat from today Twitter was getting "scammed" something like $13MM/yr from Telcos with SMS fees for 2FA for bogus accounts. He said once he found out about this he told his staff, "any Telco that has higher than a 10% scam rate, cut them off." He said that this resulted in something like 389 Telcos being shuttered from service with Twitter because they were all scamming Twitter. I guess GV was one of these lol

He said he told his staff to strong arm the Telcos into lowering their fees on SMS. No doubt a Trumpian move, break poo poo and threaten to leave until they give you what you want.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

losing 300 mil a month and making an unannounced feature change to save 1 is some boy genius poo poo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
they also cut off loving Vodafone but didn’t disable SMS-based 2FA for affected accounts, so those users can’t even log in

iirc users with token-based 2FA who registered Vodafone numbers also can’t log in because they disabled all 2FA prompting, not just SMS sending

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Eeyo posted:

i thought the problem with the joose was that it’s like milligram quantity doses, so you need like a 0.1mg scale at least, and those are several hundred dollars.

so like you could weigh 1mg on your 1mg precision scale but you might end up closer to 2mg and well after that it gets all blurry.
eh, just eyeball it!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao
https://twitter.com/neorsd/status/1605555327683899393

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Shumagorath posted:

they also cut off loving Vodafone but didn’t disable SMS-based 2FA for affected accounts, so those users can’t even log in

iirc users with token-based 2FA who registered Vodafone numbers also can’t log in because they disabled all 2FA prompting, not just SMS sending

cannot wait until he does it to verizon or some other us carrier. taking out vodafone is basically as bad as that but just not american (so it doesn't matter)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

OzyMandrill posted:

any code that's not immediately obvious, or does something 'cool' needs paragraphs of comments

...said aloud in a meeting, to be agreed upon and forgotten forever :getin:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fuckinlmao

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

FWIW I'm on an AT&T number I've had since... 2001 and I am locked out of my twitter account with no response from support since it's happened. It's very likely caused a massive metrics hit right before winter break and is almost assuredly far too large to be in the :smugdog: "we got the bots" range

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

aw frig aw dang it posted:

old TCC threads are so loving depressing to read. All those permabans :smith:

The news ones are a bunch of people in recovery and are depressing for different reasons. Permabanned user or not that Joose poo poo is wild

It’s kinda like that r/gangstalking subreddit, if you let enough people who need help congregate and have an echo chamber it can produce some unintended results. TCC was a bunch of addicts egging each other on and it went the only way that kinda thing is going to go. And I say that as someone who genuinely loves doing drugs

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

TCC was like peeking behind the curtain into a world I would otherwise have no exposure to in my daily life. poo poo was wild

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Agile Vector posted:

yessss! i've made a chunk of my career grinding this axe-tools and it's so satisfying to see people get it when they first run an accessibility tool

for the stubborn developers, our policy is to turn away support requests that would be inaccessible on-purpose and that we should remind them that doing so makes them liable for lawsuits, which gets most of the stragglers. one dude just stopped replying entirely lol

a blind colleague could pull at least 400% and would slow it down for us to review issues, it made my 1.5-2x audiobooking feel like a walk in the park :worship:

keeping it on-topic, lol that the new status icons don't pass basic WCAG. i bet the aria-label still has the same text for all of them, too, like when lonny first added the $8 blue boys

https://twitter.com/evacide/status/1605028948596781056

back in the day some (legally?) blind sa goon posted recordings of "this is how the screen reader reads it at audiobook settings" vs "this is how i listen to web pages when i'm browsing" and the browsing voice was incomprehensibly fast. fascinating poo poo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

polyester concept posted:

TCC was like peeking behind the curtain into a world I would otherwise have no exposure to in my daily life. poo poo was wild

otoh
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1605717193735524352

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Wayne Gretzky's legend lives on

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

DaTroof posted:

back in the day some (legally?) blind sa goon posted recordings of "this is how the screen reader reads it at audiobook settings" vs "this is how i listen to web pages when i'm browsing" and the browsing voice was incomprehensibly fast. fascinating poo poo

i remember this thread and i cracked up when i heard the recording because i thought it was just a huge setup for a joke where that audio was the punchline

and then i realized that it wasn’t a joke

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Wayne Gretzky's legend lives on

quite simply one of the greatest of all time he still posts in hockey threads once in a while :ninja:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Literally got a recruiting email from Tesla today

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont do it shadowhawk! noooo!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

do it! prove how hardcore you are.

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014

ShadowHawk posted:

Literally got a recruiting email from Tesla today

Send them a picture of your rear end in a top hat

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
cc me on that email

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

wtf i never saw this one. we need to close the borders to tcc until we can figure out what the hell is going on over there

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

fart simpson posted:

wtf i never saw this one. we need to close the borders to tcc until we can figure out what the hell is going on over there

peacefully obliterating squirrels for the crime of eating the food I put outside

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah that subforum should be closed, i think. jfc

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fart simpson posted:

I wonder what would happen if this dude and the c-spam dog bricker lady were to meet

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Kazinsal posted:

I wonder what would happen if this dude and the c-spam dog bricker lady were to meet

Earth's 6th mass extinction

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah that subforum should be closed, i think. jfc

most likely. just move the potentially interesting threads (DIY hormones, weed horticulture, thread to post stupid things you think of while baked) somewhere that isn't the mass goon death forum and archive the rest. pretty sure it's already a forum that just doesn't show up if you're not logged in like TFR and the gas chamber

one of the bizarro situations of modern TCC is that the DIY hormones thread is there because The Minority Rapport is a dead shell of the forum that koalas march conned lowtax into letting her be sassy gif queen of as a prelude to her failed forums coup so nobody visits it, and nobody wanted to condemn the thread to the slow horrible death for threads that don't fit elsewhere that is CCCC. so instead it got shoved into TCC, where it promptly died faster than it probably would have if it were in CCCC

we're not getting any more good joose grade poo poo out of TCC anymore. it's just burned out opioid junkies who poo poo once per month and consider each of those logs to be a milestone for their continued survival and a handful of good ol' fashioned dopesmokers who live in legal states and own enough plants to give the 70s DEA collective priapism

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

o_o

I remember a lot of hosed up aughts teens goon lore but that one sailed right by me

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

The who now, dog what

Are we talking about pounding pooches into mush with a brick or some poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Samuel Glompers posted:

The who now, dog what

Are we talking about pounding pooches into mush with a brick or some poo poo

yeah she casually posted about how she feared for her life when two neighbouring dogs showed up in her backyard so she literally kicked the poo poo out of one and brained the other with a brick. she also posted constantly in the covid thread about how much she hated dogs. the way she told the story had this disgusting veneer of pride for doing it. also the covid thread posters were all reacting to her story with sympathy for how horrible it was that she was forced to brick a couple dogs to death in her own back yard instead of, y'know, going the gently caress inside.

when azathoth got promoted from c-spam moderator to admin a bunch of the people who were sympathizing with her posted in a thread called "anti azathoth alliance" about how he could redeem himself for his sins of being an internet cop by unbanning the dog bricker

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

fart simpson posted:

I just shoot them with a squirt gun. It's as fun and pointless game of interspecies mutual trolling as a distraction between WFH meetings.

The squirrels I mean. Not TCC posters. Def don't feed them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mrmcd posted:

I just shoot them with a squirt gun. It's as fun and pointless game of interspecies mutual trolling as a distraction between WFH meetings.

The squirrels I mean. Not TCC posters. Def don't feed them.

how does a squirt gun kill them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kazinsal posted:

most likely. just move the potentially interesting threads (DIY hormones, weed horticulture, thread to post stupid things you think of while baked)

call it The Pharmaceutical Phanclub