Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kiss your wife Loid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This might as well be the thread title

quote:

SPY X FAMILY Anime - Kiss your wife Loid

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

What volume of the manga did this season end at? I want to catch up for the movie/next season.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

What volume of the manga did this season end at? I want to catch up for the movie/next season.

It's not ended yet, but it'll end on the first chapter of Volume 7. (There's also one missing chapter yet to be adapted, Extra Chapter 2 in Volume 3.)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, I mean after the Tennis match I don't even think that's an argument. They are obscenely superhuman, Yor is just a level beyond that.

I'll never not laugh at Yor taking random relationship stuff 200% seriously. "I'll clean up ALL the spilled cocoa! I -won- that tennis match!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbplUALoyyU

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Something's been bothering me, which is that I can't figure out what Yor's weapons are. Are they huge acupuncture needles? Knitting needles?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Keret posted:

Something's been bothering me, which is that I can't figure out what Yor's weapons are. Are they huge acupuncture needles? Knitting needles?

seems like a stiletto with no guard, and a finger hole on the end like a throwing knife

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Which would make it a sewing needle.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, they're basically stilettos in the shape of sewing needles (which are usually plastic and blunt).

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
They're ninja knitting needles.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
They're just bigass metal spikes she drives into peoples' skulls yeah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Damian is good

His father is a shitbag

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ngl the dad talk sounds like the exact reactionary rhetoric that would lead to a reignition of the war.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
What's up with Desmond's temple scars? Going from "gentle old man" anime face back to his creepy stare is unsettling.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Diephoon posted:

What's up with Desmond's temple scars? Going from "gentle old man" anime face back to his creepy stare is unsettling.

Could be from some kind of experiment to attempt to give himself powers like Anya or Bond. Or much more simply, they're not too far out from a war, it could be that he's a vet who picked them up somewhere on the battlefield.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah, from what Loid said Desmond seems to have been at one point quite a public figure and then retreated into isolation which could be that he underwent the same experiments that gave Anya her powers (which also makes her hate being around lots of people btw). It could also be from some kind of metal plate being installed to prevent his mind from being read. Anya fell asleep before meeting him so it's an open question of what would happen if she'd been able to try and read his mind.

Sure he could have also just been hurt in the war but thats less exciting!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Shinjobi posted:

Damian is good

The author's previous stuff has apparently been pretty dark so I love that the fundamental conceit of this series is that many people are fundamentally decent, even if that gets sublimated or twisted by wealth, political privilege, or other circumstances, and yet a chain of events sparked by some of the dirtiest elements of society (spycraft, assassination, unethical research) is bringing out the best in them. I really, really hope they can pull off a good ending.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nephthys posted:

Yeah, from what Loid said Desmond seems to have been at one point quite a public figure and then retreated into isolation which could be that he underwent the same experiments that gave Anya her powers (which also makes her hate being around lots of people btw).

Dang, I didn't even think of this possibility and now I'm thinking that hes also a psychic. Especially since Anya was also conveniently not in the scene to read his mind...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, I didn't even think of this possibility and now I'm thinking that hes also a psychic. Especially since Anya was also conveniently not in the scene to read his mind...

I had thought about that too but if he was a psychic, I feel like Loid would not have been able to leave that meeting alive (or at least, without being captured)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I had thought about that too but if he was a psychic, I feel like Loid would not have been able to leave that meeting alive (or at least, without being captured)

We've seen from Anya and Bond that there are multiple ways for psychic powers to manifest. He might have a toolkit that's less useful for detecting spies.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

TwoPair posted:

If, hypothetically, he has Anya's powers, Loid is much much more useful in the wind than he is captured.

Cynically: That's a free source of intel for Donovan that is eager to get into his presence as frequently as possible.

Optimistically: He is confirmation that, at least as far as this high level intel agent is aware, the Westalis government has no stomach for war and is actively taking steps to prevent it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Now that I think about it, Anya was out for a long time. I wonder if that was just her just being sleepy, or if Donovan's presence had something to do with that

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Or, conveniently, Anya's mind was unable to be read.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Or, conveniently, Anya's mind was unable to be read.

At some point another psychic will drop into the story like a bomb and I am so here for it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Shinji2015 posted:

Now that I think about it, Anya was out for a long time. I wonder if that was just her just being sleepy, or if Donovan's presence had something to do with that

This is a big question mark surrounding the whole visit. Whether Desmond has psychic powers or not, he's at least aware of the experimentation going on. And it wouldn't be surprising if he has some sort of countermeasure in place (whether its one of his guards, himself, or some sort of device) that shields him from psychics.

It also isn't outside the realm of possibility that he already knows about Anya, even if he might not know the specifics or that she's now a Forger.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It's been speculated for a while now that the mystery secret military project Twilight is supposed to get information on was whatever project produced Anya since that (plus one or two later things) would work to tie the various character stories together when poo poo starts to go down.

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
It would make sense, since Desmond's whole schtick is "humans fundamentally can't understand each other" so that does kind of logically lead to "thus we will make psychics!"

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

You know, Anya gets a lot of flak in universe for getting bad grades, but it occurs to me that she did pretend to be older than she actually was in order to get adopted by Loid. She's really not doing very bad for someone who's attending classes at a prestigious school for the gifted 1-2 years above her grade.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah that's been brought up before, I hope the competitive environment follows anime rules and it actually leads to her getting a lot better soon; because long term I imagine Damian is on track to become a Imperial Scholar and the gap in their respective social standings can only further widen.

Ideally somehow by some convoluted and hilarious set of circumstances Damian ends up tutoring Anya which helps her catch up and also gives himself more of an edge because nothing better hones your knowledge of the subject material than trying to teach it to someone else.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah that's been brought up before, I hope the competitive environment follows anime rules and it actually leads to her getting a lot better soon; because long term I imagine Damian is on track to become a Imperial Scholar and the gap in their respective social standings can only further widen.

Ideally somehow by some convoluted and hilarious set of circumstances Damian ends up tutoring Anya which helps her catch up and also gives himself more of an edge because nothing better hones your knowledge of the subject material than trying to teach it to someone else.

I'm not really opposed to her barely scraping by in school and mostly getting her stellas through outside events like how she got the first one. It feels more appropriate to how the story has mostly gone so far, and doesn't involve her suddenly growing intellect beyond her age.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hug your child Loid

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Getting some real Mr. Cardigan vibes from Desmond. Those eyes are something else.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anya is going to max out her stellas and bolts simultaneously

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Tunicate posted:

Yeah, this is the feeling I get on how it'll go. Henderson will have a heart attack trying to decide of she's elegant or atrocious because of it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
psychic experiment theorycrafting whatever, i just wanna say i appreciate how incredibly child stupid anya is and continues to be

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Tunicate posted:

That would just lead to her being expelled.

Honestly, I do want Anya to get better at school. Never actual straight A student, but a solid C student with a pet subject.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Adder Moray posted:

That would just lead to her being expelled.

Honestly, I do want Anya to get better at school. Never actual straight A student, but a solid C student with a pet subject.

Would it? Cause I'm pretty sure it's an open question what would happen then, given she's both an imperial schooler deserving of distinguishment and a troublemaker deserving of expelling. Which is what makes it such a fun idea to land on, because no-one would have any real idea what to do.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Anya being a year or two younger than her classmates but being fairly gifted for her age would likely result in her very rapidly catching up to her classmates as she hits the appropriate age to learn the material she's on.

I dunno how long the series plans to go in-world though- the mission is framed as being a short term, year or two thing but given the insane popularity of the series I could see it getting extended. I don't think you could do a big time skip though because part of what makes the whole dynamic work is Anya being a baby basically; Anya at middle-school/high-school age would really change how it all works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Fabricated posted:

Anya being a year or two younger than her classmates but being fairly gifted for her age would likely result in her very rapidly catching up to her classmates as she hits the appropriate age to learn the material she's on.

I dunno how long the series plans to go in-world though- the mission is framed as being a short term, year or two thing but given the insane popularity of the series I could see it getting extended. I don't think you could do a big time skip though because part of what makes the whole dynamic work is Anya being a baby basically; Anya at middle-school/high-school age would really change how it all works.

Honestly after seeing some fanart of Anya and Damian being older I really hope it does the Boy Meets World thing of us following along their family antics over the years. Make it like a long running soap opera sort of deal.