Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I don't like tall Kanchome. Very weird.

Otherwise I'm very happy at the new Gash Bell

it's important that kanchome looks goofy as hell and he still does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

man after reading the latest few chapters, Kingdom is just an incredible achievement. It's insane to think we already have a 750 chapter epic that will probably make it close to 1k and chronicle the main character from a peasant in a village backwater to participating in and witnessing the reunification of China.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
And yet they've still not conquered a single other territory in all those chapters lol

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Arist posted:

Oh hey, just got an email from Viz stating that the price of the monthly Shonen Jump membership is increasing from two dollars... to three dollars.

Still, a very easy decision to continue subscribing, personally, especially since they added tracking progress through a series between desktop and the mobile app.

Yeah, not a big deal and still totally worth it. The $1.99 was so cheap that I've gotten a few random months free just because I had no other activity during those periods on the credit card I use for it (Discover) and processing the billing for $1.99 would cost them more than it was worth so they just straight up apply a "small balance credit" to the account and zero it out for that month.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Still funny as gently caress the 2nd time around. Folgore suddenly remembering all the poo poo he had to tank during the previous series and regretting everything.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Jose posted:

And yet they've still not conquered a single other territory in all those chapters lol
I have forwarded your complaints about his poor pacing to the real Qin Shi Huang 2200 years ago. :v:

More seriously they have captured territory, just not wiped out other states, and after that happens to Zhao the others fall pretty quickly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 14, 2022

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, even with the slight price increase, Viz is still the best deal on out there.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OfficialHitsuji/status/1603916927621271552?s=20&t=3rOqDoUOmmhh7XFDlVZ23Q

Yozakura Family is getting an anime.

Even as someone who enjoys the manga, I'm not sure the anime will last long. The beginning chapters are by far the weakest part of the series. The first chapter introduces the titular family and is a good core cast of characters to base things around, but they then got mostly sidelined while dozens of other, less interesting characters got introduced and discarded when they didn't catch on. Eventually it got back to focusing on the family itself and left those other side characters behind, but it took an embarrassingly long time to get there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of anime adaptations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTlXAfYvwAI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also finally said the JJK anime is back in July.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

It’s amazing how much this makes me remember the parts that I actively dislike.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakamoto Days continues to be the coolest although was expecting Shishiba to eat it here, wondering what this means for the story since I was expecting Amane to confront his dad at some point.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sakamoto Days continues to be the coolest although was expecting Shishiba to eat it here, wondering what this means for the story since I was expecting Amane to confront his dad at some point.

Amane learning his dad actually was the good parent out of the two after he kicks it is definitely the sort of dramatic irony that I can see the story going for.

Incidentally, I wonder what this revelation means for Slur's deal.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Akane Banashi says "gently caress landlords"

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

gonna be honest, Mashle coming back and his interactions with this very serious goober are pretty funny

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SpiritOfLenin posted:

gonna be honest, Mashle coming back and his interactions with this very serious goober are pretty funny

"Save your disappointment for your lover not me."

:lol:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

"Save your disappointment for your lover not me."

:lol:

I want Mash to punch him more.
I'm not sure if all the peanut gallery fights were the Mangaka purposefully inducing the worst case of blueballs ever on purpose making every normal punch now feel like a symphony or if he just completely misread the room and is now stumbling back into what made Mash great by accident.

It's also a bit silly that Doom isn't getting a little nervous. Mash brought you to your knees in a single punch, tanked everything by doing a silly dance and launched you across the room while you're at 90% power and you've done exactly 0 damage. Unless your remaining 10% is actually 50%, you're screwed.

Fabricants: I'm digging fabricants.

Ichinose: I am not digging Ichinose. There's no mystery, I find it hard to keep the characters and their "motivations" apart. On the one hand I would like to know how everything gets resolved, but on the other it doesn't feel worth the effort at all.

Sakamoto: I don't believe staff guy died. It doesn't fit with Amano's story and the words of blondy and even be interpreted that he has no reason to kill him.
But man, I love the creativity behind these fighting styles so much. How interesting can you make a guy who fights with 2 bog standard claw hammers against a guy with a segmented staff....well this interesting.

Witch Watch: Good.

Undead Unluck: That was one hell of a quick training arc. Still, very cool to see the previous loop interact with the current loop.

Roboco: Didn't finish, I don't like Second Year much.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Heart Gear going back on hiatus. Hope the author is able to better recover this time around.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Marriagetoxin ex chapter Lmao it's not even a grand piano in there

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So uh do we know anything about how Ruridragon’s author is doing?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
new chapter of Ragna Crimson
Introducing the Sun Cult's Dragon Slaying monks and a face our MC will never be rid of apparently.

Also Get hosed Crimson, no plan of yours will ever work out as intended. I love that Ragna is probably going to solo this entire bloodline.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ragna Crimson I wonder if Crimson is one of the monks in disguise or if they will show up later.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ethiser posted:

Ragna Crimson I wonder if Crimson is one of the monks in disguise or if they will show up later.

The title page shows that he’s Orgel

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

The title page shows that he’s Orgel

To add to this, I'm like 99% certain that Marionetta is Golem. Crimson's phrasing aside it's suspicious that there's a machine that advanced enough to be recognized as a saint name dropped on the same page as Orgel/Crimson.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mash today reminding me why I love this stupid series.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

After a great first chapter I had been really disappointed in Glinka and Gluna. But this fight has got me back on board.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this villain is the first interesting character to appear in the manga.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Fabricant continues to get better with each chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Akane-banashi: Really digging the past few chapters and the Urara arc. Akane's just fuckin' built different, I guess, in terms of focus and memorization. I guess that's one of her strengths of her single-minded focus. That said, I wonder what Urara's aim is. She clearly knew that Akane wasn't gonna be able to pull off an exact copy of Fetching Tea, so I assume it's a sort of test for Akane, though I'm not sure what the test is. Does she want Akane to try and craft a persona capable of adding the sultry undertones of her version of Fetching Tea? Or does she want Akane to modify Fetching Tea in a manner more fitting? Considering that Urara's master was the kind of guy who hated the thought of people modifying his rakugo style, I wonder what Urara's personal take on it is.

Elusive Samurai: So like I expected, the seemingly suicidal maneuver from a guy with no battle experience turns out to have been the smart decision. Also interesting that the dude decides to go after Tokiyuki with words and not swords, and takes advantage of his youth to create the illusion of an adult scolding a child. But also, as it's been brought up before (especially with Kojiro's past), the Hojo shogunate wasn't really that great of a thing for plenty of people, and while the readers are on Tokiyuki's side, the dude does make a good point that its collapse was due to its internal corruption. Of course, that said, it's not like the Ashikaga are that great either, all things considered.

G&G: Man I love how fuckin' weird and grotesque Schezeareawerawe is. I'm gonna assume the majority of the big shots in the guild are like her, albeit not as far gone as she is.

Mashle: I always find it weird when people do percentage-based powers. Cause like, the dude went from 90% to 100%, and yet somehow that extra 10% has every making GBS threads themselves like it's 10x stronger. It's like 11% stronger. Though I guess given the Younger Toguro parody he might be going 120% or some poo poo. Which is like, 33% stronger than 90%. I dunno, percentage powers seem so stupid.

Me and Roboco: Another useless Bondo chapter! But they combined it with a dating chapter so I dunno. Still an okay chapter though.

Sakamoto Days: Nagumo's a heckin' mystery, I wonder what his endgame is! That said, it looks like we're gonna learn more about Raon and her death at Slur's hands. Sorta funny that we have another super strong chick dying in a SJ manga (MHA,and now JJK) and Raon never even got to show up in the manga proper! I guess what I'm saying is, Osaragi better watch her back.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If you ran a 4.2 second 40 time you'd be one of the fastest humans to ever exist

If you reveal that you were only using 90% of your speed, and then ran a 3.78. You would have utterly shattered any even reported unofficial human time.

Small reaction time and speed differences in sports and fighting is the differences between getting hit and dodging.

If you gave any remotely competent boxer/MMA fighter 10% more of everything(hand speed/power/reaction time) they would probably instantly jump to being the best in the world to ever do it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think giving a boxer 10% more would turn them into a giant hulk with a death aura though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways the issue is that we've been getting the dude 10% increments for like the past few months and it's getting tiresome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean if you were 250 pounds of muscle another 25 pounds would be a noticable difference lol

And if your death aura was like 10 meters another meter is a huge areas add

:colbert:

But yes percentage power holding back have always been silly hackery.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Akane-banashi: Really digging the past few chapters and the Urara arc. Akane's just fuckin' built different, I guess, in terms of focus and memorization. I guess that's one of her strengths of her single-minded focus. That said, I wonder what Urara's aim is. She clearly knew that Akane wasn't gonna be able to pull off an exact copy of Fetching Tea, so I assume it's a sort of test for Akane, though I'm not sure what the test is. Does she want Akane to try and craft a persona capable of adding the sultry undertones of her version of Fetching Tea? Or does she want Akane to modify Fetching Tea in a manner more fitting? Considering that Urara's master was the kind of guy who hated the thought of people modifying his rakugo style, I wonder what Urara's personal take on it is.

One idea I had is that since Akane has an affinity towards playing old men (lol), instead of putting focus on the act of seducing, she'll play up the ones being seduced.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Next villain to do percentage based holding back should undo more of their drip and reveal that nothing was in it and fill it in.

'Okay, you're pretty good. I'll give you 70% now.' Takes off their jacket, second shoulder grows in

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

One idea I had is that since Akane has an affinity towards playing old men (lol), instead of putting focus on the act of seducing, she'll play up the ones being seduced.

Basically one of the things I'm most curious is, uh, how much you're allowed to revise and modify an act that you've been taught. Cause different performers have different styles, so if you're learning a story from a specific performer, I'd assume there's an obligation to adhere to the original performer's style to some extent? Especially considering Urara's master was the extreme example of it, where (before meeting Urara) he was resigned to the fact that he'd die without passing it on because he didn't think anyone could perform it exactly like he did.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Traditional villain "the world is broken and only my rule can fix it" speech, but about why they don't need to know maths.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Elfface posted:

Traditional villain "the world is broken and only my rule can fix it" speech, but about why they don't need to know maths.

The villain keeps saying that the heroes have now forced him to use 2 percent of his power, no matter where the fight has gotten to, including when he's turned into a giant monster and when he's bleeding out on the pavement.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The doping comment got a laugh out of me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

The doping comment got a laugh out of me though.

It's a supplement.