Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Keisari posted:

Hello non-Finn soon-NATO friend!

Thanks! Much like in geopolitics, most of us Finns just want to sauna, get drunk and complain about stuff in peace and not go on international or interforums adventures. (Except when asked to by the US)

More seriously, it was nice to get some clarification on this, I had previously thought that IKs are more of external loose cannons in the mod system that shoot sixers from the hip occasionally but aren't the people you complain to about terrible posting.

I hope it's ok for us to discuss the Ukraine war here from our perspective, as due to our (quite recent) history and geopolitical location/situation it is very pertinent to our interests. I am like 80-90 % sure from your post that its cool but I'm a terrible poster and even worse post-comprehender so, yeah.

Edit:

To clarify, I meant precisely as "what it means for our security" type thing regarding the war

IKs are viewed as responsible for the threads they steward, so it’s fine to complain to an IK about posts there. Simultaneously, IK role is as low-commitment as it gets, so they’re equally entitled to bounce it to a mod if you send like 8700 word PM because someone posted their deep fried mämmi sticks.

As for chatting about the war in Ukraine, you’re still more than in the clear to discuss it here. Just stay away from forums drama and ableist insults. And that’s not really a Finnpol problem even, but a lollontee/DarkCrawler problem instead.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hajotus Maximus
Feb 19, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

deep fried mämmi sticks.

Hmm..... anyone willing to test this out and then report back with the findings?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hajotus Maximus posted:

Hmm..... anyone willing to test this out and then report back with the findings?

Jesus only had to carry sins of the world, this is too much for any one.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Is the Juha Mietaa-signal just an enormous silhouette of a tuokkonen emblazoned across the December rain clouds

Keisari
May 24, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

because someone posted their deep fried mämmi sticks.

:stonk:

This I would report to the authorities, possibly some kind of international organization.

Thanks for the clarifications!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A deep fried stick of mämmi wth a sizeable core of whipped cream. Sounds p. good to me, if you can keep it from melting.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

A deep fried stick of mämmi wth a sizeable core of whipped cream. Sounds p. good to me, if you can keep it from melting.

I tasted mämmi a few years ago. Was surprisingly sweet and mild, the taste was perhaps even good. Although there was something revolting about the mouthfeel so I couldn't eat an entire portion.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Finally something for the school lunches.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Deep frying the kanaviillokki was the solution all along.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

cinci zoo sniper posted:

IKs are viewed as responsible for the threads they steward, so it’s fine to complain to an IK about posts there. Simultaneously, IK role is as low-commitment as it gets, so they’re equally entitled to bounce it to a mod if you send like 8700 word PM because someone posted their deep fried mämmi sticks.

As for chatting about the war in Ukraine, you’re still more than in the clear to discuss it here. Just stay away from forums drama and ableist insults. And that’s not really a Finnpol problem even, but a lollontee/DarkCrawler problem instead.

Just to clear the record, it was not their *disagreement* (as stated in the probe) but their behavior which caused me to question their mental stability. I am fine with eating the probe but their opinion is sadly normal enough in various internet corners. Quoting a fairly direct question twenty times from numerous people, without providing an answer while daring people to come to C-Spam while already being in a zone where opinions are fairly free is super weird. The clearly personal stake speaks of something beyond trolling or a gimmick.

Like probe me for questioning someone's mental status, fine, don't fabricate a context which does not exist. I don't think that is too much to ask. I disagree with plenty of people, I would never call someone crazy for that alone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 21, 2022

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

https://yle.fi/a/74-20009792

The poor Orphan does not understand the concept of isyys

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

bad_fmr posted:

That's where you leave the clutch to themselves, and when they hatch, the strongest lizard eats the weakest ones to grow big and strong, right?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

bad_fmr posted:

Someone should tell him that it's not a plural of ISIS.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Just an absolute :laffo: at the best Finnpol poster DarkCrawler getting a few months of ajokielto while the Trickster-like lollontee goes away free to spread chaos

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

Just an absolute :laffo: at the best Finnpol poster DarkCrawler getting a few months of ajokielto while the Trickster-like lollontee goes away free to spread chaos

Might want to fact-check some things here.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, he's not the best by far.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

lollontee also got a week

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Yeah, he's not the best by far.

Sadly, the good die young.

It does seem weird that Darkcrawler ate a probe for "doubling down", when all they did was explain their reasoning. Meanwhile, lollontee repeatedly broke D&D rule I.2.A, which stipulates that posters

quote:

Make serious arguments. Don't be half-kidding, bullshitting, or otherwise making arguments you are not willing to actually defend.
Lollontee was asked, numerous times, by many posters, to explain why they thought or felt it was rational for Russia to be committing war crimes. They did not do so. They did invite people to post on another subforum, which seems disingenuous at best. They also repeatedly called me "mentally ill" (for cinci's benefit, who seems to be around, the Finnish phrase "mielisairas"), which also seems to violate D&D rules. I'm going to assume that "psykopatiaa" transcends language barriers.

I am worried that absolute nonsense, such as stating that Russian war crimes are "rational", are treated on the same level as Darkcrawler calling someone nuts. When the person being called nuts was doing that to other people to begin with!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rappaport posted:

Sadly, the good die young.

It does seem weird that Darkcrawler ate a probe for "doubling down", when all they did was explain their reasoning. Meanwhile, lollontee repeatedly broke D&D rule I.2.A, which stipulates that posters

Lollontee was asked, numerous times, by many posters, to explain why they thought or felt it was rational for Russia to be committing war crimes. They did not do so. They did invite people to post on another subforum, which seems disingenuous at best. They also repeatedly called me "mentally ill" (for cinci's benefit, who seems to be around, the Finnish phrase "mielisairas"), which also seems to violate D&D rules. I'm going to assume that "psykopatiaa" transcends language barriers.

I am worried that absolute nonsense, such as stating that Russian war crimes are "rational", are treated on the same level as Darkcrawler calling someone nuts. When the person being called nuts was doing that to other people to begin with!

I hope you’re just pretending to be stupid by saying that 12-hour probation for not knowing when to shut up after a 6-hour probation is the same level of treatment as a 1-week probation.

If someone has any further tedious thoughts on this that one feels compelled to say, they better happen in my or Koos Group’s PM inbox.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Vohoe ny samperi sentään. O khyllä melekosta.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Näin siinä käy, kun Nenonen pistää ihmisten aikaan nukkumaan ja peelot valvoo ja paskapostaa aamuun.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Näkee että joulu lähestyy, kun kaikki tontut ovat liikkeellä! :santahurr:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I must confess that I'm totally lost on what the supposed new electricity price support is supposed to be. At first it was price control. Then they talked about helicopter money
Now it sounds like there is a deductible of 100 euros (omavastuu) and the support goes up to 700 euros, per month. But this doesn't sound like either previous proposition. The articles I found weren't too clear about it either and it sounds like they'll figure it out later.

Does it mean that if my electric bill is gonna be 500, I need to use more power to get full benefit? It can't be.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I'm going to warm Sauna every day to get full benefits.

Flat omavastuu, instead of percentage based support is stupid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Issaries posted:

I'm going to warm Sauna every day to get full benefits.

Flat omavastuu, instead of percentage based support is stupid.

It is very dumb

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

I wonder, does any if this actually increase the availability of power in any way, or are we just fueling inflation while baiting rolling blackouts?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

One part of the plan seems to be to use the actual consumption of November and December to measure the need for support.

If - and this is a major IF - the plan was all the time to measure what the unassisted consumption was, then hooray. It's not perfect, but it's better than you'd think.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I think that one of the biggest issues which hasn't really been addressed is that when potentially tens of thousands people can't pay their power bills, then its not those people in trouble, it's the power companies. We're talking about saving power, which makes sense for some people, but is pretty much impossible for some since you have to kinda keep the heat and the lights on in the winter. The companies are also not allowed to shut off power during the winter.

At the core its one of those issues where the political system is extremely incapable of admitting we're in the middle of a global crisis, instead morons keep talking about DEBT.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

I wonder, does any if this actually increase the availability of power in any way, or are we just fueling inflation while baiting rolling blackouts?

I fear more that the EU will break the economy by it's fear of inflation and trying to curtail it than I fear inflation itself, much like they did with austerity policies in the 10s.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Warden posted:

Mites siinä sun kuntavaalikamppanjassasi muuten kävi Ihmemies?

It was bad. Sote campaign was worse. From that sample size I realize people don’t want me to decide about anything:v:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ihmemies posted:

It was bad. Sote campaign was worse. From that sample size I realize people don’t want me to decide about anything:v:

At least you're better than average at reading the room, at least as far as kuntavaaliehdokkaat go!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Can you give us vote numbers and how many you would have needed to get through without doxxing yourself in real time and getting assassinated?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Nenonen posted:

I must confess that I'm totally lost on what the supposed new electricity price support is supposed to be. At first it was price control. Then they talked about helicopter money
Now it sounds like there is a deductible of 100 euros (omavastuu) and the support goes up to 700 euros, per month. But this doesn't sound like either previous proposition. The articles I found weren't too clear about it either and it sounds like they'll figure it out later.

Does it mean that if my electric bill is gonna be 500, I need to use more power to get full benefit? It can't be.

As far as I have understood the proposal,

1. We're gonna look at your power bills for November and December
2. The amount of support you will get is (50-80% of your bills for Nov + Dec) - 100 euro deductible. This is capped at 700 euros
3. The amount of support (from 1 to 700 euros at max) gets automatically applied to your bills in February/March

So it's not really helicopter money, nor is it a cap on prices, the government will just one-time shoulder some of your electricity bill at the beginning of the year. Ostensibly, this should free up 1 to 700 euros of your many to go to other frivolous things like rent, food, the previous electricity bill you were unable to pay in December etc.

From energy saving standpoint the proposal seems kind of neutral, to me it's encouraging just as much saving as the current state of basically no support at all vOv

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Kemper Boyd posted:

you have to kinda keep the heat and the lights on in the winter.

At the core its one of those issues where the political system is extremely incapable of admitting we're in the middle of a global crisis, instead morons keep talking about DEBT.
If we do not have enough generating capacity in the EU right now, no amount of DEBT will solve it. You can and indeed should be required to turn down the thermostat a few degrees if you have electric heating. Lighting is a marginal thing in comparison.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Herman Merman posted:

If we do not have enough generating capacity in the EU right now, no amount of DEBT will solve it. You can and indeed should be required to turn down the thermostat a few degrees if you have electric heating. Lighting is a marginal thing in comparison.
You can not require anyone in Finland to be inconvenienced in any way, that would be communism. Except the poor of course, because they don't contribute to the kansantalous.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Kotitaloudet and maatalous use less than 1/3 of electricity in Finland. Of course people living in jänkhä should save elecrticity but maybe there are also other better targets from which edellyttää säästötalkoita.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

bad_fmr posted:

Kotitaloudet and maatalous use less than 1/3 of electricity in Finland. Of course people living in jänkhä should save elecrticity but maybe there are also other better targets from which edellyttää säästötalkoita.

But, but but... kilpailukyky!!! ...and huoltovarmuus!!! :derp: :mods: :derp:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Herman Merman posted:

Well, yes. But the thing is that a significant amount of the energy demands of households is rather unflexible. Temps go below -10, demands increase and so on. But instead of having something like a robust govt-enforced plan for energy use, we gently caress around with various plans to subsidize people's power bills. A lot of the political establishment has firmly denied the realities of the situation we're in, and it's going to hurt us over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
The sooner we start Olkiluoto 4 the sooner it'll be finished :unsmigghh: